Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One month solo vacation
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Chance wrote:
No_hite_pls wrote:
John Stamos jr. wrote:
You make around $150,000 a year, but you're looking for a $25/night hut to stay in, KimchiNinja? Alright...

I agreed. My wife and I only make little more than half of what you do and we would rarely spend only $25 a night for a place. You must have some extreme saving goals. We usually travel 3 to 4 weeks a year and budget about 75 a night for accommodations. We still save a decent amount even with our spending habits.

He stated his exact salary on another thread as being over 12,000 US a month...and wants advice on backpacker huts... Laughing

Dear Dave, why do you care what I like to do? People you don't know do things different than you do, and since you don't know them, you wouldn't know anything about that, since you don't know them. Make sense?

You didn't ask, but for your information oh grand know-it-all; it's not about savings. It's about adventure. Huts and motos are fun for me, and I do what is fun for me. If Hyatt is fun for you then why don't you go do that, Dave.

Yes, my salary is $154,080,000 won/year using today's FX rate, who cares? Why does it matter? Are you jealous? Would you like to see a pay stub so you guys can move on in life and get over it? Very Happy

How much do you want to bet? Put up or shut up time.
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yaya wrote:
I recommend Nha Trang. You can be by the beach for rooms as low as 11 bucks a night plus nightlife. Prices are really low there.

The mood there is relaxed and there is a growing expat community there. Check out Guava, a bar and grill there with great and cheap food.

Thanks. That's come up in my research. But I also hear other people saying stuff about crime / annoying sales guys / scams. I don't want some chump trying to sell me a hooker every time I come back from the beach to grab some dinner!!! Anyhow it's hard to know since people have different experiences and places change over time.

Also heard about a place called Hoi An, which might be more my thing. Described as being chill, charming, good food.

Pho Quoc still sounds amazing, but I've heard people saying it is a "garbage dump", literally. Like trash washes up on the beach. And that there is zero nightlife there.
Dave Chance

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KimchiNinja wrote:
Dave Chance wrote:
No_hite_pls wrote:
John Stamos jr. wrote:
You make around $150,000 a year, but you're looking for a $25/night hut to stay in, KimchiNinja? Alright...

I agreed. My wife and I only make little more than half of what you do and we would rarely spend only $25 a night for a place. You must have some extreme saving goals. We usually travel 3 to 4 weeks a year and budget about 75 a night for accommodations. We still save a decent amount even with our spending habits.

He stated his exact salary on another thread as being over 12,000 US a month...and wants advice on backpacker huts... Laughing

Dear Dave, why do you care what I like to do? People you don't know do things different than you do, and since you don't know them, you wouldn't know anything about that, since you don't know them. Make sense?

You didn't ask, but for your information oh grand know-it-all; it's not about savings. It's about adventure. Huts and motos are fun for me, and I do what is fun for me. If Hyatt is fun for you then why don't you go do that, Dave.

Yes, my salary is $154,080,000 won/year using today's FX rate
How much do you want to bet? Put up or shut up time.

Dude, you do need a vacation. Posting on this site ain't worth losing all your marbles.
fezmond

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KimchiNinja wrote:
Yaya wrote:
I recommend Nha Trang. You can be by the beach for rooms as low as 11 bucks a night plus nightlife. Prices are really low there.

The mood there is relaxed and there is a growing expat community there. Check out Guava, a bar and grill there with great and cheap food.

Thanks. That's come up in my research. But I also hear other people saying stuff about crime / annoying sales guys / scams. I don't want some chump trying to sell me a hooker every time I come back from the beach to grab some dinner!!! Anyhow it's hard to know since people have different experiences and places change over time.

Also heard about a place called Hoi An, which might be more my thing. Described as being chill, charming, good food.

Pho Quoc still sounds amazing, but I've heard people saying it is a "garbage dump", literally. Like trash washes up on the beach. And that there is zero nightlife there.

Hoi An is very nice, as far as I remember, there were some laws or provisions preventing it becoming overdeveloped. Food wasn't anything special compared to the rest of Vietnam but it has some nice sights, is a nice town and you have all the tailors there making whatever you need.

Nha Trang was awesome. Don't worry about scams etc. There are a million and one scams going on in that country and you will be ripped off at some point. Just use common sense. I don't ever remember seeing a hooker in Vietnam or Laos. Cambodia and Thailand, all over the place but never in the other two.

Hue is also nice. Lots of history and the DMZ trips are worth a vist - Khe Sanh, the tunnels etc
Yaya

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also look for direct flights to Nha Trang from Incheon. They were supposed to have started in July last year but I haven't found them (or they involve going to Ho Chi Minh first, which ain't direct).

Lots of RUDE Russian tourists go to Nha Trang who refuse to speak English and give the locals a hard time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: