Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The word 'liberal'...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unposter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus,

At least you admit it is politics and not the reality of the situation. To that, I will agree with you.
visitorq

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unposter wrote:
VisitorQ,

1. Your attitudes about Obama's birth certificate is about all I need to know about your positions. You are conspiracy junky at best and a paranoid at worst. Yes, the whole world is being manipulated but you are the only one who knows the truth - are you Glenn Beck by chance?

I see. You can't provide any kind of a rebuttal, so you resort to cheap strawman arguments and cliche'd ad hominems? Tells me about all I need to know about you. (That and the fact that you actually resonate with Jill Stein's message)...

Quote:
2. "All of his promises made along the way were broken (as predicted by people like myself since day one)." - VisitorQ.

Yes, it is all about you and making sure your predictions come true.

It just so happens that my predictions (which weren't really mine, although I subscribed to them) did come true. I know, that must really grind at your gut. If only you hadn't allowed yourself to be duped, then you wouldn't have to double down all on all the lies you've swallowed over the past 4 years just to make yourself feel better.

As for your dismissive attitude, it just shows you're not up to the task of debating. But go ahead and stick your head in the sand if it makes you feel better...
Unposter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VisitorQ,

Re-read your post. What am I supposed to argue about? Your post is filled with your opinions - often about subjective, singular experiences such as your viewing of an episode of Larry King.

Again, I think you take yourself and your interpretation of the truth far too seriously - just my opinion.

Unposter wrote:
Kuros,

I agree with the principle that Obama's housing policy has been poor. I have even compared it to trickle down economics (in a discussion with VisitorQ).

Yeah, I recall that you didn't really understand what "trickle down economics" even means... Seeing as the whole notion is absurd.

Quote:
Even Jill Stein, who according to that website, I have the most agreement with, it is still only 83%. I just don't think it is possible to agree with any one candidate 100% of the time. So, any effort to dissuade me with single issues isn't going to work.

Jill Stein? Seriously? I watched her on the Larry King debate and it was just embarrassing... I've never heard so much nonsense spouted in a debate before; about 90% of what came out of her mouth was ludicrous to the point of being laughable. If she were ever put in charge, the whole country would collapse within 3 weeks...

But hey, that's just my opinion

Quote:
Now, VisitorQ can insult me and say that I am gullible. But, I know very well what Obama's warts are. I also have a pretty good idea what Romney's and Gary Johnson's warts are. I also know what there positives are. And I, personally, make a global decision weighing the entire package.

When I say you are gullible, it's really not intended as an insult (sorry if you feel that way), I just can't put it otherwise. Your entire understanding of the political process is gullible. You are being fed a contrived narrative, and you're buying into it hook, line, and sinker. Your behavior is actually entirely predictable, and people in charge of campaigns tailor their messages to elicit precisely the sorts of reactions that you give.

Quote:
Obama is treated terribly unfairly.

Yeah, poor, poor Obama. He was taken from total obscurity and placed into the top political position by the power elite and gave them trillions in dollars of bailouts. All of his promises made along the way were broken (as predicted by people like myself since day one). Yet, he's the "victim". What a joke.
Kuros

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unposter wrote:
Kuros,

I agree with the principle that Obama's housing policy has been poor. I have even compared it to trickle down economics (in a discussion with VisitorQ).

But, I am not a single-issue voter.

Housing is much more than a single issue. The Housing Crisis, together and inextricably bound up with the Finance Crisis, wrecked our economy. Fixing the Housing Crisis would mean fixing the economy. Don't take my word for it, take that of former Obama administration adviser Larry Summers.

In October of last year, Larry Summers gave a limited admission that he had mishandled the Housing Crisis.

Quote:
The continuing weakness of the housing sector is a major source of risk for major U.S. financial institutions raising significantly the costs of the loans they offer.

In retrospect it obviously would have been better if financial institutions and those involved in regulating them�especially the FHFA�recognized that house prices can go down as well as up; if more rigor had been applied in providing credit; if the GSEs had been more careful in monitoring those originating and servicing loans; and if all those involved had been more vigilant about fraudulent behavior.

The question now is what should be done to address the housing market, given the drag it represents on the national economy.

Geithner gave the banks a free hand, and now Federal prosecutors have brought suit against Bank of America for defrauding GSEs Fannie and Freddie of $1 billion. The Obama administration's housing failures only worsened the situation, allowing the housing market to drag the economy down further. Over a million homeowners have been bounced out of HAMP, Obama's loan modification program. Why? Geithner designed it primarily to spread out the pain to banks on foreclosures. As a result, TBTF banks dual tracked their loan modifications; banks would set up a loan modification even as they referred the homeowner to foreclosure. Even today, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau continues to permit this practice.

On his major economic challenge, Obama has failed. Its not a single issue, and it represents, along with the bailouts, the dominant manner in which Obama's administration has interacted with the Financial Crisis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: