Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dungeons and Dragons: The Quest for Nerds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Insidejohnmalkovich

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbryanphoto wrote:
Hi, I moved to Busan a few months ago and I'm interested in joining a game. I've never played before, but it seems like fun and I'd like to meet some new people. Are there any game starting soon and how could I go about joining one? Thanks.

We have a D&D game on Google+ on Saturdays. The dungeon master (the person who runs the game) lives a bit far off, so it is more convenient to play it on the internet together. We use a Google Hangout, Web cameras (optional) and Microphones. It is a very relaxed game, so I think you might be able to join us.

If you are interested, I can get you invited to the Facebook group called D&D in Busan. That is how we organize most of our games.

There is another game which is played in person at Pusan Catholic University. The fellow who runs that game is a professor of Business English, so he has an office for people to play in. The players meet every other Sunday afternoon.
kbryanphoto

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch. Do you know how to get in touch with the people at Busan Catholic University?

An invite to the Facebook group would also be great.
Insidejohnmalkovich

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbryanphoto wrote:
Thanks a bunch. Do you know how to get in touch with the people at Busan Catholic University?

An invite to the Facebook group would also be great.

Once you join the Facebook group, you can connect with whichever game you fancy. The Busan Catholic University players all belong to the Facebook group.

If you would like to join the D&D in which I am playing, we two could meet in person and I could help you make a character and explain a few simple rules. Then you would be ready to play with us on Google+
kbryanphoto

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to get out of the house on weekends, so I'll look up the Busan Catholic group first. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to join Google +.
Insidejohnmalkovich

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is interested in playing the Fourth Edition of Dungeons & Dragons, we are playing about every two or three weeks on Skype. it is hard to get a face-to-face group sitting around a table in Korea, so this works very well.

The main group meets in Toronto but we can play with them via Skype. This means playing at two o'clock on Sunday morning, but considering how hard it is to get a Fourth Edition game together, it is well worth it. (Besides I would rather spend these sunny days outside rather than cooped up around a table.)

Contact me if you are interested.
Insidejohnmalkovich

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still welcome new roleplayers in Pusan.

Right now the games are being played using Google+ Hangout using a microphone and a web camera. This is so that we can play along with other friends who live far away.

There is the aforementioned Fourth Edition game. That requires an iron constitution since it is played from two o'clock until nine o'clock in the morning due to the time difference.

There is also a game of Basic D&D/Labyrinth Lord on every other Saturday at nine o'clock until about twelve o'clock at night.
Insidejohnmalkovich

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: We still welcome new roleplayers in Pusan.

There is a Dungeons & Dragons game almost every week at one of our members' apartments. The game system varies, but the campaign remains consistent. We usually get some pizza or chicken and beer for the afternoon.

There is also a game of Basic D&D/Labyrinth Lord on every other Saturday at nine o'clock until about twelve o'clock at night. This game is being played using Google+ Hangout using a microphone and a web camera. This is so that we can play along with other friends who live far away.
Insidejohnmalkovich

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are now 27 members in the Facebook group D&D in Busan!

We have a regular Google+ Hangout game of Dungeons & Dragons every two weeks.

We have another regular face-to-face Dungeons & Dragons game (using a stripped down homebrew). We meet every two weeks at the apartment of one of our members.

Another member occasionally playtests his own creation: a roleplaying game based on Wuxia and Kung Fu movies.
Insidejohnmalkovich

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on current activities in D&D Busan:

1. The Vaults of Ur: old school Basic D&D homebrewed for taste. Runs every other Saturday on Google+

2. Fourth Edition run by yours truly on Google+: intermittent

3. 3.5 Edition D&D run on Google+, usually on occasional Sunday afternoons or evenings.

4. Various spontaneous games of various systems: Google+ makes for very convenient and spur-of-the-moment play.
Insidejohnmalkovich

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest update on current activities in D&D Busan:

1. The Vaults of Ur: old school Basic D&D homebrewed for taste. Runs every other Saturday night on Google+

2. Fourth Edition run by yours truly on Google+: intermittent

3. 3.5 Edition D&D run on Google+, usually on occasional Sunday afternoons or evenings.

4. Various spontaneous games of various systems: Google+ makes for very convenient and spur-of-the-moment play.
Insidejohnmalkovich

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New players are welcome for my D&D game. I have a Facebook Group for it which currently has eleven members. Contact me by message here.

We will play on this Friday night at nine o'clock. Possibly on Sunday night if that does not pan out for everyone.

No obligation to play every week: we have enough players so that we can usually have a game without needing everyone every time.

We play on Google+, so you do not need to travel during this cold weather.
rtbarret

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lord! Can't believe this topic is still alive and well! If I manage the time, I'm interested in getting in on some 3.5e action. I'm trying to keep FB out of my life, so if you could send me a message here perhaps we could exchange emails?
Insidejohnmalkovich

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself only use Facebook to organize my gaming. I imagine you can do the same. You could make a fake account so your co-workers et alia do not pester you with lolcats and chain emails. I discovered that to join a Facebook group you do not need to "Friend" someone: just search the Group (D&D in Busan) and send a Join Request.

However, if you still do not want to join Facebook, there are also Google+ Communities for Roleplaying.

Emails and messages between the two of us would not help you as much since there is far more action going on than that in which I am directly involved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: