Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Western Women w/ Korean Guys: Do You Get Evil Eyes?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dodge7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Western Women w/ Korean Guys: Do You Get Evil Eyes? Reply with quote

Western men with Korean women know exactly what I'm talking about when we go out in public, society (mostly jealous K-men) hates it.
But I've always wondered about Western women and Korean guys. Do the Korean females ever give you evil eyes or show contempt for you two being out as a couple in public? I'd assume you get high fives from the K-guys when they see you, like yeah we got one!
It'd be interesting, but on average I'm assuming it's not as bad as with Western men and Korean women.
Let's see...
Swampfox10mm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's when I grab my wife's butt and stick my tongue in her ear.
missty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... Can't say I have ever noticed. I am particularly oblivious to these kind of things though, as after being here for such a long time I rarely notice staring.

But I've been dating my boyfriend for a year and a half now, and rarely, if ever, do I notice people looking at us.
PRagic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is that my Korean buddies are usually pretty phyched to see a K guy with a W woman. We had a good laugh about the double standard one night.

We were sitting in a pochangmacha tent having a few drinks. In walks a W guy with a hot K woman. The stares and the scowls were everywhere. No joke, then two minutes later a K guy walks in with a hot W woman. All my K buddies were impressed, and even expressed a bit of envy. THAT'S cool!

Funny stuff.
FDNY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=\"PRagic\"]All I know is that my Korean buddies are usually pretty phyched to see a K guy with a W woman. We had a good laugh about the double standard one night.

We were sitting in a pochangmacha tent having a few drinks. In walks a W guy with a hot K woman. The stares and the scowls were everywhere. No joke, then two minutes later a K guy walks in with a hot W woman. All my K buddies were impressed, and even expressed a bit of envy. THAT\'S cool!

Funny stuff.[/quote]

I call foul on that one. \"Hot\" white chick? In Korea?
laynamarya

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. We've been together four years, and I've never seen any glares or heard any rude comments. My husband has assured me that he'll punch anyone who insults me.

He has never gotten high fives from strangers (maybe I'm not hot enough), but his friends and co-workers all have expressed how impressed they are.
PRagic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contrary to popular stereotypes, there are indeed some western hotties over here.
Stan Rogers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't notice these "evil eyes" you speak of. But I really don't care what anyone thinks about me or my family. It doesn't matter and it doesn't mean anything.

These days I find Koreans are far more interested in what the mixed kids look like. And I've yet to see any Korean look angrily at me or my family about it. They usually smile and say something cute to the kids, sometimes in English and sometimes in Korean. It's just curiosity and it's harmless. If I was Korean, I'd be curious too.

Last edited by Stan Rogers on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
young_clinton

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want western women. I would rather have a Korean woman. It doesn't matter to me.
everything-is-everything

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newbie wrote:

Do you honestly believe the crap that comes out of your mouth?

Now, back when I was roaming the streets of Korea I did definitely have experiences like you're alluding to: dirty looks, jealousy, anger, etc. And sometimes, in hindsight now, I would bet most of those stare were curiosity/slight shock rather than anger/jealousy. (but of course, there was still a lot of hating!)

But to be stupid enough to wrap it all up with "K-men are simply jealous freaks..." Are you serious?

And how come in your question there was no mention of the white guys who stare disapprovingly when they see W women and K men? You know they're out there! Probably not many, but they do exist.

So you basically post a full paragraph about your own experience with jealous Korean males and then call someone stupid calling K-men jealous freaks?

WTF?

White guys don't stare disapprovingly over a white girl and Asian guy. It's more like "that's not something you see everyday." More surprise than anything.

Now if I see a hot white girl with a Korean guy over here I assume the girl is Russian. And we all know what that implies.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

everything-is-everything wrote:

So you basically post a full paragraph about your own experience with jealous Korean males and then call someone stupid calling K-men jealous freaks?

WTF?

Absolutely! I'm not going to label all Korean men as "jealous freaks" just because of the dozens or so that gave me grief. What about all the Korean men I knew who didn't care about us? What about the hundreds of Korean men we walked by that didn't even flinch when they saw us? What about the millions who have never seen me with a Korean woman, and so I cannot comment on? Are all these men "jealous freaks"? Yeah, in the moment of having Korean men stare at me I could start to feel like all Korean men were the same. But, taking a deep breath and really thinking about the situation enables me to realize that's an unfair conclusion to draw.

Quote:

White guys don't stare disapprovingly over a white girl and Asian guy. It's more like "that's not something you see everyday." More surprise than anything.

That's debatable, and I can agree in principle to what you're saying. I would agree that perhaps most white men in Korea don't care. But, I also know for a fact that there are white men who do care and are extremely angry to see W woman with K man, or any non W man. If you don't agree to that, well, good on ya. I'm comfortable knowing that you're wrong and I'm right and wouldn't need to try to convince you otherwise.

Last edited by Newbie on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I wonder about Dodge is how he reconciles his bile filled hatred of Koreans, Korean culture, disdain for the language and all that with the fact his WIFE is Korean and his soon to be born CHILD will be half Korean.

Holy crap man, how does she tolerate this incessant vomit inducing ranting against her own country and its people?

I mean this is cartoonish.

I cannot imagine anyone accepting this, also why the heck would anyone date or marry someone from a place-culture they crap all over at every occasion???
Dodge7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan Rogers wrote:
I don't notice these "evil eyes" you speak of. But I really don't care what anyone thinks about me or my family. It doesn't matter and it doesn't mean anything.

These days I find Koreans are far more interested in what the mixed kids look like. And I've yet to see any Korean look angrily at me or my family about it. They usually smile and say something cute to the kids, sometimes in English and sometimes in Korean. It's just curiosity and it's harmless. If I was Korean, I'd be curious too.

Yes, you're right, and I should clarify. Now that I have an adorable (really, she should be a model, anyone know any modeling gigs let me know) mixed daughter I get pleasant stares because they know I may actually love my wife for who she is not like some dirty one-night stand like all these Korean/Western, boyfriend/girlfriend couples look like. My wife and I would always joke when we were out and dating before getting married that guys were looking at us and saying, "Look at the horny foreigner and dirty korean girl are together." We were joking, but that's what it looks like. Even now when I see Western guys with Korean girls who are just dating they look like they both are after just one thing--and it's not to learn English or learn korean culture.
But now I have acceptance when I'm toting around a baby. People are looking over my shoulder trying to get a full view of my baby to see what she looks like. I feel somewhat accepted being in a interracial relationship now. Not accepted into the culture, which I want no part of anyway, but accepted that I'm with a Korean woman BECAUSE I'm married and have a kid.

Last edited by Dodge7 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:28 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatrickGHBusan wrote:
What I wonder about Dodge is how he reconciles his bile filled hatred of Koreans, Korean culture, disdain for the language and all that with the fact his WIFE is Korean and his soon to be born CHILD will be half Korean.

Holy crap man, how does she tolerate this incessant vomit inducing ranting against her own country and its people?

I mean this is cartoonish.

I cannot imagine anyone accepting this, also why the heck would anyone date or marry someone from a place-culture they crap all over at every occasion???

One imagines (hopes!) that his online persona is not reflective of how he really is. Or at the veryleast that he's just venting and tones it down when offline.
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

everything-is-everything

1- Korean men are not jealous freaks. Some are, that is for sure.

2- White males...some do stare and do not like it when they see a white woman with an asian guy. Some...what a hard word to use.

3- Guess what? Some white women also give the evil eye to white guys with asian women!!

What I LOVED in your response was the cute double standard however, that was amusing...

So Korean guys are "jealous freaks" no exceptions or mitigating factors but...

Quote:

Laughing

Christ pure comedy gold...

So K-dudes are freaks, white dudes are just "surprised". Laughing Laughing Laughing

Wait there is MORE!

Quote:
Now if I see a hot white girl with a Korean guy over here I assume the girl is Russian. And we all know what that implies.

So not only are K-dudes "jealous freaks", all the white women who date them are Russian prostitutes?

Man, this is priceless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: