Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I just ate an awesome bacon sandwich
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

The OP is what?
Right on
39%
 39%  [ 15 ]
Deluded
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Obviously quite drunk
28%
 28%  [ 11 ]
Just like You
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Having a nervous breakdown
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
No Chuck Norris
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 38

JustinC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: I just ate an awesome bacon sandwich Reply with quote

Really ... it was yummy. I fried lower sodium Farmland bacon rashers and stuck em in some seeded brown bread from the local La Pommier, with local lettuce and tomatoes. It's sunny outside and I have lots of free time this weekend. Life doesn't get much better.
Dodge7

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is actually pretty funny being that I just posted on the facebook thread about despising people and God forbid I ever update my status to let people know I just made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich...
nukeday

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a facebook update about despising people is pretty lame too, unless you're 16. in which case, right on bro.
JustinC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I can make a fantastic Indian or Thai curry, growing my own coriander, and I've recently found a good source for Welsh rarebit and have some nice pasta recipes too.

But having a decent bacon sammich was the best start to a hangover I've had in quite a bit.
yodanole

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, JustinC could have posted this on Facebook, but he posted it here instead. The question is why?
JustinC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yodanole wrote:
Well, JustinC could have posted this on Facebook, but he posted it here instead. The question is why?

It's an off-topic forum; why not?
Pa Jan Jo A Hamnida

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad idea. Think I'll have a Maple bacon bagel for lunch.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP is deluded. Reduced sodium? Rolling Eyes

Laughing
JustinC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone know that fillet/loin of pork in Korea is so cheap?? You get a whole fillet for 6-7k - that's about lb in weight and is as low in fat as chicken (sans skin). Mix with a little pork belly and it's about the closest you'll get to back bacon here. Yummy breakfast today was pork fillet steaks, fried eggs, fresh coffee and followed by some pastries from La Pommier. A day off, everything is done for tomorrow and it's sunny. Cool It's d�j� vu all over again.
JustinC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaah, went for a long ride on my Daelim and brought back a chunk of sirloin steak. Covered it in pepper, pan fried medium-rare, and had it with potato wedges (home made, not frozen), salad and lots of whole grain mustard, washed down with a nice glass of draught Guinness. It's the weekend again!
J Rock

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For dinner I had a sandwich made from semi stale bread, I cooked up a chicken breast the night before and cut it into strips, BUT i snacked on too much of the chicken after i cooked it so there wasent enough to make a good size sandwich. So I added lots of lettuce and a piece of cheese.

Thats the story of how my sandwich sucked today.
JustinC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno what I'll make today. Maybe fish?
NYC_Gal 2.0

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustinC wrote:
I dunno what I'll make today. Maybe fish?

Make fish tacos!
JustinC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Beefy Beefy Beefy Yay Reply with quote

I got this beef that was heavily scored and in long strips from the local mart. I marinated it in thinly sliced garlic, chili and ginger, a sprinkle of sugar, soy sauce and white wine. After a few hours I fried it on a heavy, large pan and served with lots of lettuce and beer. Pretty damn good, even if I say so myself.

Anyone have a better recipe ?
JustinC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it appears that I write these words in haste, I beg your forgiveness - but my time is brief, for I cannot know how long my sanity will endure. For I have tasted of That Which Must Not Be Named - that which its acolytes, in foul ceremonies of ancient Pagan faiths, call "Marmite" - and I fear my mind cannot long endure the memory of that hideous flavour. My G-d, my G-d, my G-d -

No. G-d help me, no! I will finish this, my last and greatest duty in this life. For the sake of my soul, that it might be saved though my mind cannot. And for you, Gentle Reader, that you might hear the warning I was too arrogant to heed . . .

I graduated from Miskatonic Univerity's Gardner School of Law, New England's finest law school. I was - there is no modest way to put this - widely regarded as a genius. My monograph describing the influence of the Cult of Nyarhotep upon the development of Greco-Roman law was published in the Miskatonic Review of Forgotten Law, and secured my place in the Arkham firm of Pierce and Danforth. My court-room skills were such that I prevailed in suits thought to be beyond the hope of victory, and I was made a partner in the firm before two years had passed.

Perhaps my successes in the world of Man are what doomed and damned me both. Perhaps my victories in litigation seduced me into the pursuit of newer, stranger victories beyond the grasp of Man. If I knew once *why* I had chosen as I did, I cannot now recall - not now, as the light of Reason dims by the instant, smothered by that Taste ... merciful G-d, that *Taste* ...!

I had just settled the matter of the West Estate, to my client's satisfaction and delight. At his insistence, I joined him at a local pub. I would have preferred to decline, for the pub was of the lower sort - a tradesmen's pub, for fishermen and dockworkers and the like. However, my client had amassed a considerable fortune, and my fellow partners insisted I indulge the man. G-d, what I would give now to have stayed away then! To have stayed far away! To have run, and run, and run, until legs and lungs and heart could carry me no further!

The bar-tender was ancient, his face lined in eldritch manner beyond that which years alone (though they were many) could credit. As afternoon turned to evening, and evening to night, he brought pint after pint to our table, listening with cold and somehow foreign eyes to my increasingly elaborate boasts of my legal prowess.

It must have been ten o�clock when, steeped in drink as Adam was steeped in that first and greatest sin, the bartender produced a small jar alongside our ales. It was a harmless-looking thing, at first inspection. But my old professors of Law had trained me to look deeper into the heart of things, and the heart of this jar was � wrong. Its lines bent and curved upon each other in ways that Euclid had never imagined, and the colour of the thing defied my eyes in some strange and hideous manner � seeming first one hue, and then other, but never anything that the Earth of sun and stone and living things had ever seen.

�What�s this, then?� my client asked, his arm sweeping drunkenly to encompass, not just the jar, but perhaps all Creation. He struck his pint � long-since emptied � and it rolled unheeded to the floor.

The bartender gestured silently towards the jar, and � with eyes now accustomed to the unnatural colour and lines of the wretched thing � I saw a label, faded by what seemed like strange eons past. The script was alien � surely no Man had ever thought to inscribe lines of such obscene proportion, such arcane and strangely decadent curvature and angle. And yet � a word came to me, as if from unfathomable distances of space and time, and I knew the name of the jar � or rather, its contents.

�Marmite,� I whispered, the fetid word crawling from my lips despite my manful effort � for no curse, no blasphemy, no obscenity uttered by Man had ever felt as coldly, inhumanly vile as those two alien syllables.

A chant � harsh, and far older than any Christian verse � burst from a nearby table. �La! La! Cthulhu ftaghn! Marmite ftaghn! Cthulhu ftaghn!�

�What is this?� whispered my client. I glimpsed the colour draining from his slackened face, but my eyes remained locked to those cold and foreign eyes of the bartender.

�It goes well � with toast,� the ancient man intoned. He produced a slice, pressed it into my hand. My skin went cold, then numb, where the man�s fingers brushed mine.

My client, roused from his drunken stupor, tensed. �No!� he cried. �Damn you, man, death will be the least you have to fear from this! My grandfather was maddened by the mere odor of Marmite!�

That alien chant burst across the room again. �La! La! Cthlhu ftaghn! Marmite ftaghn! Cthulhu ftaghn!�

Laugher rose in me � or perhaps from outside of me, from that cold and uncaring corner of vast and unknowable space from whence Marmite came. I knew not then, and I know not now. Perhaps it was merely pride that impelled me to say, �Nonsense! I could do with a snack!�

My hands, as of their own accord, grasped and unscrewed the lid of the Marmite jar. The screw-threads screamed in faint protest as the lid, of metal older than any to be found in the world of Men, scraped against them. The ichor revealed whence the lid was removed � faintly quivering, gellid and loathesome � cannot be described in the English tongue, and G-d willing never will be. However, I was compelled � I swear to Chr-st, I was compelled! � to scrape the dark mass onto toast.

And then I ate, in obscene parody of the sacred Communion rite � but whose body that bread became upon transubstantiation, and whose blood the Marmite was, I cannot relate even now, at Madness� door.

The rest of that night, I cannot � and dare not � recall. I woke the next morning in my home, collapsed upon the floor, with horror bubbling beneath my breast, I took up pen and paper, and wrote these words.

My work is almost done now, as is my Sanity. I find I cannot mourn its passing � perhaps the horror will lesson once I rest in insanity�s embrace. Perhaps.

Learn from my sad example, Gentle Reader. There are things Man was not meant to know � things that care for us not at all, that crush us as we crush ants that stray beneath our feet. These, we must avoid. And chief among their number � is Marmite.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: