Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

War drums for Isreal and Iran
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
young_clinton

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: War drums for Isreal and Iran Reply with quote

http://news.yahoo.com/video/opinion-15749653/war-drums-for-israel-and-iran-30301026.html

This is starting to look really serious. There is a point of no return quickly coming up with Iran's nuclear program. Watch this and see how serious this is.
weebil

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing will happen. they've had tension before and it was always defused.
Junior

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: War drums for Isreal and Iran Reply with quote

young_clinton wrote:
There is a point of no return quickly coming up with Iran's nuclear program.

They've been saying that for (years?) already.

They said the same about North Korea.

Iran has too many domestic problems to risk a war with anyone else. Last I heard they just had an earthquake to deal with.
catman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Israel would need the US's help to successfully attack Iran.
Konglishman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no idea that Israel is real. Laughing
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in '56 the Brits, French, and Israelis attacked Egypt. Eisenhower said something like, 'You shouldn't do it, but if you do, you are on your own.'

I highly suspect Obama has said much the same to Netanyahu.
young_clinton

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya-ta Boy wrote:
Back in '56 the Brits, French, and Israelis attacked Egypt. Eisenhower said something like, 'You shouldn't do it, but if you do, you are on your own.'

I highly suspect Obama has said much the same to Netanyahu.

I don't think so. The US probably won't offer a blank check to Isreal however, prior to the Suez incident Isreal lost a huge amount of its population fighting the Arabs who were trying to overun Isreal. I think Isreal continues to exist and the US will guarantee that.
spanky1off

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course it WILL happen. the ultimate aim since the 1990's has been to pacify iraq/iran/syria.afghanistan. its empire building in its very simplist form. now there discussing a no-fly zone over syria. what does that mean? it mean the western allies support for syrian rebels (including al-quaida linked groups). there is no human right campaign. they dont give a u know what. its about resources and thats it. by the way there most likely is no bomb in iran. dont beleive this media that tells you what to beleive. theres big money to be made from iran and that's it. google american bases surrounding iran and american bases encorcling china. its all about the resources. they dont care about religions or democracy, if you subvert to their power then your one of the good guys. thats it.
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spanky1off wrote:
of course it WILL happen. the ultimate aim since the 1990's has been to pacify iraq/iran/syria.afghanistan. its empire building in its very simplist form. now there discussing a no-fly zone over syria. what does that mean? it mean the western allies support for syrian rebels (including al-quaida linked groups). there is no human right campaign. they dont give a u know what. its about resources and thats it. by the way there most likely is no bomb in iran. dont beleive this media that tells you what to beleive. theres big money to be made from iran and that's it. google american bases surrounding iran and american bases encorcling china. its all about the resources. they dont care about religions or democracy, if you subvert to their power then your one of the good guys. thats it.

Has nothing to do with resources. If Israel had been established in India we'd be in a global war against radical Hinduism, and occupying a bunch of areas around there.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/07/30/israels-plan-for-syria/
spanky1off

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that might be the isrealis perspective for imediate security and i agree with that titus. its always better your enemies are divided and conquered. but here in lies that synergy in that the U.s. want to connect oil and gas from the afhgan field and areas near the caspian sea right to europe bypassing and thus weaking russias grip on oil and gas control on them (particularly the east of europe) which they can switch off at a moments notice.

do people beleive the latest ruse by obama that syria has chemical weapons? think to iraq.

no fly zone? think to lybia. just media manipulation for control
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our friends, who we fight wars for:

http://mondoweiss.net/2012/08/israeli-settler-if-i-see-her-coming-no-matter-what-age-she-is-3-4-7-ill-fck-her-israeli-soldier-no-problem.html

Americans really need to decide who they are and who their friends and enemies are. If you have no sense of yourself, you'll have no sense of your interests and somebody else will make key decisions for you.

Allowing Israel to drag the United States into another war (Iraq was also Israeli dictated) is #1 sign that Americans don't control American foreign policy as it relates to the Middle East. The army is against it, the intelligence services are against it, the Obama admin is against it but Netanyahu holds the strongest hand. If Israel attacks Iran the Iranians will retaliate. When that happens, the "American" media will do warmongering backflips and fire up the country to defend plucky little Israel. It will come from the left, from the right, up, down, inside, out.

And 80% of the country, after the war is lost, will say "it was for oil". Cause the media will say so.
spanky1off

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree somewhat that Zionist isrealis have SOME leverge in the region. but lets not forget american foreign policy is dictated for th benfit of american interests. history clearly demonstrates this. supporting isreal just furthers this agenda. as does blockading cuba....as did blockading japan of oil before the prelude to world war 2. as did the gulf of tonkin incident that neever happend. as does sweden accusing julian assange of rape even though no charges have been filed and britain never agreed to extradite Pinochet a proven war criminal.
what you read about syria is mostly a myth. couped up in western media.
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but lets not forget american foreign policy is dictated for th benfit of american interests

That is absolutely not true. If you're new, start with Walt and Mearsheimer book. The Israel lobby completely and totally dominates DC's policy towards the Middle East (and Russia, Europe et al). Absolutely nothing gets done that the Lobby doesn't like.

Ari Shavit [2003]:
Quote:
In the course of the past year, a new belief has emerged in the town [DC]: the belief in war against Iraq. That ardent faith was disseminated by a small group of 25 or 30 neoconservatives, almost all of them Jewish, almost all of them intellectuals (a partial list: Richard Perle, Paul Wolfowitz, Douglas Feith, William Kristol, Eliot Abrams, Charles Krauthammer), people who are mutual friends and cultivate one another and are convinced that political ideas are a major driving force of history.

Admiral Thomas Moorer, Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff:
Quote:
�I've never seen a President -- I don't care who he is -- stand up to them [the Israelis]. It just boggles the mind. They always get what they want. The Israelis know what is going on all the time. I got to the point where I wasn't writing any�thing down. If the American people understood what a grip those people have got on our government, they would rise up in arms. Our citizens certainly don't have any idea what goes on.�

Or how about the American ambassador to Israel?:

http://mondoweiss.net/2011/09/us-ambassador-to-israel-says-test-of-every-us-policy-in-middle-east-is-does-it-secure-israel.html

Quote:
American Ambassador to Israel Daniel Shapiro clarified what drives US policies:

�The test of every policy the Administration develops in the Middle East is whether it is consistent with the goal of ensuring Israel�s future as a secure, Jewish, democratic state. That is a commitment that runs as a common thread through our entire government.�

I wonder if the test of every policy the Administration develops in Sweden is whether it is consistent with the goal of ensuring Sweden's future as a secure, Swedish, democratic state.

I can go on and on. The first thing to start doing is noticing the last name of individual war mongers. That alone makes you entirely immune to the propaganda.

And for god sake, stop saying it is about oil. The Chinese got all the damn oil in Iraq.
catman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no fan of the Israel Lobby but the United States was not forced into the Iraq War from Israel. Israel has always been more concerned about Iran than they were Iraq.

You won't find U.S. troops in Syria or in Egypt simply because those countries don't have oil. Iraq, Iran and Saudi Arabia are the 'prizes' most coveted by corporate America.

Saying it was oil alone is too simplistic. It was about power in the Middle East.
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The United States was absolutely pushed into Iraq by the Israeli Lobby. Do you know about the Office of Special Plans? That's where the Mossad fed fake intelligence about WMD's and Niger yellowcake into the Pentagon and directly to Cheney. Karen Kwiatkowski blew the whistle. There is an ocean of information on this. My favourite is:

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/FC31Aa01.html

Quote:
Inter Press Service uncovered the remarks by Philip Zelikow, who is now the executive director of the body set up to investigate the terrorist attacks on the US in September 2001 - the 9/11 commission - in which he suggests a prime motive for the invasion just over one year ago was to eliminate a threat to Israel, a staunch US ally in the Middle East.

Zelikow's casting of the attack on Iraq as one launched to protect Israel appears at odds with the public position of US President George W Bush and his administration, which has never overtly drawn the link between its war on the regime of Saddam and its concern for Israel's security.

The administration has instead insisted it launched the war to liberate the Iraqi people, destroy Iraq's weapons of mass destruction (WMD) and to protect the United States.

Zelikow made his statements about "the unstated threat" during his tenure on a highly knowledgeable and well-connected body known as the President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board (PFIAB), which reports directly to the president. He served on the board between 2001 and 2003.

"Why would Iraq attack America or use nuclear weapons against us? I'll tell you what I think the real threat [is] and actually has been since 1990 - it's the threat against Israel," Zelikow told a crowd at the University of Virginia on September 10, 2002, speaking on a panel of foreign policy experts assessing the impact of September 11 and the future of the war on al-Qaeda.

"And this is the threat that dare not speak its name, because the Europeans don't care deeply about that threat, I will tell you frankly. And the American government doesn't want to lean too hard on it rhetorically, because it is not a popular sell," said Zelikow.

And the "recidivist aunty semite" Pat Buchanan:

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/whose-war/

This book makes most comprehensive case:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Transparent-Cabal-Neoconservative-National/dp/1932528172

Quote:
"Quietly lobbying Congress to approve the use of force in Iraq was one of AIPAC's successes over the past year." AIPAC executive director Howard Kohr
- from The Israel Lobby

http://mondoweiss.net/2011/12/robert-siegel-scolds-kalle-lasn.html

Joe Klein:
Quote:
You want evidence of divided loyalties? How about the �benign domino theory� that so many Jewish neoconservatives talked to me about�off the record, of course�in the runup to the Iraq war, the idea that Israel�s security could be won by taking out Saddam, which would set off a cascade of disaster for Israel�s enemies in the region?

and on, and on. Thomas L Friedman even made my argument.

http://mondoweiss.net/2011/11/golden-oldies-tom-friedman-telling-an-arab-society-to-suck-on-this.html
Quote:

Is the Iraq war the great neoconservative war? It's the war the neoconservatives wanted, Friedman says. It's the war the neoconservatives marketed. Those people had an idea to sell when September 11 came, and they sold it. Oh boy, did they sell it. So this is not a war that the masses demanded. This is a war of an elite. Friedman laughs: I could give you the names of 25 people (all of whom are at this moment within a five-block radius of this office) who, if you had exiled them to a desert island a year and a half ago, the Iraq war would not have happened.

etc. Catch up man.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: