Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it possible to get a Chinese visa?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zanniati

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Is it possible to get a Chinese visa? Reply with quote

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/korea2.htm

This website says that in order to get a Chinese visa you need 6 months left on your ARC. I have only 5 months left. I want to go to China during my vacation this summer. Is it possible?
young_clinton

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the Chinese embassy and find out. They might give you a visa anyway. It's only a simple trip there.
northway

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that the embassy won't give you one, but that the consulate in Busan overlooks the rule. If you go through a travel agent they will send it to the Busan consulate and you can get your visa, at least I think that's how it works. I know a few people who have paid a bit more (~40,000) to a travel agent and have received visas.
jacksthirty

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northway wrote:
My understanding is that the embassy won't give you one, but that the consulate in Busan overlooks the rule. If you go through a travel agent they will send it to the Busan consulate and you can get your visa, at least I think that's how it works. I know a few people who have paid a bit more (~40,000) to a travel agent and have received visas.

You might want to check on this. I tried that last year and was told that that particular 'loop hole' had been closed. but I got my visa through some company via the Gwanju consulate!
northway

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacksthirty wrote:
northway wrote:

You might want to check on this. I tried that last year and was told that that particular 'loop hole' had been closed. but I got my visa through some company via the Gwanju consulate!

Very Happy God bless bureaucratic incompetence. I suppose it will take them another three years to for Gwangju to get the memo, at which point China's economy will have thoroughly slowed down and they will reverse course entirely in order to get tourism dollars.
everything-is-everything

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the logic behind denying a visa based off of someone's ARC?

Shouldn't the vise be related to the passport?

I don't get it?
dfunk

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke with a travel agency in Seoul this morning and they told me the same thing. That because I only have 4 months left on my ARC, I could not get a Chinese visa issued from Korea.

They did say though that I could send my passport home to Canada and have the visa issued at the embassy there. I don't know how easy the process is or if there would be any issues with doing that and booking my flight from Korea.

I'm waiting for the embassy to open and will contact them tonight. I'll post an update later
chungbukdo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about for people who don't have an ARC? Ie, people like me who are traveling through Asia and are staying in Korea as a tourist. Any experience?

From what I remember, it was 1100 baht (bout 30 bucks) to get a 30 day visa at the Chinese embassy in Bangkok. This was for a Canadian tourist.
northway

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

everything-is-everything wrote:
What's the logic behind denying a visa based off of someone's ARC?

Shouldn't the vise be related to the passport?

I don't get it?

I believe it's because too many off the books Western workers in China were using Korea as their tourist visa refueling pit stop. Now they have to go to Hong Kong, and can't go elsewhere, per my understanding from my buddy who works in marketing in Shanghai. That said, my understanding may be flawed.
joeyjoejoe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chungbukdo wrote:
What about for people who don't have an ARC? Ie, people like me who are traveling through Asia and are staying in Korea as a tourist. Any experience?

From what I remember, it was 1100 baht (bout 30 bucks) to get a 30 day visa at the Chinese embassy in Bangkok. This was for a Canadian tourist.

you're likely out of luck, fly to hongkong or macau and get the visa there...flying to mongolia, philippines are also options that may be "affordable"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: