Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anybody have any idea how long it takes...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ranman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Anybody have any idea how long it takes... Reply with quote

...mail to get to Korea? I accepted a public school position and sent my documents. Just getting impatient :/
FaceFaceFace

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody have any idea how long it takes... Reply with quote

Ranman wrote:
...mail to get to Korea? I accepted a public school position and sent my documents. Just getting impatient :/

Depends who you sent them with, where you sent them from and if you have a tracking number??

After they get delivered it's up to the school!
ttompatz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody have any idea how long it takes... Reply with quote

Ranman wrote:

Assuming you are sending it from your home country then typically:

Regular mail = 7-15 days
EMS = 4-7 working days
Fedex/DHL/UPS/etc. = 3-5 working days (in spite of what they may claim otherwise)

How long will the documents sit on someone's desk varies depending on whether it went directly to the school or via a recruiter (add 2-21 days).

AFTER they march the documents down to immigration it will take 4-10 working days to issue the visa confirmation number (this time of year you won't likely be getting a NOA) and send it back to you.

Ranman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody have any idea how long it takes... Reply with quote

FaceFaceFace wrote:
Ranman wrote:

Depends who you sent them with, where you sent them from and if you have a tracking number??

Well I sent them on November 8th, and it says that they left the sort facility on November 12th. I sent it via USPS and it says that international letters aren't tracked, so I just wanted a guesstimate on when they arrived there.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody have any idea how long it takes... Reply with quote

Ranman wrote:
FaceFaceFace wrote:
Ranman wrote:

Well I sent them on November 8th, and it says that they left the sort facility on November 12th. I sent it via USPS and it says that international letters aren't tracked, so I just wanted a guesstimate on when they arrived there.

Sent via regular mail = they should land on your recruiters desk sometime this week.

Ranman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My recruiter wrote me back this week saying he still hadn't received them. I'm quite not sure what to do because I sent them via First Class International and there's no tracking once it leaves the country, though I do have delivery confirmation on it, so I should receive notice once he gets them.

I don't know what the deal is.
tremault

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can just offer my support.
I hope you get it sorted soon, I hate waiting around for crappy postal services.

I can tell you that post can be very quick. I received a package that was supposedly sent by SAL, in 4 days. that was from Japan.
so really, it could get there very quick. quicker than the estimate they give you. or it could get lost and never get there. WORST CASE SCENARIO. but don't fret too much. all you have to do is look inside your heart and have faith in yourself and your path. you'll get there.
YTMND

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't know what the deal is.

Look for the nearest forest. When the goods arrive, I will send one helicopter to the northeast wind entrance. Be ready, and don't let anyone see you. Your password is ZsdfkldfjFibonacciseriesCalcuttaBluesStephenHawkingdfs34-123migrate then 3 spaces and engage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: