Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Severaly disrupted lives because of the CBC
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zackback

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Severaly disrupted lives because of the CBC Reply with quote

Say you hooked up with a Korean gal many years back and decided to get hitched. You were thinking that you two could just live happily ever after here in K-Land. You thought you got your beauty and a job. Set for life. But along comes the new CBC rule and you have a little blemish going years back that obliterates your hopes and dreams here of what you once thought was a pretty good life.

What has become of people like the above? If they have nothing to go to back home where would they take their Korean spouse to live and work?
thebearofbundang

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are lots of jobs for F6/F5 visa holders that don't require CRC's.. MOE likely cares less about minor offenses than immigration anyways, so even if they needed to submit one for their job (not their visa) it most likely wouldn't be a problem.
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Severaly disrupted lives because of the CBC Reply with quote

Zackback wrote:
Say you hooked up with a Korean gal many years back and decided to get hitched. You were thinking that you two could just live happily ever after here in K-Land. You thought you got your beauty and a job. Set for life. But along comes the new CBC rule and you have a little blemish going years back that obliterates your hopes and dreams here of what you once thought was a pretty good life.

What has become of people like the above? If they have nothing to go to back home where would they take their Korean spouse to live and work?

If you married a Korean girl, then you have an F visa, so you don't have to worry about that, and if it's a non-drug related blemish and not a felony such as something related to alcohol and old, you may have a decent chance if you've already been here before, but the recruiters won't want to deal with you, so you'll possibly have problems. I have never heard of someone who was married who had to leave because of a misdemeanor.
creeper1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

double post

Last edited by creeper1 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
creeper1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: lol Reply with quote

Laughing This question was definitively answered pretty quickly.

SO the question is - has anyone married a Korean women as a way of getting around the visa laws?
rchristo10

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Severaly disrupted lives because of the CBC Reply with quote

Zackback wrote:

Sounds awful similar to a friend. Awefully similar. Wink
r122925

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: lol Reply with quote

creeper1 wrote:

SO the question is - has anyone married a Korean women as a way of getting around the visa laws?

I don't think this works (anymore) due to recent immigration policy changes. Since August of this year they now ask for a CBC when you apply for the F6 visa. I don't know if they are as strict with regards to minor crimes as they are for the E2, but you do have to submit it as part of the F6 visa application process now regardless of your job.

But have people done it in the past? I don't think it's widespread by any means but I've certainly heard a few stories over the years.
seoulsucker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: lol Reply with quote

r122925 wrote:
creeper1 wrote:

I don't think this works (anymore) due to recent immigration policy changes. Since August of this year they now ask for a CBC when you apply for the F6 visa. I don't know if they are as strict with regards to minor crimes as they are for the E2, but you do have to submit it as part of the F6 visa application process now regardless of your job.

But have people done it in the past? I don't think it's widespread by any means but I've certainly heard a few stories over the years.

Strange...I switched from an F2 to an F6 in September of this year and didn't have to submit anything.
Lazio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: lol Reply with quote

r122925 wrote:

CBC is required for the F-5 visa (permanent residency) application since August but not for F-6 (spousal visa)
r122925

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: lol Reply with quote

seoulsucker wrote:

Strange...I switched from an F2 to an F6 in September of this year and didn't have to submit anything.

Were you on an E-2 before? Had you submitted a CBC in the past? If so, I'm assuming that's why.

Lazio wrote:

CBC is required for the F-5 visa (permanent residency) application since August but not for F-6 (spousal visa)

This is not what I've heard, and I have a close friend who ran into this stumbling block recently (applying at Korean conulate in USA). He was told this is the new policy and it caused his application to be delayed. Of course the immigration website is out of date as usual and getting a clear answer out of immigration officers is not always easy.
decibalsrising

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If one has been currently on an F2 before this year and needs to renew soon after the changes..do they require an CBC?
Stan Rogers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do Koreans who apply for permanent residency in another country have to supply a CBC?
r122925

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan Rogers wrote:
Do Koreans who apply for permanent residency in another country have to supply a CBC?

That depends on the policy of the country in question, but in many cases yes they do.
Stan Rogers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP you mispelled severely in the title.

This is an English teacher's message board and your grammar should be correct.
thebearofbundang

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

My wife had to submit a criminal record check from every country she had spent more than 3 months since she's been over the age of 16 (for her it was 3 countries). Also required was a medical check, financial disclosure, a letter detailing her plans for living in Canada, evidence of our marriage (photo's, joint bank accounts, plane tickets, child's birth certificate, marriage certificates, bills etc.) We had to do 2 interviews (one together and one separate) and about 60 pages of applications.

As her sponsor I was also required to provide my work history over the past 5 years, a CRC, and finances/tax returns and much more..

My wife must also live in Canada for at least 70% (?) of each year. Her PR is good for 5 years and took between 10-14 months to process.

I got my F visa in 5 minutes here in Korea..I had to submit our marriage certificate. There was no interview..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: