Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone here playing Dayz?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimchifart

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Anyone here playing Dayz? Reply with quote

Thought it might be nice to get an expat dayz casual group going...are there any existing ones I could join?
PaperTiger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent idea. Thing is, I can't get it on Steam anymore since we switched over to domestic credit cards....do they have it at any of the PC rooms? Do the PC rooms here use any Steam games at all?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hRQ3vFkh_c&feature=relmfu

The video does a good job of outlining the game dynamics. I'd like to spend an afternoon in the air-conditioned comfort of the near-empty pc room near my house playing this. If you get a guy at the pc room who isn't indifferent, usually they will key into any new game you want to hook up and they'll do their best to make it happen, thereby making you a regular at their establishment.

Is Skyping an absolute necessity or is the in-game chatter sufficient for team play? This looks pretty sweet, eh?
PaperTiger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I buy the game on disc at a store...which servers will I be able to use to play online?
PaperTiger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought the game on Steam yesterday, although the summer sale was already finished I'm quite confident I can play enough to get my money's worth. I got an amazingly low ping on a Korean server this morning 16ms!!! so I was pretty stoked. TIL that if you see couple of guys in the full-on camo suits doing a stake-out...assume they're going to gun you down. Good times.

This guy's commentary on the game is instructive and pretty damn funny at the same time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CYpJYr8i-c&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CYpJYr8i-c&feature=relmfu

Very fun game, a little long to learn, but fun as hell. Check it out. We need moar noobs.
Kimchifart

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate, sorry for the late reply...

here is a guide to setting up day z, it's best to use six updater as it does most of it for you. I don't think you even have to do the beta patch part now as the full version patch was released on steam. Make sure you open combined ops vanilla at least one time before installing dayz.

A friend and I are planning to start playing in a week or two once I'm back in Korea so pm your steam username to me and I'll add ya. three is a decent number.
PaperTiger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone on the Korean servers are bandits, except for one guy aptly named "Don'tShootMe"....who has been shot and killed more times than you can count.
PaperTiger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't done the tutorials in Arma 2 or played single-player...learning how to play this game well is hella hard. It's pretty fun though.
Kimchifart

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaperTiger wrote:
If you haven't done the tutorials in Arma 2 or played single-player...learning how to play this game well is hella hard. It's pretty fun though.

Just noticed you're a fast show fan by the way...

Yeah, it's tricky, but you'll be surprised how quickly you'll get used to it. The standalone version is coming out in a couple of months too.
PaperTiger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The griefers are out in full force on most [high population] servers. If we're playing at the same time, PM me your Steam ID and we can team up. Turns out a lot of us are noobs or know something worth hearing. Steam has a global chat that makes teaming up pretty easy. We're using Skype for team play...which makes a great global com for all team members regardless of location.

Anyways, drop a line if you wanna team up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: