Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

canadian embassy e2 stuff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldschoolskater

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: canadian embassy e2 stuff Reply with quote

went today and they notarized my crim check but said they dont notarize degrees...wtf???
where do I get a canadian degree notarized?
timhorton

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell us what country you are in first.
Skippy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also don't think the Canadian embassy actually notarizes documents. I thought they did a authentication or statutory declaration. I think Ican see the what is happening, since the CRC is a government document, they can say it is one/authenticate. Since university degrees are not government documents they can not actually authenticate.

Please for the love of God. Please put down the pad or smart phone and write a nice proper question. Details are important if you want help. Capitals letters and some grammar structure would help, too.
Oldschoolskater

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in seoul. Need to get my e2 visa so all the usual documents...I am Canadian, went to the embassy today and they only notarize crim checks...so what do I do about the degree

Posted from iPhone especially for skippy the bush wankaroo
Skippy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldschoolskater wrote:
I am in seoul. Need to get my e2 visa so all the usual documents...I am Canadian, went to the embassy today and they only notarize crim checks...so what do I do about the degree.

Well, I would check out what is needed to do to get it verified by a Korean Consulate in Canada. Check the webpage for the consulate for your area/province. Most are the dame, with some minor difference. To get a good idea on what to do use the requirements from the Vancouver consulate as a guideline. The others are a bit vague on the details.

http://can-vancouver.mofat.go.kr/english/am/can-vancouver/visa/university/index.jsp

You will likely have to send your degree to someone your trust at home (family, friend) who can get to a lawyer or Notary for you. Maybe you can send directly to a Notary. From there it needs to be sent to the proper Korean Consulate or walked in by previous trusted person. One possible hiccup is that the consulate may require a sealed transcript. It is not supposed to be required anymore, but may be asked for.

It could get done in a week or two, but you will need to spend the money on express delivery and that. Plus having a good friend who is willing to do the leg work.

Oldschoolskater wrote:

Posted from iPhone especially for skippy the bush wankaroo

Bastard! And it is Skippy the Evil Twin, not some over grown rodent.

ungrateful skater rat. didn't I at least help.
s.tickbeat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need transcripts. The embassy cannot, and will not, legalize your degree without fresh, sealed uni transcripts.
Oldschoolskater

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your help...even you skippy Laughing
Next question is, Does anyone have a lead on the companies that do this service for you...Thanks

posted from a reasonably good laptop
Skippy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldschoolskater wrote:
Thanks for all your help...even you skippy Laughing
Next question is, Does anyone have a lead on the companies that do this service for you...Thanks

posted from a reasonably good laptop

I quickly glanced at Reliability Screenings and saw nothing for just degree verification, never mind they are pretty expensive.

Why not do a yellow pages search around the Korean consulate (your area). Find a notary or lawyer that will handle the work for you. Which area are you? Give them a Skype call or email. They might charge you extra for the leg work.

1. mail them your degree (plus sealed transcript).
2. they copy and notarize
3. they go to Korean Consulate and get degree verified.
4. they ship back to you.

Wow your present question looks much better. Have you also considered trying the embassy again. Maybe you got a defunct official.
Oldschoolskater

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.tickbeat wrote:
You need transcripts. The embassy cannot, and will not, legalize your degree without fresh, sealed uni transcripts.

but will they do it here in Korea with the transcripts?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: