Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jeju in September! Need advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmadtownweb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Jeju in September! Need advice Reply with quote

The lady friend and I are doing Jeju the first week in September for 5 days/4 nights. We'll be renting a car so we'll be mobile. I've heard good things about the southern side of the island so we'd like to find a nice pension/hotel there.

Can anyone recommend a nice place to stay along the ocean on the southern side?

Also, I want to find a nice place in the middle of the island closer to the airport for the last night and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Looking for a cool wooded area with a campfire and a nice cabin.

Any info would be great! Thanks!
padme

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww sounds so romantic ^^ My bf and I went there together and it was like a honeymoon (but a really modest one haha). If you're looking for a simple motel in Seogwipo, I recommend "Good Inn Hotel". It's at the top of a hill so it has a nice view, and it's kind of in the middle of Seogwipo. Some of the "Olle gils" are closeby, plus the seaside, the traditional market, and nice cafes are within walking distance. The "Believe it or not" museum, and some "black pork" restaurants are about a 10-20 min. drive away. I'm not sure if they have wireless internet, but there are computers in the lobby that you can use (plus there is a cafe around the corner where you can connect to the internet). Though it isn't a luxurious hotel, it has a bathtub, the interior design is cute and cozy, and it's clean! The owners and staff were pretty nice too, and they offered us a good deal since we paid cash (sorry, I can't remember how much it was exactly but I know it was a good deal).

We stayed there last year in Feb. so you might wanna double check if it's still there in Seogwipo since you know, businesses come and go so quickly in Korea haha.

I'm sure you two will have a pleasant time on Jeju Island~
jmadtownweb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much! I'll look into it! Can't wait to go. The pictures I've been looking at are amazing!
Thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: