Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gary Johnson - Libertarian for President - 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wrote:
I don't think Korea has the second amendment.

I don't think the election matters much. The big decisions have been made. Unless the TV'S go dark there is zero chance yata Will be marching to the south with his bb gun. There will not be a revolution bc of an election.

You seem to have your geography mixed up.

Should Obama win, and I think he will, there is a very good chance there will be civil unrest. Should the popular vote and the electoral vote diverge, like in 2000, the odds of civil unrest go way up.

From where I come from, I would be marching west, not south.

(I still think the media and the polling companies are playing games to heist the attention. Obama will win with a comfortable margin...probably.)
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I did my part: I voted for him on Thursday. Probably one of maybe 100 who will vote for him in DC.
Titus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What should we infer from the fact that the third party debates had to be hosted on Russian TV?
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Unless the TV'S go dark there is zero chance yata Will be marching to the south with his bb gun. There will not be a revolution bc of an election.

I quite agree that we are not yet at a revolutionary stage. I do however think we are at a pre-revolutionary stage.

You cannot have one of the parties commit treason (total obstruction and debt ceiling, anyone?) and have no consequences. The world ain't like that.

"There will not be a revolution bc of an election."

Um, have you considered reading about the Election of 1860? Perhaps you should read (and pay attention to what you are reading) before you spout off about current affairs.

This time around, when the Southern Conservative Racial Elitists make their play for dominance, I suspect it will be in a new environment. They will make use of the rise of China as an existential crisis (much like they exaggerated the threat of Soviet Communism to stir up their base; followed by their fear of Islam recently) to stir up their racial insecurities.

Fear of the Other is a powerful political tool. It can win, but it isn't very healthy...You may want to consult a history of Europe during the 1930's.

Prediction: Should Romney win Tuesday, we will see a return of Godwin's Law to the internet. It disappeared during Obama's administration because it is and always was a crass self-serving meme.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: