Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! deleted dictionary database for Galaxy S2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Help! deleted dictionary database for Galaxy S2 Reply with quote

I (accidentally) formatted the internal SD card on my galaxy S2. I had most stuff backed up, but the factory installed dictionary no longer works, I get a message saying:

Unable to access dictionary database. This database can be downloaded at www.samsungmobile.com

After a bit of searching I found the files at this link:

http://www.samsung.com/sec/support/model/SHW-M250LLKLC-downloads

(under the software tab). Problem is, downloading the files to the phone doesn't do anything. There's no APK file to install, or anything like that. Can someone check their S2 and find the file path for the database, or does someone know what to do? I tried fixing this with backup from Kies, but no luck there.

I would just go to Samsung service but I'm out of Korea for a while, and I need this dictionary. Hope someone can help Wink
john110375

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's the samsung dictionary a factory reset should reinstall the files. Try that Smile
wishfullthinkng

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a similar problem with my old s2. i upgraded the os and it nuked the dictionary. i had to go to a kt store to have it fixed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had briefly thought of a factory reset, I've got a feeling I'd forget to back something up and I'd have another problem Embarassed

I have the database file, just don't know where to save it. The website has a zip file with the data, but no instructions on how to set it up. Maybe a shop can help, hope so; thanks for that tip.
se7en214

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I had the same problem and what you need to do is copy the folder "Samsungdic" to the phone directory.

http://blog.daum.net/chunguer/15817472
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: