Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FYI - FBI Background Check - Get it done ASAP.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghostrider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're desperate you can always use an apostille service like http://www.usauthentication.com/

I'm sure they know what is needed on the background check to get an apostille.
jeanie_n

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xihtug wrote:
jeanie_n wrote:
No, I shipped it straight to the Department of State without getting a seal. This was before I saw your posting. I was under the impression that the digital stamp and signature on the paper was enough since that's what the rep told me over the phone. I'll call the Dept of State tomorrow to confirm... now I'm worried =/. I spent $40 to get it overnighted there and back too Sad.

Sorry for making you worry you might be fine as it is. I don't even know what I'm talking about to be honest. If there was a digital stamp on it, you're probably fine as long as you have the seal and signature.

I would still call to double check but I am sure that if they said that the digital is fine, you're fine. Was it a tiny seal at the top of the letter, or was it near the signing persons name (let me guess, her name was Kimberly J. Del Greco)?

Yep, that's the name. It was a big seal near the signing person's name. There's also a small seal in the upper left hand corner of the document. Guess we'll wait and see!

Ghostrider, thanks for the suggestion. I may have to use one of those services if this one gets rejected!
Kepler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sidenote for anyone who cares: the FBI just this week started printing out the seal and signature. So, no more crimps."
http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=223342

So you're probably okay.
hogwonguy1979

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wife and I went to Seodaemun police station there, despite the signs saying they do it from 9-6 no one was there, we had one of the cadets call the person, at first they said "lunchee time, come back at 2:30" wife went back at 2:30 no one there, got another person to call, this time the response was "too busy go to Namdaemun" really got my wife hacked off since she actually works 9-6 and had to take off work and wants to get back into teaching.

So the question is, is the Namdaemun station reliable? Anybody else got any recommendations for people in the Itaewon/HBC area?
xihtug

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeanie_n wrote:
xihtug wrote:
jeanie_n wrote:
No, I shipped it straight to the Department of State without getting a seal. This was before I saw your posting. I was under the impression that the digital stamp and signature on the paper was enough since that's what the rep told me over the phone. I'll call the Dept of State tomorrow to confirm... now I'm worried =/. I spent $40 to get it overnighted there and back too Sad.

Sorry for making you worry you might be fine as it is. I don't even know what I'm talking about to be honest. If there was a digital stamp on it, you're probably fine as long as you have the seal and signature.

I would still call to double check but I am sure that if they said that the digital is fine, you're fine. Was it a tiny seal at the top of the letter, or was it near the signing persons name (let me guess, her name was Kimberly J. Del Greco)?

Yep, that's the name. It was a big seal near the signing person's name. There's also a small seal in the upper left hand corner of the document. Guess we'll wait and see!

Ghostrider, thanks for the suggestion. I may have to use one of those services if this one gets rejected!

oh! If you have a big seal next to a signature then you're golden! Sorry for the confusion.
T-J

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So waiting for FBI check to come back and given that inconsistency is the only constant, I thought I'd throw this out there; I'm going to take my FBI check down to the MOE when it comes back before sending it back for an apostille. Figured the worst that can happen is that they tell me I need it.

Best case is that they accept it and I save the last step.

I don't see a down side to trying.

Has anyone else tried? Any success? The last step just seems to be a worthless expense of time and money.

Kepler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-J wrote:

So waiting for FBI check to come back and given that inconsistency is the only constant, I thought I'd throw this out there; I'm going to take my FBI check down to the MOE when it comes back before sending it back for an apostille. Figured the worst that can happen is that they tell me I need it.

Best case is that they accept it and I save the last step.

I don't see a down side to trying.

Has anyone else tried? Any success? The last step just seems to be a worthless expense of time and money.

Do you only need a background check for MOE (Ministry of Education)? MOE may not require an apostille but immigration definitely does.
T-J

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't need a copy for immigration just for the local MOE.
tideout

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Help with State Dept. Apostille Reply with quote

I've done this process 2x's before but it looks like the apostille from the State Dept. is very different from before. I recall a couple of downloadable forms.

So, for you guys who've submitted and received back your State Dept. Apostille on the FBI background check - were you using the web based cerenade service? It's a sort of updating html type page? I don't want to mail in the wrong request form. It says Request for Authentications Service at the top?

If this is it, what a drag compared to the previous process - browser lockups when trying to edit.
xihtug

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with State Dept. Apostille Reply with quote

tideout wrote:
I've done this process 2x's before but it looks like the apostille from the State Dept. is very different from before. I recall a couple of downloadable forms.

So, for you guys who've submitted and received back your State Dept. Apostille on the FBI background check - were you using the web based cerenade service? It's a sort of updating html type page? I don't want to mail in the wrong request form. It says Request for Authentications Service at the top?

If this is it, what a drag compared to the previous process - browser lockups when trying to edit.
xihtug

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with State Dept. Apostille Reply with quote

I tried the web based cerenade and that didn't seem to work. I had to download the client directly from their website and use that. It's the same thing though, when I printed the HTML one out it didn't print correctly.

I didn't receive mine back, yet. So stressful!

tideout wrote:

tideout

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Help with State Dept. Apostille Reply with quote

xihtug wrote:
I tried the web based cerenade and that didn't seem to work. I had to download the client directly from their website and use that. It's the same thing though, when I printed the HTML one out it didn't print correctly.

tideout wrote:

Thanks for responding - much appreciated.

Yeah, I had problems editing anything after it had been entered. It appeared to be browser lock up of some sort. I'll try Internet Explorer this afternoon. The other thing that was weird was until I just tried the "print" function you couldn't seem to see page 3 which has the remaining info on it (or seemed to). Additionally, I had a printing error myself.

Also, are you getting a blotchy printout of the bar code?

A lousy setup on for a web form I must say.
xihtug

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Help with State Dept. Apostille Reply with quote

tideout wrote:
xihtug wrote:

tideout wrote:

Thanks for responding - much appreciated.

Yeah, I had problems editing anything after it had been entered. It appeared to be browser lock up of some sort. I'll try Internet Explorer this afternoon. The other thing that was weird was until I just tried the "print" function you couldn't seem to see page 3 which has the remaining info on it (or seemed to). Additionally, I had a printing error myself.

Also, are you getting a blotchy printout of the bar code?

A lousy setup on for a web form I must say.

I don't remember what it looked like Sad

I'm sure that if you have at least entered your proper information into the form, it should be okay. I'm sure that they constantly get forms that they can't read so they have to manually look at it to apostille you for south korea.
xihtug

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting on the State Department to mail me the check back. I'm so nervous they've had it for 10 business days now, which is their "average" on their site. Unfortunately, the site also mentions that it takes 10 business days from the date of reciept from the mailroom, meaning it could be in the mailroom for awhile.

I wish I could just get it back so I could move on with my life Confused My real fear is that they lost it.
jeanie_n

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xihtug wrote:
Still waiting on the State Department to mail me the check back. I'm so nervous they've had it for 10 business days now, which is their "average" on their site. Unfortunately, the site also mentions that it takes 10 business days from the date of reciept from the mailroom, meaning it could be in the mailroom for awhile.

I wish I could just get it back so I could move on with my life Confused My real fear is that they lost it.

Can you call them to check on the status? I'm still waiting on mine to come back too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 44 of 45

Jump to: