Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FYI - FBI Background Check - Get it done ASAP.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cnm17

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ that is correct.
They sent my results back to me by regular mail.

Sorry for the late reply. My internet has been acting up.
jeanie_n

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isitts wrote:
jeanie_n wrote:
I just received an e-mail from Epik stating that you do not need the documents until you pass the interview...

Yes. And it will be best if you have it (the CBC) and all your docs ready before the interview or certainly by the time you find out you were accepted so you can mail everything out ASAP. I'd passed my interview and was penciled to be positioned in Incheon, but I had to wait another 4 weeks for the CBC and consequently got positioned way out in the sticks in the southernmost part of Korea.

I'd try to have that CBC ready at the time of the interview, but with enough time on its six month window to still be valid when your visa is processed in March.

Thanks isitts! I just saw the charge on my card so I think I'll have it back within a week or so. Phew!
Jhan423

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeanie_n wrote:
isitts wrote:
jeanie_n wrote:
I just received an e-mail from Epik stating that you do not need the documents until you pass the interview...

Yes. And it will be best if you have it (the CBC) and all your docs ready before the interview or certainly by the time you find out you were accepted so you can mail everything out ASAP. I'd passed my interview and was penciled to be positioned in Incheon, but I had to wait another 4 weeks for the CBC and consequently got positioned way out in the sticks in the southernmost part of Korea.

I'd try to have that CBC ready at the time of the interview, but with enough time on its six month window to still be valid when your visa is processed in March.

Thanks isitts! I just saw the charge on my card so I think I'll have it back within a week or so. Phew!

Jeanie_n
When did you send your request in? Just wanna compare your timetable with mine. Thanks![/b]
jeanie_n

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhan423,

I sent mine via Priority Mail on 8/14... they received on 8/17.
Los Angeloser

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shsaint wrote:
jamespulis3 wrote:
Yup, older than 6 months and it will not be accepted.

confirmed. I have to get another fbi check. Sad

What if you haven't left S. Korea in 2 years but still have an FBI check a bit older than 6 months?
jeanie_n

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone received their CRC back recently?

I got mine back over the weekend. I am not seeing any type of official seal on it (I did request it when I sent in my forms). Based on pictures that I am seeing it online, people are getting back two pages with a seal on it. Mine looks like a digital signature.
jeanie_n

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kepler wrote:
jeanie_n wrote:

I got mine back over the weekend. I am not seeing any type of official seal on it (I did request it when I sent in my forms). Based on pictures that I am seeing it online, people are getting back two pages with a seal on it. Mine looks like a digital signature.

So it doesn't look like this?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QpWARyikCyk/TZxv8ETAusI/AAAAAAAAAgY/3eXkob52ws0/s1600/cbx2.jpg

You'll have to get a state apostille rather than a federal apostille if yours doesn't have the FBI's seal on it.

No, mine does not look like that Sad. There's no seal and the signature is digital. I clearly stated on the form that I needed it authenticated too! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can no longer obtain a state apostille if the document is issued by a federal entity (such as the CRC).
jeanie_n

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeanie_n wrote:
Kepler wrote:
jeanie_n wrote:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QpWARyikCyk/TZxv8ETAusI/AAAAAAAAAgY/3eXkob52ws0/s1600/cbx2.jpg

You'll have to get a state apostille rather than a federal apostille if yours doesn't have the FBI's seal on it.

No, mine does not look like that Sad. There's no seal and the signature is digital. I clearly stated on the form that I needed it authenticated too! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can no longer obtain a state apostille if the document is issued by a federal entity (such as the CRC).

Problem solved. I just called them - they are no longer doing the embossed stamp, just a digital stamp.

On the side note, I do have a small issue with my name - maybe someone can help me. My middle name is on my CRC but my passport does not have my middle name. I probably won't be using my middle name on my app either. Will this present a problem later down the line? First and last name match exactly as does all the other information on the CRC such as address, social security #, etc.

Thank you!
xihtug

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeanie_n wrote:
jeanie_n wrote:
Kepler wrote:
jeanie_n wrote:

Problem solved. I just called them - they are no longer doing the embossed stamp, just a digital stamp.

On the side note, I do have a small issue with my name - maybe someone can help me. My middle name is on my CRC but my passport does not have my middle name. I probably won't be using my middle name on my app either. Will this present a problem later down the line? First and last name match exactly as does all the other information on the CRC such as address, social security #, etc.

Thank you!

Hey jeanie I've been lurking for awhile on the forum so I figure I could speak up now.

I actually received my CRB a few weeks ago from the FBI with just a signature and no seal. I could have done it at the state level (they even offered to do it while I was getting my degrees apostilled), but that's incredibly shaky and everyone was telling me not to because their immigration might not accept it.

I called the number listed on the CRB and spoke with the FBI's Customer Service Division and they told me that if I mailed it to them that they would emboss a seal on it (it's not digital, not sure about new requests) and mail it back through the same day. The whole process was painless. After I received the correct version back from the FBI, I just mailed it to the State Department. I did this last week, so I'll get the version hopefully by early October!

Then again, I think that they did an emboss now because they had to add it to my already processed CRB. Regardless, I still suggest that it goes to the State Department. Better safe than sorry considering how we still have some time.

I also doubt your problem would matter, but I'm not sure at all.
xihtug

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My signature also appeared to be digital, if memory serves. The FBI did not correct this when I sent it back with a written statement asking for a seal for the apostille so I will assume that this is acceptable. The State Department website just asks for a signature and a seal, not necessarily for a pen signature.

Additionally, mine was only one page. The picture linked might have the apostille sheet on the other side.
xihtug

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel bad for triple posting but this just occurred to me - the picture linked is also old and the sheet does not have the FBI protection (if you try to scan it or copy it, it will be flooded with "UNAUTHORIZED COPY"). The sheet attached might be an additional form proving that it is a legitimate copy from the FBI. Just a guess though..

I'm sure that the 1 sheet you have is fine only because I sent mine back to the FBI and they just added a stamp. The digital signature should be fine, I did a google image search and saw ones without the blue handwritten pen and instead had the black digital ink. Hope this helps.
jeanie_n

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xihtug wrote:
I feel bad for triple posting but this just occurred to me - the picture linked is also old and the sheet does not have the FBI protection (if you try to scan it or copy it, it will be flooded with "UNAUTHORIZED COPY"). The sheet attached might be an additional form proving that it is a legitimate copy from the FBI. Just a guess though..

I'm sure that the 1 sheet you have is fine only because I sent mine back to the FBI and they just added a stamp. The digital signature should be fine, I did a google image search and saw ones without the blue handwritten pen and instead had the black digital ink. Hope this helps.

Thanks xihtug! That helps A LOT! I submitted mine today without a seal after I spoke to the customer service rep at the FBI who assured me that they are no longer providing the embossed seal. Crossing fingers that I get it back with no problems! I'll keep you posted Smile. Good luck!!
xihtug

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeanie_n wrote:
xihtug wrote:

Thanks xihtug! That helps A LOT! I submitted mine today without a seal after I spoke to the customer service rep at the FBI who assured me that they are no longer providing the embossed seal. Crossing fingers that I get it back with no problems! I'll keep you posted Smile. Good luck!!

You're shipping it back to the FBI and then the State Department, right? They were super duper quick with my seal. That's the route I'm doing anyway.

Oh and by the way I think my sheet might have been an ink signature in black ink. I'm still trying to remember. Regardless, I doubt that is an issue since a signature is still a signature. My paychecks are a digital signature and I have no problem banking them anyway, I doubt that ink matters.

My only fear is that the State Department ships it back to me after 4 weeks without an apostille and a note saying that my background check is wrong. I doubt that will happen though, it has a seal and a signature which (after obsessively reading through their short website on this) is all they seem to require on it specifically.
jeanie_n

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I shipped it straight to the Department of State without getting a seal. This was before I saw your posting. I was under the impression that the digital stamp and signature on the paper was enough since that's what the rep told me over the phone. I'll call the Dept of State tomorrow to confirm... now I'm worried =/. I spent $40 to get it overnighted there and back too Sad.
xihtug

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeanie_n wrote:
No, I shipped it straight to the Department of State without getting a seal. This was before I saw your posting. I was under the impression that the digital stamp and signature on the paper was enough since that's what the rep told me over the phone. I'll call the Dept of State tomorrow to confirm... now I'm worried =/. I spent $40 to get it overnighted there and back too Sad.

Sorry for making you worry you might be fine as it is. I don't even know what I'm talking about to be honest. If there was a digital stamp on it, you're probably fine as long as you have the seal and signature.

I would still call to double check but I am sure that if they said that the digital is fine, you're fine. Was it a tiny seal at the top of the letter, or was it near the signing persons name (let me guess, her name was Kimberly J. Del Greco)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 43 of 45

Jump to: