Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why would Obama not take the 5 million dollar offer?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zackback

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Why would Obama not take the 5 million dollar offer? Reply with quote

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/trump-offers-obama-5million/2012/10/24/id/461308

Donald Trump has offered $5 million to charity if President Barack Obama releases his college transcript and passport application by Halloween.

The billionaire developer made the announcement in a message beamed on social media on Wednesday afternoon, a day after saying he would be making �a major announcement� that could blow the election wide open.

Trump, who has endorsed Obama�s Republican rival Mitt Romney, said in a two and a half minute direct-to-camera speech posted on YouTube that he would sign the check within an hour of the president releasing the papers �to my satisfaction.�

He said the money would go to a charity that Obama chose himself � �inner city children in Chicago, American Cancer Society, AIDS research, anything he wants.�

Trump started the message saying that he was honored to have gotten Obama to release his long-form birth certificate �or whatever it was,� and said the president could go further to satisfy the public�s thirst for information about their chief executive.

�He�ll be doing a great service to the country if he does this. If he releases these records it will end the question and indeed the anger of many Americans � they�ll know something about their president; their president will become transparent like other presidents.�

Calling it �a deal that I don�t believe he can refuse,� Trump said he hopes he will have to sign the check.

�Frankly, it�s a check that I very much want to write, I absolutely would be the most happy of all if I did in fact make this contribution through the president to these charities.�

He said the president has until 5 p.m. on October 31 � six days before the election � to release the papers for the deal to be good

The Obama campaign had no immediate comment on Trump's video.
Savant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give $1 to the WouldDonaldTrumpShutTheF***UpAlready Charity.
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't give in... because I honestly believe he'll never be satisfied.

It's far too similar to feeding an online troll - with near matching hair!
visitorq

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donald Trump is an idiot.

Having said that, it's already well-know that Obama's birth certificate (as released by the whitehouse.gov webpage) was completely fabricated. I know because I also downloaded it myself, opened it in Adobe Photoshop and could plainly see that it was a ridiculous, complete fake. That it was digitally altered and edited (containing several layers, some of which were copied and pasted from other areas, and had pitch-black text with kerning, and a standalone homogeneous background under-layer, even though was supposed to be a scanned image) was so blatant that it was like a sick joke. In fact, I had no reason to even doubt Obama was lying about the issue (nor did I see it as a serious issue) until I saw that birth certificate. It was just... wow.
JustinC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can do a lot more for the country if he doesn't get dragged down to that self-promoting, ridiculous-looking, repulsive twit of a sub-species human being.
wishfullthinkng

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know how he's being a complete child who's trying to cause trouble? because if he wasn't he'd just give 5 million to a charity without trying to stir the pot.

however, we're talking about a guy who once tried to sue a journalist because the journalist "slandered" him by saying he was a mere multi-millionaire when he swears he's a billionaire.
ajosshi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savant wrote:
I'll give $1 to the WouldDonaldTrumpShutTheF***UpAlready Charity.

+ $1
rambler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visitorq wrote:
Donald Trump is an idiot.

Having said that, it's already well-know that Obama's birth certificate (as released by the whitehouse.gov webpage) was completely fabricated. I know because I also downloaded it myself, opened it in Adobe Photoshop and could plainly see that it was a ridiculous, complete fake.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Unibrow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why won't Obama release the birth certificiate? Is he evn a real american? I dont know what to believe anymore.
visitorq

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unibrow wrote:
Why won't Obama release the birth certificiate? Is he evn a real american? I dont know what to believe anymore.

You can download the long form birth certificate from the whitehouse.gov website here.

You can then open it up in Adobe Illustrator and open up the layers palette to see that it is not a scan at all, but a complete fake that was digitally cut and pasted together (this is the original document released by the White House itself). Note the pitch-black text that is digitally overlaid (it is NOT ink). Note the kerning in the digitally altered text (impossible to have on typewriters). Note the uniform background that is a completely separate layer from the text (you can toggle it on and off in the layers palette).

It's right there for anybody to download and see for themselves. It takes 3 minutes. The long form birth certificate is a ridiculously shoddy fake.
lithium

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustinC wrote:
He can do a lot more for the country if he doesn't get dragged down to that self-promoting, ridiculous-looking, repulsive twit of a sub-species human being.

I think you mean "to."
Steelrails

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I liked and disliked about W. Bush. He wouldn't be ashamed to admit he got Cs in school and goofed around for a couple semesters before shaping up.
Kuros

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelrails wrote:
This is what I liked and disliked about W. Bush. He wouldn't be ashamed to admit he got Cs in school and goofed around for a couple semesters before shaping up.

When you're a scion of the elite, its not affirmative action.

But if you're black . . .
sirius black

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were to advise Obama. I'd tell him not to. First a myriad of reasons.
1. what has his grades got to do with the election?
2. He's the President. Don't answer to an individual. You answer to the nation, the 100% who elected you. You owe Trump NOTHING.
3. Its a terrible precedent making yourself and the office answerable to any person, especially the monied elite.
4. It legitimizes Trump. Trump has already been made look foolish and ignoring him will make sure he continues to look stupid. The only thing were to do if I were Obama is at a later date, AFTER the election make one of those stinging jokes about it. Possibly at next years correspondane dinner.

As for Obama's birth certificate. The very fact that no legitimate member of the opposition is touching it tells you about it. Its real. People have to get over it. If it isn't, its the biggest joke played on us and worth a laugh.
visitorq

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirius black wrote:
As for Obama's birth certificate. The very fact that no legitimate member of the opposition is touching it tells you about it. Its real. People have to get over it. If it isn't, its the biggest joke played on us and worth a laugh.

How do you know it's real? Sounds like nothing but wishful thinking on your part. Obviously you haven't actually taken the time to really look into it in any detail or confirm it on your own.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: