Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone work at LCI Gangnam? how is it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RS085

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Anyone work at LCI Gangnam? how is it? Reply with quote

I have an interview with LCI Gangnam later today and was wondering if anyone could help me out with this particular school? anyone work there?

What is their reputation?

Thank you!
mnjetter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which LCI Gangnam? There are three that I know of within walking distance of Gangnam Station, and Gangnam-gu is a huge area.
RS085

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea. Wasn't aware there are three.

I thought I was having a phone interview tonight but apparently not. Should be this week though.
mnjetter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LCI is a huge company with many different types of schools. There are kindergartens, elementary/middle school hagwons, combinations of both of the above, hagwons for adults and high schoolers, transfer schools for college students, and a number of other things.

There's one on the next floor down of the building where I work. The people going in and out seem generally content, but of course, all I get is an outsider perspective from riding the elevator in silence with them. I also interviewed at a kindergarten of theirs a couple blocks away, and was sorely tempted by the job I was offered there, but I turned it down in favor of my current one.

In general, they seem pretty par for the course. Just don't accept a job at the LIA (a subsidiary of LCI, I believe) in Wangshimni.
RS085

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mnjetter wrote:
LCI is a huge company with many different types of schools. There are kindergartens, elementary/middle school hagwons, combinations of both of the above, hagwons for adults and high schoolers, transfer schools for college students, and a number of other things.

Yeah I know all this. My brothers out there on his second stint at a POLY school in Bucheon, and have a few friends that have worked for LCI. Its a franchise.

It all really depends on your director, but in this case, I have no idea which of the three it is. Any feedback from anyone who has worked at them helps though.
mnjetter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mnjetter wrote:
In general, they seem pretty par for the course. Just don't accept a job at the LIA (a subsidiary of LCI, I believe) in Wangshimni.

Oops, I was conflating YBM (which owns LIA) with LCI. Both big companies, but I don't think they're the same one. My bad. Embarassed
RS085

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that interview never happened because apparently someone took it (I never got a call).

However, I just received this e-mail from the recruiter:

"Hello,

This is Tei. Actually, the position we've tried to go is on the market again. Hope you remember the position below. Are you willing to go for it again? Please confirm me ASAP. Talk to you soon. Smile I know it starts before Christmas, but this is a good one for you to go with. Thank you! Smile"

Great location, but kinda fishy that it was gone and now back on the market. Sounds like someone might have not liked what they heard about it. Not sure.
thrylos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you seriously trust any recruiter that uses smileys in their business correspondence? Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: