Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kakaotalk for iPad?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richardjw84

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Kakaotalk for iPad? Reply with quote

I'm sure I've seen people using it but I can only find the kakaotalk app for iPhone in my app store.

Does anyone know how to get it? I use the UK app store if that makes a difference.
denverdeath

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.kakao.com/talk/en/faq

says it works fine on ipad/touch there.

"You can use Kakao Talk on an iPad/iPod Touch. Install the application and enter a phone number which you can receive the SMS verification code on. You can use the same KakaoTalk service on your iPad/iPod Touch once the SMS verification process is successfully completed."

that's assuming u have a number to receive the verification code text.
Underwaterbob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That and if the phone number you use for the verification is already being used for Kakaotalk, you can't do it. At least I couldn't. I tried to install it on my wifi-only Android tablet, and when verifying I got a message saying that in order to use Kakaotalk on the tablet, I would have to uninstall it from my iPhone. Bah.
Richardjw84

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underwaterbob wrote:
That and if the phone number you use for the verification is already being used for Kakaotalk, you can't do it. At least I couldn't. I tried to install it on my wifi-only Android tablet, and when verifying I got a message saying that in order to use Kakaotalk on the tablet, I would have to uninstall it from my iPhone. Bah.

Sorry yes that's what I was getting at, I wasn't very clear in my OP at all. Anyone have any ideas how you can do this? Kakao seem to be saying it's possible.
denverdeath

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, but dont have an answer for ur last question. would recommend going to kakaotalk support for that.
dazzed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine has 3G ipad that uses Kakaotalk on it. He uses the iphone version. Don't think there is Ipad version out there.

PS. He's korean
Underwaterbob

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem (I think) here is that Kakaotalk can only be used once per phone number. The OP is trying to find a way to use it on two different devices, but only has the one phone number. I don't think it's possible.
Richardjw84

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underwaterbob wrote:
The problem (I think) here is that Kakaotalk can only be used once per phone number. The OP is trying to find a way to use it on two different devices, but only has the one phone number. I don't think it's possible.

Yep that's the problem. As you say, maybe it's just not possible.
dazzed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is correct. when I tried to install kakaotalk onto my ipad, it states other device will be disabling the kakaotalk.

As Underwaterbob stated, it's not possible. I could see why they won't allow it. It would overload there servers sending out multiple messages and notifications for one number but multiple devices.
Tux

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underwaterbob wrote:

Underwaterbob, does this program work okay on your android tablet? If so, what kind of tablet do you have? We are trying to decide whether to buy to a nexus 7 or not.

Cheers
Underwaterbob

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got it working on my tablet because I didn't want to uninstall it from my phone.
chotaerang

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just need to download the iPhone version onto the iPad and sign up using the cell phone number of someone who is not yet using a smartphone.
fosterman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or you could just google, kakaotalk for pc
nick70100

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chotaerang wrote:
You just need to download the iPhone version onto the iPad and sign up using the cell phone number of someone who is not yet using a smartphone.

Yes, this will work as long as you have a non-kakao using friend who's willing to let you use their number... but then you end up with two separate accounts, with separate contact lists, messages, etc, and I can't think of any reason why that would be useful. It would be great if you could use the same account on more than one device, but it seems that it's not possible. I can't fathom why the programmers chose to design it this way. It's like having an email account that's locked to one specific computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: