Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pics of Apostille Background Check/ Degree

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nile19

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Pics of Apostille Background Check/ Degree Reply with quote

I am looking for examples of what these documents look like to make sure everything has been done correctly for me... can anyone provide any pictures of their documents? Or is there any other good examples pictures out there?
ttompatz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is legit then you have no worry. There is no "standard" form and immigration has seen all the various versions from all the various states that issue them.

It is hard to forge one since there are 52 different forms/stamps/stickers/watermarks from the US alone then add 5 more from the other foreign services in the other 5 countries THEN add the notary seals and variances.

A simple google will give you about 173,000 images to work from.

If not (legit), then you are rolling the dice and if you are discovered you are looking at serious jail time for your trouble (document forgery and visa fraud). You'd be better off at the tables in Macau.

nile19

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just getting stressed making sure everything is in order and done properly I suppose. I'm not trying to get away with anything whatsoever and no jail time is awaiting me, I just don't want to get to the airport and then be missing one stamp here or there or something, but thanks for the help though, I feel slightly less stressed about it all
tremault

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only tell you my experience.
I was worried that my documents would not be ok, but i got confirmation today and my documents are on their way to me.
my CBC was an official document and my solicitor simply signed, stamped and sealed it. that is basically his signature, the stamp of his address, and the seal which is a star type thing with an embossed mark on it.
the degree certificate was copied, he firmly attached a letter to it stating it was a true copy and he put a seal over the ribbon attaching the papers together so it is impossible to remove it. then he signed and stamped just the same.
if yours is like this then it should be just fine.

Last edited by tremault on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:20 am; edited 2 times in total
tremault

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops,

I need to hastily correct myself.
my CBC was NOT notarised properly.
they returned a notification with it saying it is not notarised properly and needs to be sorted out before they legalise it.

I believe it needs to have on it the 'type of certification'.
I'm going there today to tell him to do his job properly and I'll also ask him to cover my postage costs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: