Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to compress using winrar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hogwonguy1979

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: how to compress using winrar Reply with quote

OK I'm a techno idiot here. my wife is sending some huge files via email and she is trying to use winrar to do it. i've opened winrar, found the files i want to archive, clicked on them then clicked on "add" just like a bunch of web sites say to do and got the file name documents.rar

i go to my email. click attach files, find the .rar i want and attach and send it (for a test I used one of my other email addresses) so far no problem, this is when its crazy, i've downloaded the file named documents.rar and besides the files there is this folder just titled "... "(I didnt add this folder) I clicked on it it shows C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp and a zillion files in it

how do I NOT add this folder to what I/she needs to send?

Please help our long marriage may depend on it we nearly killed each other tonight trying to do this. Last thing we need to see in the news is "foreign couple killed each other in Seoul"
thanks
denverdeath

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: how to compress using winrar Reply with quote

hogwonguy1979 wrote:
OK I'm a techno idiot here. my wife is sending some huge files via email and she is trying to use winrar to do it. i've opened winrar, found the files i want to archive, clicked on them then clicked on "add" just like a bunch of web sites say to do and got the file name documents.rar

i go to my email. click attach files, find the .rar i want and attach and send it (for a test I used one of my other email addresses) so far no problem, this is when its crazy, i've downloaded the file named documents.rar and besides the files there is this folder just titled "... "(I didnt add this folder) I clicked on it it shows C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp and a zillion files in it

how do I NOT add this folder to what I/she needs to send?

Please help our long marriage may depend on it we nearly killed each other tonight trying to do this. Last thing we need to see in the news is "foreign couple killed each other in Seoul"
thanks

try to open the same "..." folder on her, or another, computer and see what happens. it's not what's being sent, it's what's on that user's computer. likely the downloads folder of that computer.

just do what you did. if u have multiple rar files that were archived though, u have to send the whole lot - each one separately. if u only had one, easy peasy.
wormholes101

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using email and winrar is unnecessarily complicated and inefficient way to transfer files. Something like "dropbox" is way easier and much better suited to what you are trying to do.

Trust me, spend the 10 minutes setting up your dropbox and you'll thank me for it.

(If you go with this idea, can you use this link - "dropbox" - to sign up? I get extra free space if you do. thanks)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: