Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question Regarding CRC / Apostille (NEWB HERE)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seahawkt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Question Regarding CRC / Apostille (NEWB HERE) Reply with quote

Hello all,

I have been reading various posts but have been unable to find an answer. I am new to this forum. I plan to submit a CRC with sealed fingerprints to the FBI. First Question: how do I request that they authenticate the document

Second Question: what is the recommended route for getting my degree, CRC, and transcripts authenticated by an apostille?

Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks in advance everyone!
globusmonkey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to include a cover letter/note stating something like the following:

"Please have the CRC authenticated by Department personnel for apostille by the U.S. Department of State."

They do this regularly, so it shouldn't be a big deal. And as long as you have everything that's listed on their website in the package you send them (form, payment, authentication notice), everything should go smoothly. Good luck!

Last edited by globusmonkey on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
globusmonkey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Question Regarding CRC / Apostille (NEWB HERE) Reply with quote

seahawkt wrote:

Second Question: what is the recommended route for getting my degree, CRC, and transcripts authenticated by an apostille?

Your degree needs to be apostilled at the state level, so you have to follow the guidelines for the state that you received your diploma in.

CRC will need apostille from Dept of State at the federal level. This can be done in two ways: You can send it yourself (from my understanding it can take several weeks), or you can use an apostille service. For a fee, the service will expedite and you get it back much more quickly (I've used US Legalization twice, once in US and once from Korea and not had problems. Google search for more options.). There are specifics you need to do for each step, so research before sending.

Transcripts do not need apostille. It's a good idea to request a few copies of official and unofficial, just in case you need them, since they're usually cheap.

Also, try not to cry too much when the Bears beat the Seahawks this weekend... Laughing
seahawkt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the comments. Im glad to hear things are looking up as this process has been long and grueling so far.
globusmonkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to scare you or belittle whatever effort you have expended up to now, but if you think getting the initial paperwork together is grueling and long you might want to fully prepare yourself for what teaching Korean elementary school students will be like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: