Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Luner New Year - Boracay Suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MiXX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Luner New Year - Boracay Suggestions Reply with quote

So I am gonna go to Boracay for the Luner New Year Vaca.

Anyone been and can offer some advice?

Looking to find a cheap hotel accommodations near the nightlife. Not hostels as I will need to be able to have offer night guests.

Anything specific to see or do?

Also how much money should I bring for 4days?
ttompatz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: Luner New Year - Boracay Suggestions Reply with quote

MiXX wrote:
So I am gonna go to Boracay for the Luner New Year Vaca.

Anyone been and can offer some advice?

Looking to find a cheap hotel accommodations near the nightlife. Not hostels as I will need to be able to have offer night guests.

Anything specific to see or do?

Also how much money should I bring for 4days?

no-one has ever been to Boracay. It is a lonely rock, about 7km long and 800 meters wide at the mid-point.

You will need $1000 / day. Wink (girls are expensive toys).

There is NOTHING to do that does not involved either drinking or the water.

Seriously, 260-odd threads about or referring to Boracay here in the travel forum and many of them have decent, practical advice.

If you want to pay me as your travel agent I would be happy to charge a 10% fee and do your homework for you.

Seriously, rates will be about $30-50 per night (breakfast included) for4 low end places during the lunar new year. Your best options are mid beach around boat station 2. Most of the night life is around there as well.

For 4 days you can plan on $200 PLUS air and hotel at that time of year (christmas, easter and lunar new year are the busiest and MOST expensive time to be there). If you plan to add water sports to that then add another $200 to your pocket. If you plan to go lady hunting then add another $200 for the evenings in the disco.

Bring DOLLARS (crisp new $100 bills) and pick up php 5000 at the airport in ICN before you travel (the smallest notes you can get).

If you want the Philippines, at the lunar new year, and cheap then Boracay is NOT the place to be going.

MiXX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im am just looking to enjoy a nice beach, party and meet women for a couple of days. Doesnt have to be cheap, but the cheaper the better.

So it seems 40 per night for room

40x3= 120

Then 20 a day for food

20x4= 80

Then figure 50 a day for entertainment & drinks

50x4= 200

Total = 400

Ill bring 500 to be safe

Saw some flights on Zest for round trip for 280.

Can't wait to go!
Wad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MiXX wrote:

50x4= 200

Unless your a super-stud I would figure in an additional $50-75 a day for entertainment, that is if your considering over night guests. Filipina are the best friends money can buy, but they ain't free.

MiXX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wad wrote:
MiXX wrote:

50x4= 200

Unless your a super-stud I would figure in an additional $50-75 a day for entertainment, that is if your considering over night guests. Filipina are the best friends money can buy, but they ain't free.

Lets just say I have no problem pulling women abroad.

SEA is known to have the "friendliest" women in the world with Filipinas taking the crown.

From what I have read a young good looking, in shape, well dressed guy will have no problem in SEA. So, I am not really concerned with that in the slightest.
Wad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
From what I have read ....

Haha...you have a lot to learn about the Philippines. Wala ng libre sa pilipinas!

MiXX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wad wrote:
Quote:
From what I have read ....

Haha...you have a lot to learn about the Philippines. Wala ng libre sa pilipinas!

Wow. Feel sorry for you guys that struggle in SEA.

Always someone that says the same thing no matter what country / city I go to. Havent been right yet.

I am afraid the reality is if you can't make it in SEA, you can't make it anywhere.

Some advice on a serious note.

The sooner dudes realize their struggles are not a generality the better. Look to improve yourself physically and mentally. The results & experiences after that will speak for themselves.
Savant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say let's leave this modern-day "Casanova" to find his own way through the travel forum. The fresh air would do him some good.
MiXX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the last comment, the fresh air of Boacay will certainly do me a lot of good! Not to mention the ladies Wink

Last edited by MiXX on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yaya

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stayed at Moreno's in Station 3 for 900 pesos a night in July, but that price will be more over high season. Station 3 has the cheapest prices on the beach (if you're willing to stay a bit away from the beach, it's cheaper) and is more quiet.

I usually try to wheel and deal by offering to stay four-plus nights and paying a lump sum with no refund. Just make sure you check out the room first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: