Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E2 visa transfer question about wait time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruunie641

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: E2 visa transfer question about wait time Reply with quote

Hi,

so I quit my current job and got a new one but it doesn't start until Dec 17 and my last day at work is Nov 29. My new boss wants to take my LOR, ARC card, and passport and apply for the transfer at Suwon immigration because I live an hour and a half away from Suwon.

My question is how long does it take to transfer my E2- visa to a new employer? Do they do they change the employers name on the spot? Do they need to take my passport away? I'm asking all this because I will be leaving to Malaysia on Dec 5 for eight days and am worried that immigration will take my passport away to process the transfer

I heard that it should only take a day to change the employers name on my visa in my passport and ARC. I'm so confused and worried I might not be able to go on this trip.

Last edited by ruunie641 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Otherside

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The transfer is done while you wait. Usually takes about 5-10minutes (and 4 hours waiting in the queue...)
tanklor1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends.

Whenever I've gone to immigration with a new employer it was done on the spot. But I did transfer my visa by myself one time and they held my passport and ARC card for a couple of weeks to confirm everything.
ruunie641

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So would it be ok for me to book my vacation to Malaysia and not worry about immigration taking my passport for transferring my E-2 visa to my new employer?

I'm not going to be applying for the transfer my employer will be I believe. I just want to be able to get my passport back the same day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: