Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First set of CBC fingerprints rejected, help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leonardlee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: First set of CBC fingerprints rejected, help! Reply with quote

I should have not been so excited with what the mailman brought to me today. I received the letter from the FBI stating my first set of prints were rejected. I really thought sending in 6 sets would have been enough. I got my prints done at the police station where I live in Los Angeles, and unfortunately, it seemed like the sweet lady who took my prints was you could say, a "volunteer worker." I had a quick couple questions, thank you and please bear with me.

1) The first FBI officer told me that I would have to resend my fingerprints with a whole new application, and the second FBI officer I called (due to my wanting to make sure) told me that I would not have to send in another application if this was my first fingerprint resubmission.

2) Due to the ambiguity of skill of the fingerprinters at my police station in Los Angeles, would it safer to go to an actual private fingerprinting business? I found one online near my house, she said she has been printing for 20 years and that she was a guarantee. She told me that she does prints for CBC's all the time, but I can't tell who to trust anymore. My patience is dwindling.

3) Do prints have to be done by the police? The reason I am asking is because the FBI's fingerprint card stock has a section for "Signature of Official Taking Fingerprints." Do they mean official as in someone who works for the police?

4) Does resubmission mean I would have to wait another 4-6 weeks as if I started the application again or do I have a little headstart because I am just resubmitting?

Thank you guys! I just really want to make sure I don't get this kind of news again Evil or Very Mad
T-J

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did my prints myself.

Just left the spot blank on the form for officer taking prints.

UncleAlex

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applying for a teaching position in Korea is a pain in the arse. That's why I left the peninsula and headed to China instead of back home when my E2 visa expired before I could land a new job. Have the xenophobic officials asked you to have your passports notarized yet? Wink
isitts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: First set of CBC fingerprints rejected, help! Reply with quote

leonardlee wrote:
I should have not been so excited with what the mailman brought to me today. I received the letter from the FBI stating my first set of prints were rejected. I really thought sending in 6 sets would have been enough. I got my prints done at the police station where I live in Los Angeles, and unfortunately, it seemed like the sweet lady who took my prints was you could say, a "volunteer worker." I had a quick couple questions, thank you and please bear with me.�

1) The first FBI officer told me that I would have to resend my fingerprints with a whole new application, and the second FBI officer I called (due to my wanting to make sure) told me that I would not have to send in another application if this was my first fingerprint resubmission.�

2) Due to the ambiguity of skill of the fingerprinters at my police station in Los Angeles, would it safer to go to an actual private fingerprinting business? I found one online near my house, she said she has been printing for 20 years and that she was a guarantee. She told me that she does prints for CBC's all the time, but I can't tell who to trust anymore. My patience is dwindling.

3) Do prints have to be done by the police? The reason I am asking is because the FBI's fingerprint card stock has a section for "Signature of Official Taking Fingerprints." Do they mean official as in someone who works for the police?�

4) Does resubmission mean I would have to wait another 4-6 weeks as if I started the application again or do I have a little headstart because I am just resubmitting?�

Thank you guys! I just really want to make sure I don't get this kind of news again �Evil or Very Mad

1. and 4. � You should have gotten some form along with your notice of rejection that you send with your resubmitted prints so you won't get charged twice. But yes, along with that form, you do send new prints and new application and wait another 4-6 weeks.�

2. � Sure. Try them. Or just get someone competent to do them at the police station.�

3. No. But I would guess someone who is authorized to do them. Although looks like TJ said he did them himself. But like I said, try that place you mentioned, or else I know UPS takes prints...not that I'd trust them.

Virginia police had a designated building for taking fingerprints. You couldn't just go to any police department.�

Anyway, I feel your pain. My first set was rejected because the officer was sloppy. I took the CBC requirement as a formality. Bad approach. They have to be done right. My second pair didn't get done in time and I had to leave Korea...and when I did get them, they expired too early for my next job here. Lots of fun.

Just get 'em done right and send them in. Good luck!
young_clinton

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: First set of CBC fingerprints rejected, help! Reply with quote

isitts wrote:

Sure. Try them. Or just get someone competent to do them at the police station.�

It sounds like you didn't have to pay to have them done. However you might try a private fingerprinting service. You must have one around where you live. The one I used checked them very carefully while they were being done. Also the fingerprinter also indicated you generally have to know what you're doing to be able to know if the prints are any good, the sheet the FBI gives out isn't near enough to know what a good print is. My prints were guaranteed and I only paid 21 dollars for two sheets of prints.
davai!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in California, you go to a live scan place. they should be able to transmit them to the fbi.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=los+angeles+live+scan+locations
Wildbore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-J wrote:

I did my prints myself.

Just left the spot blank on the form for officer taking prints.

The FBI lets people do this? (would be stupid if they did)

The point of the officer is to ensure you don't substitute someone else prints.
T-J

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FBI already had my prints because I'm prior service. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. I know of at least one other person that also did his own. Which is what prompted me to go that route.

littletelly94

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just get an ink pad and do them yourself. Especially useful if they charge a lot of money.

I did mine myself (not as easy as it looks!) and sent in 3 copies of the paper.

CBC came out fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: