Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

End of contract & leaving Korea- Must I turn in ARC?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArgentineDreams

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: End of contract & leaving Korea- Must I turn in ARC? Reply with quote

Ok so my contract ends in December and my ARC a month after that. I will be leaving Korea for good at the end of December. However, I want to leave the option of coming back for work, or just to visit as a tourist.

Do I have to turn in my actual ARC card when I leave though??

Basically I just wanted to keep it, and I figured I can just tell immigration I am leaving for good when I do leave. If they asked, I would give them a photocopy of it, and just tell them I lost it.

Thanks.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: End of contract & leaving Korea- Must I turn in ARC? Reply with quote

ArgentineDreams wrote:
Ok so my contract ends in December and my ARC a month after that. I will be leaving Korea for good at the end of December. However, I want to leave the option of coming back for work, or just to visit as a tourist.

Do I have to turn in my actual ARC card when I leave though??

Basically I just wanted to keep it, and I figured I can just tell immigration I am leaving for good when I do leave. If they asked, I would give them a photocopy of it, and just tell them I lost it.

Thanks.

If you tell them you are leaving for good they will ask for it back or charge you 100k for not returning it.

If you have time remaining and tell them you are returning before it expires they will let you keep it.

By keeping it however you do complicate things if you plan to return prior to its expiry.

Daelim

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"lose" the one you have and get a replacement from immigration is about the only safe way you can have a keepsake of your time in Korea Smile
ttompatz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daelim wrote:
"lose" the one you have and get a replacement from immigration is about the only safe way you can have a keepsake of your time in Korea Smile

That works too... and a replacement is only 10k.

bluethree

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: End of contract & leaving Korea- Must I turn in ARC? Reply with quote

ttompatz wrote:

By keeping it however you do complicate things if you plan to return prior to its expiry.

yeah, i took a short trip to hong kong after my work ended (but before my arc expired) and the immigration officer at Incheon actually gave me a bit of grief about it. She did end up letting me keep the ARC but I was surprised it was even an issue.
john110375

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Daelim"]"lose" the one you have and get a replacement from immigration is about the only safe way you can have a keepsake of your time in Korea Smile[/quote]

I wish I'd thought of that. I wanted to keep mine as a souvenir Sad
jonpurdy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kept mine as a souvenir since they gave it back to me after I left. I had about a month left on the E2 so maybe that's why.
ArgentineDreams

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good idea Daelim

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: