Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GREAT gyms
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
supernova101

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brought a TRX kit with me and I hook it over my apartment door.

I don't know if it'll be good enough for men who want to be super buff, but works well for me (female) in terms of losing fat and putting on muscle.
For cardio - I run along the road or take the stairs and voila you have a treadmill and stair climber! Tho it is rather cold now to be running outdoors - my throat gets all dry.
I think gyms are rather expensive here for what you get.
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy using the TRX for back stuff, but I tried to do push ups with it the others... not comfortable. Might have to give it another go though some time.
Kimchifart

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

highstreet wrote:
cdninkorea: How much do you pay per month at SAP?

My gym is like that, incline bench and leg press are back to back. But people just pull the bench out to get a spot, nobody cares. The trainers do it as well.

I never understood why people care what other people are doing at the gym. If it's bothering you directly, I understand, but if some guy is sitting around texting, why does that bother you?

You're kind of misunderstanding it...

E.g. you want to use a bench to do some dumbbell work, but there's a guy sitting on it chatting to his mates and looking at his phone. Another classic is using the squat rack for curls, this drives me insane. Another great one is throwing the dumbbells all over the floor instead of putting them back on the rack. Another great one...I could go on.
highstreet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimchifart wrote:
highstreet wrote:
cdninkorea: How much do you pay per month at SAP?

My gym is like that, incline bench and leg press are back to back. But people just pull the bench out to get a spot, nobody cares. The trainers do it as well.

I never understood why people care what other people are doing at the gym. If it's bothering you directly, I understand, but if some guy is sitting around texting, why does that bother you?

You're kind of misunderstanding it...

E.g. you want to use a bench to do some dumbbell work, but there's a guy sitting on it chatting to his mates and looking at his phone. Another classic is using the squat rack for curls, this drives me insane. Another great one is throwing the dumbbells all over the floor instead of putting them back on the rack. Another great one...I could go on.

False.

You misunderstood what I said.

Leg day, guy doing curls on the bench press = doesn't bother me.

Chest day, guy doing crunches on the bench press = does bother me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: