Site Search:
 
TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korea Specific Craft Beer- IN BOTTLES

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hoost



Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Location: Seoul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Korea Specific Craft Beer- IN BOTTLES Reply with quote

My dad is a total craft beer guy... we basically live near the Russian River Brewery which in my opinion has some of the best craft beers in America. Pliny the Elder, anyone??

Anyway, I will be going home for winter this year and my dad requested that I bring him back some Korean Craft Beers...

Does anyone know if there is such a thing? Basically beers that cannot be found at BevMo or something in the USA. I was thinking places like Magpie Brewing, Big Rock, or Craftwerks... but I don't know if they sell their beers in bottles... does anyone know if they do?

Any information would be delightful. Thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jdog2050



Joined: 17 Dec 2006

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: Korea Specific Craft Beer- IN BOTTLES Reply with quote

Hoost wrote:
My dad is a total craft beer guy... we basically live near the Russian River Brewery which in my opinion has some of the best craft beers in America. Pliny the Elder, anyone??

Anyway, I will be going home for winter this year and my dad requested that I bring him back some Korean Craft Beers...

Does anyone know if there is such a thing? Basically beers that cannot be found at BevMo or something in the USA. I was thinking places like Magpie Brewing, Big Rock, or Craftwerks... but I don't know if they sell their beers in bottles... does anyone know if they do?

Any information would be delightful. Thanks.


Hey there,

I'm Jason from Magpie. Yes, we do sell our beer in 1 liter take out bottles. Craftworks does as well. That said, they are not factory-filled bottles so we don't make any guarantee about freshness *at the moment*--we recommend drinking within a week. I think the same basically goes for Craftworks but they have an on-tap filling system so their beer can be drunk within a month I believe (I could be wrong).

Also, Big Rock is Canadian so I think you might be able to find their beer in the States.

P.s.
If you take some to your dad, but sure to let us know what he thinks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hoost



Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Location: Seoul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the really quick info! I'd like to visit Magpie and check out your stock.

Jason, my Dad also expressed Korea specific beer souvenirs like beersteins, mugs, etc. Does Magpie sell anything or do you have any ideas on this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jdog2050



Joined: 17 Dec 2006

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoost wrote:
Thanks for the really quick info! I'd like to visit Magpie and check out your stock.

Jason, my Dad also expressed Korea specific beer souvenirs like beersteins, mugs, etc. Does Magpie sell anything or do you have any ideas on this?


Nah, although I'm sure we could give you one of our posters if you tell the staff that night it's for your dad.

Craftworks has glasses and shirts though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kardisa



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Location: Masan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boyfriend and I bought a set of the glasses from Craftworks, and I highly recommend them. Each glass is shaped and has artwork for a specific beer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darkjedidave



Joined: 19 Aug 2009
Location: Shanghai/Seoul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I able to bring my own growlers and fill up?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jdog2050



Joined: 17 Dec 2006

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkjedidave wrote:
Am I able to bring my own growlers and fill up?


You could...just be aware that neither we (Magpie) nor Craftworks have the ability to fill them properly. Craftworks has a bottle-filler specifically made for PET bottles, not glass growlers. Therefore, Magpie or Craftworks can fill the bottle, but the shelf life will not be very long because it will just be from the draft tap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2013 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International