Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Places For A Kiss?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcmo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Good Places For A Kiss? Reply with quote

Haha this is somewhat of a strange question but I feel uncomfortable asking it to any of my Korean co-workers/friends and I don't feel that my foreigner friends would give me sufficient answers. There is this Korean girl that I met a couple months ago in order to do a language exchange and things have progressed to where she is definitely interested in me, I just need to make the move.

However, therein lies the problem. I know how Koreans are about kissing in public and she doesn't want to come to my apartment just yet so we need to have the kiss somewhere, but where? There are always people EVERYWHERE, so where can we go to where it would be a good private place for a kiss? A noraebang? That's the only place I can really think off, or a DVD room I guess.........
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're really serious about this girl, then go all out. Buy two tickets to gay Paris, take her up to the top of the Eiffel Tower and kiss her there.

Well, you asked. Besides, if she turns out to be 'the one', you will have one hell of a story to tell people.
Savant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your location? If in Seoul, then Han River Park at night? Or Namsan Tower.

DVD room? Let's just say that the room is not used solely for watching DVDs. If she won't go to your apartment I doubt she wants to go to a DVD room.
Unibrow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried a motel? They are private and discreet.
newb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unibrow wrote:

+1
alongway

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most Koreans are not into public affection. A few younger ones are, but even a lot of younger ones will do little more than hug/hold hands in public. It's definitely not something you want to try without getting it in writing first.

Try a room/booth cafe. Different than a DVD room which can have some negative connotations to some people, the room/booth cafes tend to be more like Private booths with a little door. They often come with a little computer or whatever, you can hang out and make your move in privacy.

Check the cafe ahead of time though as some room cafes are more like DVD rooms than booth style.
JustinC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Places For A Kiss? Reply with quote

kcmo wrote:
Haha this is somewhat of a strange question but I feel uncomfortable asking it to any of my Korean co-workers/friends and I don't feel that my foreigner friends would give me sufficient answers. There is this Korean girl that I met a couple months ago in order to do a language exchange and things have progressed to where she is definitely interested in me, I just need to make the move.

However, therein lies the problem. I know how Koreans are about kissing in public and she doesn't want to come to my apartment just yet so we need to have the kiss somewhere, but where? There are always people EVERYWHERE, so where can we go to where it would be a good private place for a kiss? A noraebang? That's the only place I can really think off, or a DVD room I guess.........

Ha ha! That's rubbish. You can find thousands of quiet places if you leave Itaewon. Jeez...
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find a quiet corner in a park and if things are going smoothly then lean in and hope for the best. Don't do motels or DVD rooms...they have obvious implications for Korean women - it took me a while to figure out the DVD room thing. Embarassed
byrddogs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zyzyfer wrote:
Find a quiet corner in a park and if things are going smoothly then lean in and hope for the best. Don't do motels or DVD rooms...they have obvious implications for Korean women - it took me a while to figure out the DVD room thing. Embarassed

Parks are good. I got my first little kissy on with my ex-gf in Olympic Park sitting on a bench overlooking the water at sunset. Other than the random ajumma walking the paths there was no one else around.

Yeah, don't do motels, DVD bangs, etc.
everything-is-everything

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Places For A Kiss? Reply with quote

kcmo wrote:
Haha this is somewhat of a strange question but I feel uncomfortable asking it to any of my Korean co-workers/friends and I don't feel that my foreigner friends would give me sufficient answers. There is this Korean girl that I met a couple months ago in order to do a language exchange a..... .

Language exchange a.k.a. a place for dudes with no game to pick up chicks

newb wrote:
Unibrow wrote:

+1

The dude hasn't even kissed her yet and you're suggesting to take her straight to a hotel Laughing

Anyways, the park idea is probably the best for getting that first kiss. Or just anywhere where you are sitting comfortably beside each other.

And for heavens sake when you final do kiss here at least put your hand on her hip to show her you're not a total pansy.
hiamnotcool

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Places For A Kiss? Reply with quote

[quote="everything-is-everything"]
kcmo wrote:
Haha this is somewhat of a strange question but I feel uncomfortable asking it to any of my Korean co-workers/friends and I don't feel that my foreigner friends would give me sufficient answers. There is this Korean girl that I met a couple months ago in order to do a language exchange a..... .

Language exchange a.k.a. a place for dudes with no game to pick up chicks

newb wrote:
Unibrow wrote:

+1

Korea a.k.a. a place for dudes with no game to pick up chicks.
byrddogs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Places For A Kiss? Reply with quote

hiamnotcool wrote:

Korea a.k.a. a place for dudes with no game to pick up chicks.

Dave's, a.k.a a place where dudes most likely with no game attempt to clown on others about picking up chicks.
northway

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bring her to a HOF with private booths. Inhibitions gone, privacy guaranteed.
litebear

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVD room or Soju room if she likes to drink.

The missus and I used to go on 'subway dates' where we would get off at deserted subway stops and kiss behind a pillar till the next train arrived Laughing Feels funny writing it out now! Embarassed Razz
lemak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The public crappers in Tapkol Park?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: