Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marquez Pacquiao fight. SPOILERS!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fosterman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Marquez Pacquiao fight. SPOILERS! Reply with quote

wow, I personally didn't see that coming..
I thought manny had him for sure, that was just one of those fluke shots which connect and send a boxer to the canvas. or is manny just not the same fighter anymore?
fermentation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It ain't a spoiler if it already happened. It's not a movie.

Lol at "fluke shot." That was a perfectly timed counter right hand over the Pacquiao's lead hand. Marquez was looking for that punch the whole fight, and hit Pacquiao with it before the KO too. It's called boxing technique. There are no such thing as flukes for guys at this level.
fosterman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermentation wrote:
It ain't a spoiler if it already happened. It's not a movie.

Lol at "fluke shot." That was a perfectly timed counter right hand over the Pacquiao's lead hand. Marquez was looking for that punch the whole fight, and hit Pacquiao with it before the KO too. It's called boxing technique. There are no such thing as flukes for guys at this level.

well some people might not have seen the fight yet..

why did pacman makes such an error like that? why did he come in unprotected and leave himself unguarded like that? someone with his experience and considering he has fought marquez a few times already seems like an amateur mistake to make..
Zackback

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marquez is on roids man. Look at him.
hogwonguy1979

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Romney finally got one over Obama here. He was at the fight while Obama is back in DC having to go to a PSY show. HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best fight of the year. In fact the best fight in several years.

Too bad now we will never see a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight now.
fermentation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fosterman wrote:

why did pacman makes such an error like that? why did he come in unprotected and leave himself unguarded like that? someone with his experience and considering he has fought marquez a few times already seems like an amateur mistake to make..

He's human and he makes mistakes. Manny thought Marquez was hurt after that knock down and the flush right hook. Juan was bleeding profusely and probably had/has a broken nose. Manny sought to finish Marquez thinking Juan was done and rushed and got caught.

The thing is, Manny was always susceptible to that punch. He always leans way too forward when on the offensive and gets hit by counters, hence why he's always had trouble with good counter punchers like Marquez. Manny's been hit with that punch before, but his natural speed always allowed him to get out of trouble at the last minute (minimize the damage or move out of the way after getting hurt). I think with Marquez adjusting to welterweight better, incorporating better training techniques, and with Manny slowing down with age and rushing in recklessly was the formula for Pac's demise. Also, going into the fight, Freddie Roach kept talking about knocking Marquez out. The same Juan who has never been knocked out and is arguably the best counter puncher in the game after Mayweather.

Quote:

I could think of a few fights that were better..
fosterman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hogwonguy1979 wrote:
Looks like Romney finally got one over Obama here. He was at the fight while Obama is back in DC having to go to a PSY show. HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad now we will never see a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight now.

I think the fight will still happen, it's to lucrative to not happen, both camps know this fight will be the biggest purse in history and one of the greatest shows in boxing , regardless Pacman lost, this fight has to go on because the money involved is to big to pass up.
Squire

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Sunday of sitting in waiting for boxing to start, but this week it was definitely worth it! What a fight, and I wasn't sorry to see Marquez get the win. He deserved it.
Unibrow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pacquiao is off that stuff, thats why he lost
fosterman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure everyone is shocked manny lost, because we are so use to seeing him win, although he has now lost his last two fight. but in all fairness he is still up on marquez.. now when pacman fights mayweather , and if he loses, he is done. but if he knocks mayweather then we know pac is or was the best pound for pound fighter.
fermentation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the fight again, you'll notice Pacquiao moving or slipping to the right or after throwing the jab or 1-2 to avoid Marquez's right hand counter, which is a move he used in the third fight. This time, Marquez adjusted to this by timing a left hand and hit Pacquiao with it. This probably factored in to Pac moving straight forward into the right hand.

Quote:
I think the fight will still happen, it's to lucrative to not happen, both camps know this fight will be the biggest purse in history and one of the greatest shows in boxing , regardless Pacman lost, this fight has to go on because the money involved is to big to pass up.

I doubt it will happen at this point. Mayweather is scheduled to fight twice next year and one of them will probably be Canelo. The other will probably be someone like Guerrero. I've lost all interest in a Pac fight after all the pointless drama. Floyd will win anyway. He's even better at that right hand counter than Marquez is.
darkjedidave

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the fight, I immediately though of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEPgb5v3qZg (edit: possibly nsfw- language)
fosterman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkjedidave wrote:
Watching the fight, I immediately though of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEPgb5v3qZg (edit: possibly nsfw- language)

hahahahaha yeah funny, my first thought was pacman took a dive and made a killing on the odds!

but now that I think of, he got knocked the F@#ked out! and lost.
ricochet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

manny...see the license plate number of the truck that hit you?

wotta punch, amigo! Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: