Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guesthouse in Pyongtaek?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drew345

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Guesthouse in Pyongtaek? Reply with quote

There is a chance I will be doing 3 month student teaching at Osan American H.S. on the Osan Air Force base. This is not actually located in Osan, but actually in the Songtan section of Pyeongtaek.

The School department is asking me for more details about where I will stay before they process my application. Seems backwards to arrange the housing before getting the approval, but that�s the way they do it. Anyway, it is good to start to think about it.

Anyone know a good motel, goshiwon, guesthouse in the Songtan area. Having wifi and laundry would be great. Maybe there is another forum for all the foreigners (air force) in Pyeongtaek?

Actually Yongsan American H.S. in Seoul is my first choice. I can easily find the accommodation there. It is Pyongtaek that I am lacking experience in.

Thanks,
lemak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a "Pyeongtaek" facebook group which also encompasses Songtan and will provide you with a lot of info.
The main walking strip directly in front of Osan AFB has dozens of hotels.
Hotel Victoria and Hotel Rose aren't bad and generally charge around 30 bucks a night, which would come down quite a lot if you are willing to pay per month.
Both are literally two minutes walk from the main gate and have English speaking bosses and staff if you can google their phone numbers or email addresses.
Are you footing the bill, or is someone else paying???
I-am-me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they paying for your lodging or not? You can find love hotels to stay at monthly or apartments. Let us know your budget. PM me so i can get more info to you.
I-am-me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I dont believe the HS is on the base. It's somewhere between Songtan and Osan if I remember correctly. My friends daughter goes there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: