Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FYI - FBI Background Check - Get it done ASAP.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xihtug

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeanie_n wrote:
xihtug wrote:
Still waiting on the State Department to mail me the check back. I'm so nervous they've had it for 10 business days now, which is their "average" on their site. Unfortunately, the site also mentions that it takes 10 business days from the date of reciept from the mailroom, meaning it could be in the mailroom for awhile.

I wish I could just get it back so I could move on with my life Confused My real fear is that they lost it.

Can you call them to check on the status? I'm still waiting on mine to come back too!

I tried calling at lunch and I kept getting a machine that gave a 3 minute recording about their website. I understand that they're busy, but they could have optimized this better. If you can apparently track a pizza online, you think the government would have you tracking important documents much easier.

My only solace is that they at least haven't mailed it back yet which means that there is likely no errors with it. I hope. I'm still obsessing that I forgot to fill in a blank or that I didn't date the check. Who knows. Confused
jeanie_n

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xihtug wrote:

I tried calling at lunch and I kept getting a machine that gave a 3 minute recording about their website. I understand that they're busy, but they could have optimized this better. If you can apparently track a pizza online, you think the government would have you tracking important documents much easier.

My only solace is that they at least haven't mailed it back yet which means that there is likely no errors with it. I hope. I'm still obsessing that I forgot to fill in a blank or that I didn't date the check. Who knows. Confused

You're a worrywart like me! I'm sure you'll be just fine. Are you applying to EPIK?
xihtug

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeanie_n wrote:
xihtug wrote:

You're a worrywart like me! I'm sure you'll be just fine. Are you applying to EPIK?

Yeah I am. I'm super OCD about things sometimes like checking if lights are on, etc. It's only natural that this would also freak me out.

I submitted my documents through my recruiter last week so I should have an interview pretty soon. Hopefully not too soon, I'd feel better if I had my CRC with me by the interview date! Are you doing EPIK/SMOE/GEPIK?
jeanie_n

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xihtug wrote:

Yeah I am. I'm super OCD about things sometimes like checking if lights are on, etc. It's only natural that this would also freak me out.

I submitted my documents through my recruiter last week so I should have an interview pretty soon. Hopefully not too soon, I'd feel better if I had my CRC with me by the interview date! Are you doing EPIK/SMOE/GEPIK?

I applied to EPIK and included the Seoul attachment. I might apply to GEPIK but haven't decided. Don't really want to go through a recruiter. I have my EPIK interview tomorrow though! AHHH!
xihtug

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeanie_n wrote:
xihtug wrote:

I applied to EPIK and included the Seoul attachment. I might apply to GEPIK but haven't decided. Don't really want to go through a recruiter. I have my EPIK interview tomorrow though! AHHH!

Oh wow congratulations! I was too afraid to go through with this solo, I had to choose a recruiter. I'm sure you'll do fine. I passed on trying for Seoul, although of course I would intend on exploring the city anyway during the travels.
DingusKhan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know several people on this forum recommended RushDocs for getting the apostille, but I want to share my experience so far with them. If I'm posting this in the wrong place, moderators please move it.

I placed an order with them to get two copies of my background checks apostilled, and I had the FBI forward the results directly to them. The FBI received my prints on August 20th, and my credit card was charged on September 21st.

I found it strange that it's approaching 3 weeks since getting charged and not hearing any word from RushDocs, so I called the FBI to check the status of my order. The representative told me my results were mailed to RushDocs on September 27th, and they should have received the results before the end of that month.

All attempts to contact RushDocs are futile: he/she does not answer email, and the phone number provided is disconnected. This message is now on their website: "Due to changes in US Department of State policies and procedures, RushDocs has taken the decision to suspend our service offerings. All currently placed orders will be completed. Thank you for your patronage."

I'm not sure when that message was placed, but it was certainly after I made my order with them. Now I am out of the money I sent to both the FBI and RushDocs, as well as not having any fingerprints. I also just saw 6 weeks of my time get wasted, and I have to start the process all over.

RushDocs isn't taking on any new customers based on their website's message, but I strongly encourage everyone to avoid them if they ever decide to get back into business.

Sorry for such a long post, but I needed a place to vent. And you guys understand the frustration of this process as well as anyone.
xihtug

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW that is awful!
Internacular

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if this has been asked already...but I've been planning on sending in a new background check just in case my forthcoming stint of traveling/visiting home lasts longer than I expect it to. Will the new background check invalidate my old background check? Like, if I decide to go down the D10 Visa route instead, but have a new backup background check being processed, will the new background check screw up the D10 Visa process somehow?
DingusKhan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: I wanted to let everyone know the latest with my situation with RushDocs. The owner eventually called me and said he never got my email. He also said that the State Department has changed their procedure, and they won't let him come in person and immediately get the apostille (there is a 3 day turn-around now, hence why he's ceasing service). I haven't seen any indication that this will affect the other apostille services I've seen referenced here, nor noticed any changes on the State Department website.

Anyway, today I did receive my apostilled background checks. They were processed on September 21st, so RushDocs took a little over one month to get it done. The FBI check itself looks different than the one I got a couple of years ago: the signature and seal are just printed on the paper now.

Again, I just wanted to be fair and report that my situation was eventually resolved.
T-J

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FBI received my application on Oct. 2 and the processing fee was charged to my credit card on Nov. 6. So about 5 weeks, seven counting delivery times back and forth.

I'm assuming that means the report is on its way back. I did the prints myself, so was a little antsy, but it appears they were good enough.

I'm going to see if the local MOE will accept it before spending more time and money shipping it back for an apostille. I figure it can't hurt to try.

Will post an update as things progress.
T-J

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Request was processed on November 9 and I received it today in the mail.

Raised seal, but just a stamp no signature.
bucheonleon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want to give everyone a heads up: the US Dept. of State has (as rumored above) changed their apostille process. If you used a service, in the past you could get them same-day, so perhaps a 2-3 day turnaround including shipping. No more. They're now holding them anywhere from 3-6 days before releasing, even if you're using a service.

My visa's about to expire over the weekend, and here I have everything set except the FBI check apostille. (I ordered two FBI checks just in case something like this happened, so I actually do have an FBI check--without an apostille on it. My other FBI check is sitting in DC right now.) Crossing my fingers they'll let me bring them the final piece of paper next week... Hope I don't get screwed by the Dept of State randomly changing their procedures! Sad
young_clinton

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can take your own fingerprints I assume just as long as thier not smeared?
T-J

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did my own. Printed off the sheets on regular A4 and used a standard ink pad from the local stationary shop.
barca2121

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people have said contacting your congressman could get your CRC expedited but I am having some problems. Even after getting my congressman's rep to call on my behalf twice, they told her that they could not expedite the results for loss of potential job. What did your congressmen say to make them expedite the process?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45
Page 45 of 45

Jump to: