Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kids club in Changwon ����

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stever1000

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Kids club in Changwon ���� Reply with quote

Any recent information on this school? Good/Bad?

(Changwon-si, Gyeongsangnam-do)

Anyone with experience with this school let me know Smile
globusmonkey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work next door to the place. I can't give you any specifics about the job, but from what I've seen it looks like a kindy hagwon (maybe some elementary), and there's usually a lot of noise coming from their space when I walk by (like any kindy would have). I haven't met any foreign teachers that work there, but there is a Changwon facebook group that you could join and ask if anyone has info. Changwon is a good city to start out in, though, if this is your first time, especially if your apartment is located in Sangnam-dong (i.e. downtown). Good luck!
stever1000

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, I joined a couple facebook groups and I will see what I can find out.

The apartment is a 15min walk away...is the area around this hagwon nice?

globusmonkey wrote:
I work next door to the place. I can't give you any specifics about the job, but from what I've seen it looks like a kindy hagwon (maybe some elementary), and there's usually a lot of noise coming from their space when I walk by (like any kindy would have). I haven't met any foreign teachers that work there, but there is a Changwon facebook group that you could join and ask if anyone has info. Changwon is a good city to start out in, though, if this is your first time, especially if your apartment is located in Sangnam-dong (i.e. downtown). Good luck!
julstr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this topic is old but since it was the only thing that came up when I was searching for the school back before I started I thought it would be decent enough to reply to. I know this no longer applies to the original poster but anyone seeking out information in the future can hopefully see this.

I have worked at this school for the past 5 months and have nothing but positive experiences.

You get paid on time with detailed print out. The school has been quick and receptive to not one but three issues with my apartment (my internet set up, a plumbing issue caused by the previous resident and the unfortunate incident where I blew a fuse). All of which have been resolved quickly (within 24 hours). The school is full of great staff who are super friendly and nice. The hours are amazing and all overtime is paid. It's got the same basic problems any hagwon would have, catering to parent demands, etc. But the school is always really nice about how they handle parental complaints and how those complaints are voiced to us. You get paid vacation and breaks. It's overall the best school I could have hoped for.

It's in a great area, right in the center of downtown. Changwon is a great city and it's really easy to get around. There's also a vibrant set of expats who are really open and helpful.

I hope this helps anyone searching for this school in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: