Site Search:
 
TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone else watching the US debate today?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
creeper1



Joined: 30 Jan 2007

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: lost Reply with quote

double post

Last edited by creeper1 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
creeper1



Joined: 30 Jan 2007

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: lost Reply with quote

Kepler wrote:
creeper1 wrote:
Paul Ryan at one time seemed to be a decent politician to me. I thought maybe here was a guy who would be able to cut the deficit in a responsible way.

However!!!!!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUQ-j2sOA7c

The surfacing of the above video means Romney will lose this election for sure. Those comments were nothing short of despicable. To be clear he completely wrote off half Americans as lazy, entitled bums. This is how he talks about Americans to the boys with big money.

He recently admitted that his 47% claim was "completely wrong."

" 'Clearly in a campaign with hundreds if not thousands of speeches and question and answer sessions, now and then you're gonna say something that doesn't come out right,' Romney said in an interview Wednesday night with Fox News' Sean Hannity. 'In this case I said something that's just completely wrong.' "
news.yahoo.com


He is probably only saying that because the video was leaked. The general public weren't meant to hear what he was saying. He was saying this to the boys with money. The potential contributers to his campaign.

We all know that these days politicians do the bidding of their campaign cotributers (Obama included) but the speech Romney was giving to these guys seemed particularly distasteful.

That was the real Mitt Romney you saw talking to those executives behind closed doors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kepler



Joined: 24 Sep 2007

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEpCrcMF5Ps

Obama did much better in the second debate. His relaxed, confident demeanor showed that he knew he had the better hand. Romney was made to look like a total flip-flopper several times. Interestingly, Romney's explanation for supporting the ban on assault weapons in Massachusetts is the same for supporting socialized health care in the same state: that it was a bipartisan effort. Now he's done a 180 on those issues. Romney supported tax cuts for the richest 5% during the Republican primary but now is trying to appeal to undecided voters by only advocating tax cuts for the middle class. He still hasn't explained how he's going to increase military spending by trillions, reduce taxes by trillions, and still reduce the deficit. I don't think cutting public funding Big Bird is going to be enough. A member of the audience expressed her concern that Romney would turn out to be too much like George W. Bush. Obama was able to make Romney look even worse that Bush in his response. At the end, Romney claimed that he supported and cared about 100% of Americans. This was a perfect opportunity for Obama to bring up the 47% statistic. He did so and pointed out that that's not what Romney says behind closed doors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fosterman



Joined: 16 Nov 2011

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stupid is what stupid does.

remember mc cain still got 44% of the votes. that means 44% of the people who voted actually believed he could do a better job than obama.
Mc Cain and Sarah palin!!! LOL ohh my god...

anyway, I just hope Obama has kept the majority of his supporters and new college kids are going to vote democrat make sure he stays in power for another 4 years. because for foreign policy it's really important.
the Chinese and the Russians don't like Mitt Romney.
he really could send America into a tail spin which will effect us all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flakfizer



Joined: 12 Nov 2004
Location: scaling the Cliffs of Insanity with a frayed rope.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fosterman wrote:
stupid is what stupid does.

remember mc cain still got 44% of the votes. that means 44% of the people who voted actually believed he could do a better job than obama.

Why would those idiots possibly think that a man who had served his country in war time, had served 2 full terms in the House and over 3 full terms in the Senate be able to run the US better than a community organizer who had not even completed a full term in the senate?
Oh well, I'm sure those idiots sure feel silly now that they've seen what a great job Obama's been doing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fosterman



Joined: 16 Nov 2011

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flakfizer wrote:
fosterman wrote:
stupid is what stupid does.

remember mc cain still got 44% of the votes. that means 44% of the people who voted actually believed he could do a better job than obama.

Why would those idiots possibly think that a man who had served his country in war time, had served 2 full terms in the House and over 3 full terms in the Senate be able to run the US better than a community organizer who had not even completed a full term in the senate?
Oh well, I'm sure those idiots sure feel silly now that they've seen what a great job Obama's been doing.


Actually Obama was a Senator!
and frankly he has done a great job!
you think The Republicans could of done a better job? when it was the republican who put the economy into the state it was in when Obama took office, NO of course not, because if Mc Cain would of won the free fall would of kept falling and the world would of been a different place today!
sorry.. I know.. Facts hurts.. but them the facts.

anyway, it's doesn't matter, just go back to 1960s until now and listen to the debates from the presidential candidates and you will hear all the same stuff being spoken today. Americans really can't work together. so don't ever expect anything to change in the United states.
it's all a scam for the rulers behind the closed doors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kuros



Joined: 27 Apr 2004

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fosterman wrote:


Actually Obama was a Senator!
and frankly he has done a great job!


Obama has not done a great job.

Here's the 1500 page refutation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
flakfizer



Joined: 12 Nov 2004
Location: scaling the Cliffs of Insanity with a frayed rope.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fosterman wrote:
flakfizer wrote:
fosterman wrote:
stupid is what stupid does.

remember mc cain still got 44% of the votes. that means 44% of the people who voted actually believed he could do a better job than obama.

Why would those idiots possibly think that a man who had served his country in war time, had served 2 full terms in the House and over 3 full terms in the Senate be able to run the US better than a community organizer who had not even completed a full term in the senate?
Oh well, I'm sure those idiots sure feel silly now that they've seen what a great job Obama's been doing.


Actually Obama was a Senator!
and frankly he has done a great job!
you think The Republicans could of done a better job? when it was the republican who put the economy into the state it was in when Obama took office, NO of course not, because if Mc Cain would of won the free fall would of kept falling and the world would of been a different place today!
sorry.. I know.. Facts hurts.. but them the facts.


I said Obama did not complete a term as senator, which he didn't. A senator's term is 6 years. He ran for pres during his one term.
Facts hurt? Please tell me which facts you're alluding to. You listed none.
Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Romney and maybe McCain would not have done any better than Obama, but the idea that only idiots voted for McCain and Obama was the only sane choice is ridiculous.
Please don't complain that "Americans can't really work together" if you're going to call an entire party or people who vote for it idiots.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KimchiNinja



Joined: 01 May 2012
Location: Gangnam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zackback wrote:
These so-called presidential debates are boring. They don't let them go at each other enough.


Exactly, if the outcome is irrelevant (and it is) we at least want to see some blood! Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KimchiNinja



Joined: 01 May 2012
Location: Gangnam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatrickGHBusan wrote:
I am really curious here.


I too am really curious here; why you guys care about all this stuff? It's so ethereal. Even when you are there it's not real, but out here it's double not real.

Do Koreans talk about politics? I never hear it for some reason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fosterman



Joined: 16 Nov 2011

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flakfizer wrote:
fosterman wrote:
flakfizer wrote:
fosterman wrote:
stupid is what stupid does.

remember mc cain still got 44% of the votes. that means 44% of the people who voted actually believed he could do a better job than obama.

Why would those idiots possibly think that a man who had served his country in war time, had served 2 full terms in the House and over 3 full terms in the Senate be able to run the US better than a community organizer who had not even completed a full term in the senate?
Oh well, I'm sure those idiots sure feel silly now that they've seen what a great job Obama's been doing.


Actually Obama was a Senator!
and frankly he has done a great job!
you think The Republicans could of done a better job? when it was the republican who put the economy into the state it was in when Obama took office, NO of course not, because if Mc Cain would of won the free fall would of kept falling and the world would of been a different place today!
sorry.. I know.. Facts hurts.. but them the facts.


I said Obama did not complete a term as senator, which he didn't. A senator's term is 6 years. He ran for pres during his one term.
Facts hurt? Please tell me which facts you're alluding to. You listed none.
Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Romney and maybe McCain would not have done any better than Obama, but the idea that only idiots voted for McCain and Obama was the only sane choice is ridiculous.
Please don't complain that "Americans can't really work together" if you're going to call an entire party or people who vote for it idiots.


seriously! SARAH PALIN! as vice president!? you think sane educated Americans should vote for that ticket?
ok buddy... keep waving the confederate flag.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steelrails



Joined: 12 Mar 2009
Location: Earth, Solar System

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fosterman wrote:
flakfizer wrote:
fosterman wrote:
flakfizer wrote:
fosterman wrote:
stupid is what stupid does.

remember mc cain still got 44% of the votes. that means 44% of the people who voted actually believed he could do a better job than obama.

Why would those idiots possibly think that a man who had served his country in war time, had served 2 full terms in the House and over 3 full terms in the Senate be able to run the US better than a community organizer who had not even completed a full term in the senate?
Oh well, I'm sure those idiots sure feel silly now that they've seen what a great job Obama's been doing.


Actually Obama was a Senator!
and frankly he has done a great job!
you think The Republicans could of done a better job? when it was the republican who put the economy into the state it was in when Obama took office, NO of course not, because if Mc Cain would of won the free fall would of kept falling and the world would of been a different place today!
sorry.. I know.. Facts hurts.. but them the facts.


I said Obama did not complete a term as senator, which he didn't. A senator's term is 6 years. He ran for pres during his one term.
Facts hurt? Please tell me which facts you're alluding to. You listed none.
Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Romney and maybe McCain would not have done any better than Obama, but the idea that only idiots voted for McCain and Obama was the only sane choice is ridiculous.
Please don't complain that "Americans can't really work together" if you're going to call an entire party or people who vote for it idiots.


seriously! SARAH PALIN! as vice president!? you think sane educated Americans should vote for that ticket?
ok buddy... keep waving the confederate flag.


le sigh. I seriously hope you're just trolling, sadly the state of American politics makes me wonder...

And dude, for someone who can't even capitalize sentences and speak in the rational manner of an educated adult, you have no business judging Sarah Palin.

Look, I'm no fan of hers, but you don't gain executive elected office through a bottom up effort of an entire state without having some brains. And certainly more brains than some barely literate English Teacher who has their position solely through an accident of birth and the ability to not fail college.

Seriously, you gotta love the Dave's- "These people are dumber than me" attitude. What makes you so brilliant?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
newb



Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Location: Korea

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People at the state department did not do an optimal job protecting Americans abroad and Obama is not an optimal president.

It appears Obama will be remembered as one term president for failure in his foreign and economic policy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swampfox10mm



Joined: 24 Mar 2011

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If things stand as they are, I see Romney winning the popular vote by at least 5%, and squeaking through a win based on electoral votes.

When it comes down to it, too many liberal voters are not energized. Mitt's side is energized -- a large percentage of conservatives freakin' hate Barack.

Obama's people, not so energized... not enough to get off of their butt and go the polls, anyway. They can laugh, make "biders" jokes and call Romney a rich a-hole, but getting out and voting requires actual work. The reverse happens when things aren't so bad for the country that conservatives feel the need to get out and vote.

Like it or not, a sizable percentage of liberals will simply be too disinterested in changing their daily routine to hit the polls. It's nowhere near 47%, but it's a significant enough percentage that it will mean Obama won't get the same numbers we're seeing in poll results.

Remember... pollsters go ask people their opinion. It's an entirely different situation when you tell people they have to get off of the couch, get in a car, drive to a polling location, and cast a vote.


We've got a workplace full of liberals who have engaged in heated discussions with the few of us voting the other way. As of this date, I've voted, but not a single liberal has bothered to cast an absentee ballot. At least one of them is in a serious swing-state, too. But boy, oh boy, do they hate Mitt Romney. Just not enough to bother to vote for Obama, I guess.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
newb



Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Location: Korea

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swampfox10mm wrote:
Obama's people, not so energized... not enough to get off of their butt and go the polls, anyway. They can laugh, make "biders" jokes and call Romney a rich a-hole, but getting out and voting requires actual work. The reverse happens when things aren't so bad for the country that conservatives feel the need to get out and vote.


In my experience, Democrats get energized and vote only when it concerns their entitlements such as food stamps and welfare checks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2013 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International