Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't seem to have wireless internet last

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adventurer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Can't seem to have wireless internet last Reply with quote

For some reason, two wireless routers would not work in my apartment.
I have a cable internet comb, and I'm wondering if some single from KT is killing the routers. I'm not sure what's going on. A friend of mine who is a techie was scratching his head and couldn't understand why the routers would work for a bit and then couldn't work properly after that. I'm going to have to call KT tomorrow. Does anyone have some kind of explanation for this?
Underwaterbob

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad wiring in your house? Was it the same router twice, or two different routers? What exactly is happening to the routers: do they burn out, or are they still functioning but you can't pick up the signal?
Adventurer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underwaterbob wrote:
Bad wiring in your house? Was it the same router twice, or two different routers? What exactly is happening to the routers: do they burn out, or are they still functioning but you can't pick up the signal?

It was two different routers. I could no longer see on my computer a wireless connection to connect to. It might not have been reading the modem. It's weird that two routers were problematic when it comes to staying connected with my KT internet. I can connect directly to the internet, but I can't seem to keep wireless and have the routers working consistently.
thurst

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same thing happened to me a few years ago with my korean routers. i never really solved the problem just started running the internet directly to my laptop.
dazzed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like lots of people are having probs with Korean routers. Friend of mine was trying to connect his PS3 to the router and it's completely trash. Stick with US brands. Holds true and works well with good support.
aphase

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KT modems are linked to the MAC address of the first computer that connects to them. Clone your computers MAC address to your router, and it should work. and no i'm not talking about the apple sort of mac. MAC address is a unique number on each network device. That could be your problem.
Underwaterbob

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were the physical connections to your routers still working after the wifi crapped out?

I've been using a Samsung SWW-5400 wireless router for two years now without a hitch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: