Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flights to Bangkok

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Triple007

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Flights to Bangkok Reply with quote

Hi All,

I was wondering what airlines I should check out for cheap flights to Bangkok. (What airline email lists to subscribe to, and what not.) Departure date/Return date is not important. I am just looking for places that give deals from Seoul (ICN or GIMPO) to Bangkok.

Thanks!
young_clinton

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gimpo airport doesn't serve Thailand. I think it only serves Japan and China. As far as getting the cheapest airline, generally you take whatever is cheapest for the date that you want to fly on. Your choices for airlines are pretty much Korean Air, Asiana, Thai Airlines, Airasia. For good Airline agents in Seoul to a search on Dave's.
lemak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want them all.....

thai, korean, vietnam, eva air, china air, china southern, china eastern, jin air, t-way, jeju air, orient thai, air asia, philippine airlines, cathay, businessair, eastar jet, hawaiian airlines, delta, air canada, ethiopian airlines, kenya airways, u airlines, maybe vladivostok airlines.

I'd personally stick to Thai or Cathay.
The Taiwanese ones China Air and EVA are nice, but at least when I was flying them they had either long stopovers or super early departure times. Possibly has changed since then (2004) however.
They have some very good deals at times. Sometimes also China Southern can have cheaper Business Class tickets than the others have in economy. Just play around on their websites with dates and such.
young_clinton

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lemak wrote:

thai, korean, vietnam, eva air, china air, china southern, china eastern, jin air, t-way, jeju air, orient thai, air asia, philippine airlines, cathay, businessair, eastar jet, hawaiian airlines, delta, air canada, ethiopian airlines, kenya airways, u airlines, maybe vladivostok airlines.

Yes but those won't all be direct flights to Bangkok, and that means higher fares. So unless somebody for some reason wants to take say.....Hawaiian Airlines to go to Bangkok......... Korean Air, Thai, Asiana and Airasia are going to be the most budget airlines.
lemak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

young_clinton wrote:
lemak wrote:

Yes but those won't all be direct flights to Bangkok, and that means higher fares. So unless somebody for some reason wants to take say.....Hawaiian Airlines to go to Bangkok......... Korean Air, Thai, Asiana and Airasia are going to be the most budget airlines.

The flights with stopovers or transits in places such as Taipei, HGK, Guangzhou etc. often *are* the cheapest. Due to abysmal vacation time Koreans are notorious for only sticking to the direct flights, hence bumping the prices up. China Airways has traditionally always been one of the cheapest on the ICN~BKK route, and if you mean out of the way flights like, say Delta never have any deals that's also not always true. Some of the cheapest deals I've ever gotten have been random out of the way airlines. Pakistan Airways flying Singapore to Jakarta, Kuwait Airlines flying Bangkok to Manila. I even flew a domestic flight from New York to Anchorage on China Air once many years ago for virtually small change.

Sure the Hawaiian one is random (although it is direct....departs Incheon at 8pm and arrives BKK at 11.56pm same day), but if he/she wants to shop around there's the available options. Didn't bother to include those with out of the way stopover points like Singapore, KL or CGK though.
Personally I'm happy to pay a few bucks extra and do Thai or Cathay.
mikesaidyes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going for Christmas.. 12/22-12/30.

Korean Air often has "Super Saver" sales on their website (select Korea as your residence, English page -- look on the left margin under Book International Tickets. I caught mine in October and after taxes and fuel surcharge (the fuel charge alone was 150,000) it was 800,000 KRW.

The cheapest was like China Southern at like 650-700,000 KRW, but the layover was anywhere from 3-10 hours in each direction.

Mind you, this is also peak Korean vacation period AND peak peak PEAK season in Thailand. Also, I'll pay a little more for a nonstop, better flight service and the air miles.

You can catch Air Asia for cheap, but it's one of those buy it the minute you see it fares because often they will be gone when you check a day or two later.
qwunk89

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jin air, korean air's budget airline, offers the cheapest direct flights that i know of. also, jeju air offers fairly cheap direct flights as well
ed1980

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.skyscanner.net
fezmond

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got to go over for a wedding in June down in Koh Samui.

Been checking the budget airlines here and so far nothing has returned a result. JinAir and Busan Air keep returning 0 results - there are no flights available for your dates. Flights from Seoul to Bangkok only leave on MTWThFSaSu....

Could it be that 7 months away is too early for the budget airlines? I already booked the Bangkok to Samui flights though and the only other options so far are damn expensive flights on expedia/skyscanner etc.
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fezmond wrote:
I've got to go over for a wedding in June down in Koh Samui.

Been checking the budget airlines here and so far nothing has returned a result. JinAir and Busan Air keep returning 0 results - there are no flights available for your dates. Flights from Seoul to Bangkok only leave on MTWThFSaSu....

Could it be that 7 months away is too early for the budget airlines? I already booked the Bangkok to Samui flights though and the only other options so far are damn expensive flights on expedia/skyscanner etc.

Yeah, no reason to look now, way too early.
FDNY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just booked to Bangkok for the end of February using Jeju Air. 229,000KRW return. Pretty hard to beat that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: