Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Syria
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unibrow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syrian rebels are massacring Christians and using terrorists bombings. It will end up like Libya. The Western media says the whole population is against the regime, yet over a year after the murder and rape of Gadaffi the government is still fighting people loyal to him.
GENO123

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unibrow wrote:
Syrian rebels are massacring Christians and using terrorists bombings. It will end up like Libya. The Western media says the whole population is against the regime, yet over a year after the murder and rape of Gadaffi the government is still fighting people loyal to him.

You are mourning Gadaffi?

Okay.
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/post/mccain-implores-obama-to-act-in-syria/2012/11/28/d81fff08-3906-11e2-b01f-5f55b193f58f_blog.html

Quote:
McCain implores Obama to act in Syria
By Jennifer Rubin

In a discussion centering on Iran with French thinker and Middle East author Bernard-Henri L�vy moderated by Robert Kagan, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Tuesday reminded us why he is the indispensable man in the U.S. Senate when it comes to national security. He was restrained but adamant that the administration has made and continues to make a gross mistake in failing to act decisively to oust Bashar al-Assad.

Rubin and Levy and Kagan in the Meyer owned Washington Post promote McCain as the man in the Senate for national security.

Let's remember Levy:

http://alethonews.wordpress.com/2011/03/24/why-are-they-making-war-on-libya/
Quote:
On March 4, the French literary dandy Bernard-Henri L�vy held a private meeting in Benghazi with Moustapha Abdeljalil, a former justice minister who has turned coats to become leader of the rebel �National Transition Council�. That very evening, BHL called Sarkozy on his cellphone and got his agreement to receive the NTC leaders. The meeting took place on March 10 in the Elys�e palace in Paris. As reported in Le Figaro by veteran international reporter Renaud Girard, Sarkozy thereupon announced to the delighted Libyans the plan that he had concocted with BHL: recognition of the NTC as sole legitimate representative of Libya, the naming of a French ambassador to Benghazi, precision strikes on Libyan military airports, with the blessings of the Arab League (which he had already obtained). The French foreign minister, Alain Jupp�, was startled to learn of this dramatic turn in French diplomacy after the media.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-22/sarkozy-libya-plan-got-push-from-american-vertigo-author-levy.html

Quote:
French author Bernard-Henri Levy was present at the creation of President Nicolas Sarkozy�s decision to intervene in the Libyan civil war.

With Foreign Minister Alain Juppe in Brussels, Levy, 62, attended Sarkozy�s March 10 meeting at the Elysee Palace with leaders of the Libyan opposition. Having arranged the encounter, Levy urged Sarkozy to become the first to recognize them as the government of Libya -- which he did.

It was Levy who confirmed a Le Monde report that day that Sarkozy was pushing for air strikes against Muammar Qaddafi. Juppe�s meeting in Brussels with his European Union counterparts failed to yield consensus on recognizing the Benghazi-based opposition and on military attacks. The United Nations voted a week later to authorize a no-fly zone.

�It�s too serious an issue to have someone like Bernard- Henri Levy tell France what to do in Libya,� said Stephane Rozes, who founded the Paris-based Cap Institute, a political- advisory firm. �His public posture is not good for France or its diplomacy.�

He uses universalistic language and ideas to achieve ethnocentric goals.

Why did BHL support the war?

In his own words:

http://www.rtl.fr/actualites/international/article/bhl-en-libye-je-ne-l-aurais-pas-fait-si-je-n-avais-pas-ete-juif-7737034667

Quote:
Le philosophe Bernard-Henri L�vy a d�clar� dimanche que "c'est en tant que juif" qu'il avait "particip� � l'aventure politique en Libye", lors de la premi�re Convention nationale organis� par le Conseil repr�sentation des organisations juives de France (Crif). "Je ne l'aurais pas fait si je n'avais pas �t� juif", a ajout� le philosophe, devant un auditoire de pr�s de 900 personnes, r�uni � Paris, ajoutant: "J'ai port� en �tendard ma fid�lit� � mon nom et ma fid�lit� au sionisme et � Isra�l".

In English:

Quote:
The philosopher Bernard-Henri Levy said Sunday that "this is as a Jew" that he had "participated in the political adventure in Libya", when the first national Convention organized by the Council representation of Jewish organizations in France (Crif). "I wouldn't have done if i had not been Jewish", has added the philosopher, in front of an audience of nearly 900 people, met in Paris, adding: "I brought in my fidelity to etendard my name and my loyalty to Zionism and Israel".

xxxxxxxxxxx

Here is my question.

Levy, Rubin, Kagan and the Meyer are using the language of universalist democracy and freedom to cover their ethno-goals in their ethno-state.

Should it not be among the most discussed topics in American society that the media et al is taking the country from war to war for explicitly ethnic goals?

Why is it not discussed.

Any of you liberals have an answer for me? Or do you all want to pretend it doesn't exist?
Titus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://rt.com/news/us-senate-military-syria-305/
Quote:
The US Senate has voted nearly unanimously to assess military options to cripple the air force of Syrian President Assad. Lawmakers said the action aims to stop the killing of civilians, but critics claim it may herald a Libya-style no-fly zone.

Ninety-two Senators voted to move forward with a Pentagon report on possible military options in Syria, with six opposing the legislation.

The bill in question gives US Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta 90 days in which to carry out the study and report back to the Senate with the findings, aimed at �advancing the goals of President Obama of stopping the killing of civilians in Syria and creating conditions for a transition to a democratic, pluralistic, political system in Syria."

Syria is a few Yankee bombs away from a democratic, pluralistic political system.
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GENO123 wrote:
Unibrow wrote:

You are mourning Gadaffi?
ies
Okay.

You seem to find it as odd as I do that a boat-load of conservatives find it convenient/useful/necessary to defend dictatorship over democracy. As far as I can tell, it is a result of them (conservatives as a group) finding life in the real world uncomfortable when (as is all too often the case) their fantasies don't match up with objective reality. (See: Karl Rove)

It seems to be a result of the authoritarian personality structure.

The reports today are about the Syrian gov't arming their chemical weapons onto missiles. I don't know what to think. Obviously, this is bad, bad news. I do not want another Mid-east war. (One way or another we need to restrict our military involvement in that part of the world.)

At the moment, I am in favor of a resurrection of the Turkish Empire. In five or ten minutes, I will be in favor of another solution.
bigverne

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The reports today are about the Syrian gov't arming their chemical weapons onto missiles

After the whole WMD thing in Iraq, you aren't the least bit sceptical about news stories like these?
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://rt.com/news/un-syria-chemical-weapons-532/
Quote:
UN chief Ban Ki-moon has said there are no confirmed reports that Damascus is preparing to use chemical weapons in the ongoing Syrian conflict. The statement comes amid speculation that loyalist forces are loading deadly nerve gas into aerial bombs.

�"Recently we have been receiving alarming news that the Syrian government may be preparing to use chemical weapons. We have no confirmed reports on this matter," Secretary-General Ban said while visiting Syrian refugee camps in Turkey on Friday, as Haaretz daily quotes him.

Ya-ta Boy
Quote:
You seem to find it as odd as I do that a boat-load of conservatives find it convenient/useful/necessary to defend dictatorship over democracy. As far as I can tell, it is a result of them (conservatives as a group) finding life in the real world uncomfortable when (as is all too often the case) their fantasies don't match up with objective reality. (See: Karl Rove)

In the real world Arabs aren't Finns and democracy didn't and won't take. That's the real world.
catman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wrote:
Should it not be among the most discussed topics in American society that the media et al is taking the country from war to war for explicitly ethnic goals?

Why is it not discussed.

Any of you liberals have an answer for me? Or do you all want to pretend it doesn't exist?

Religion plays a great role. We have heard plenty about this being a battle of good vs evil espeically from the evangelical Christian crowd. This is all supposed to hasten the second coming of Jesus Christ I guess.
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catman wrote:
Titus wrote:

Why is it not discussed.

Religion plays a great role. We have heard plenty about this being a battle of good vs evil espeically from the evangelical Christian crowd. This is all supposed to hasten the second coming of Jesus Christ I guess.

Rubin and Levy and Kagan and Meyer are evangelical Christians?

Next you'll say Syria is about oil.
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you all remember this:

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2011-06-12/lifestyle/35234652_1_gay-girl-foreign-media-blog

Quote:
For nearly a week, the world followed the saga of Amina Arraf, the blogger who was celebrated for her passionate, often intimate writings about the Syrian government�s crackdown on Arab Spring protesters. Those writings stopped abruptly last Monday, and in a posting on her blog, �A Gay Girl in Damascus,� a cousin said Amina had been hauled away by government security agents.

News of her disappearance became an Internet and media sensation. The U.S. State Department started an investigation. But almost immediately skeptics began asking: Had anyone ever actually met Amina? On Wednesday, pictures of her on the blog were revealed to have been taken from a London woman�s Facebook page.

And Sunday, the truth spilled out: The gay girl in Damascus confessed to being a 40-year-old American man from Georgia.

If you're the type of person that goes all ga-ga for memes like Gay Girl in Damascus then the joke is on you. Or you are the joke.

WMD's, gay rights, democracy, pluralism... .
catman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wrote:
catman wrote:
Titus wrote:

Why is it not discussed.

Rubin and Levy and Kagan and Meyer are evangelical Christians?

Next you'll say Syria is about oil.

McCain is Jewish?
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's being promoted by Jews because he'll serve their interests.

Or are you going to now say that Rubin and Levy and Kagan and Meyer are universalistic?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/post/mccain-implores-obama-to-act-in-syria/2012/11/28/d81fff08-3906-11e2-b01f-5f55b193f58f_blog.html

Quote:
By Jennifer Rubin

In a discussion centering on Iran with French thinker and Middle East author Bernard-Henri L�vy moderated by Robert Kagan, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Tuesday reminded us why he is the indispensable man in the U.S. Senate when it comes to national security. He was restrained but adamant that the administration has made and continues to make a gross mistake in failing to act decisively to oust Bashar al-Assad.

Rubin and Levy and Kagan in the Meyer owned Washington Post promote McCain as the man in the Senate for national security.
catman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wrote:
He's being promoted by Jews because he'll serve their interests.

Or are you going to now say that Rubin and Levy and Kagan and Meyer are universalistic?

Quote:
By Jennifer Rubin

So? Why should I hold pro-war Jews in contempt anymore than pro-war Christians? McCain is being promoted by them. He isn't their puppet. He has always been hawkish.
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all find and good to reference the loony evangelical Christians. They do not run American foreign policy. AIPAC and the rest of the power structure does.

Why focus on the weaker party? What are you trying to accomplish?
catman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wrote:
It's all find and good to reference the loony evangelical Christians. They do not run American foreign policy. AIPAC and the rest of the power structure does.

Why focus on the weaker party? What are you trying to accomplish?

Bush, Rumsfeld, Cheney etc............were not Jewish. They were responsible for the US war in Iraq.

I am not focusing on the "weaker party". You are the one bringing ethnicity into this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 7 of 29

Jump to: