Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Taco Dinner Kits spotted at Costco
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wylies99

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Taco Dinner Kits spotted at Costco Reply with quote

Costco now has Old El Paso Taco Dinner Kits. They cost 15,000 and inside the box are three
boxes with: 12 crunchy tacos, 1 Taco seasoning packet, and 1 packet of taco sauce.

http://www.oldelpaso.ie/mexican-food/Original-taco-kit.htm

You supply the rest. Also, Costco has1.2 KG canisters of oatmeal for 15,000 won
Dodge7

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that the price back home? Seems expensive. I've noticed prices creeping up at Costco over the year.
wylies99

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodge7 wrote:
is that the price back home? Seems expensive. I've noticed prices creeping up at Costco over the year.

It's higher at the Korean Costco stores. OTOH, these are the first Taco Dinner Kits I've seen in Korea.
byrddogs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wylies99 wrote:
Dodge7 wrote:

It's higher at the Korean Costco stores. OTOH, these are the first Taco Dinner Kits I've seen in Korea.

You'd better buy as many as you can while they are available. Like every other good thing (ie...white tortilla chips, black beans, etc...) those will most likely soon disappear from the shelves to never be seen again.

On that note, I have no trouble getting those things in Shanghai ever. Yes, they are absurdly priced here as well.
viciousdinosaur

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, 4 times the regular price. What a deal.
wylies99

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viciousdinosaur wrote:
Wow, 4 times the regular price. What a deal.

It's not "4 times the price." You get 3 boxes, (of 12 tacos, taco seasoning, taco sauce) in each larger box.
alongway

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad, except ground beef is through the roof right now.
You should have included the price of that. Last time I was at Costco (a month ago)..I think it was 1800/100g. I remember their loose ground beef coming in just slightly higher per 100g than what their packs of premade patties were being sold at per 100g.
A coupled days ago at Emart it was 2400/100g
byrddogs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alongway wrote:
You should have included the price of that. Last time I was at Costco (a month ago)..I think it was 1800/100g. I remember their loose ground beef coming in just slightly higher per 100g than what their packs of premade patties were being sold at per 100g.

No, he shouldn't have included that in the price. The post is about something completely different. Go to your neighborhood butcher for beef if that cost at discount retailers is too high for you.
kiknkorea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that!
5000 per kit isn't bad.
alongway

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

byrddogs wrote:
alongway wrote:

No, he shouldn't have included that in the price. The post is about something completely different. Go to your neighborhood butcher for beef if that cost at discount retailers is too high for you.

I didn't say he should include it in the price, he should have included the price of ground beef at Costco right now as it's a necessary ingredient to making tacos.

He included the price of oatmeal, oatmeal has nothing to do with tacos. That must really get you upset.

Rolling Eyes
byrddogs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alongway wrote:

I didn't say he should include it in the price, he should have included the price of ground beef at Costco right now as it's a necessary ingredient to making tacos.

He included the price of oatmeal, oatmeal has nothing to do with tacos. That must really get you upset.

Rolling Eyes

Yeah, ok. There was no need to include the price of beef (necessary ingredient for tacos or not). The topic is taco kits, not ground beef.

It doesn't get me anywhere near as upset as an article about Korean men buying skincare products does you, I can assure you, pal.

Rolling Eyes
alongway

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

byrddogs wrote:
alongway wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Yeah, ok. There was no need to include the price of beef (necessary ingredient for tacos or not). The topic is taco kits, not ground beef.

It doesn't get me anywhere near as upset as an article about Korean men buying skincare products does you, I can assure you, pal.

Rolling Eyes

Ground beef is a lot more relevant to taco kits than oatmeal is, and the price of ground beef at costco (or anything) is not something people can easily check. If you're so hard up about what's on topic for the discussion of taco kits, I'll expect your oatmeal rage in 3...2..1...
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it wasn't just about "stuff to make tacos", but rather "stuff I found interesting at Costco"?
OBwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Taco Dinner Kits spotted at Costco Reply with quote

wylies99 wrote:
Costco now has Old El Paso Taco Dinner Kits. They cost 15,000 and inside the box are three
boxes with: 12 crunchy tacos, 1 Taco seasoning packet, and 1 packet of taco sauce.

http://www.oldelpaso.ie/mexican-food/Original-taco-kit.htm

You supply the rest. Also, Costco has1.2 KG canisters of oatmeal for 15,000 won

I used to buy these same kits from Costco from 2006-2007. Then they mysteriously disappeared from the shelves Sad
They were one of my favourite indulgences.
If ground beef is too expensive, try pan-fried chicken breast cut into cubes. Fantastic!
Seoulman69

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about sour cream? Did you see any available at Costco? I quite fancy making some tacos, but would want sour cream and possibly guacamole.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: