Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The best "documentary" I've seen in a while

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madoka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: The best "documentary" I've seen in a while Reply with quote

Well, certainly it is the most entertaining.

It has secret Nazi bases in the Antarctic, ancient aliens, the spear of destiny and the holy grail, UFOs, techno-magic, wormholes, government conspiracies, secret weapons of mass destruction, Nazi flying saucers, paranormal abilities. . . the list goes on. The only things missing are zombies and vampires.

If you have 45 minutes to kill, it's worth a watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwUpPwyyvLw
fosterman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, never heard that theory before! the south pole works as a gate to other planets in the universe! that was full on..
schwa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many supposed "mysteries" all make perfect sense now.
GF

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting. I'm familiar with most of the theories advanced, and find some of them interesting, but it's truly bizarre how they chose to structure that video. Why go on about occult Nazism for 40 minutes, only to declare that an irrelevant dead end in the last five ? Is there a part II coming ?

If anyone wants a less breathless survey of this campy but imaginative corner in the world of conspiracy theory, check out Arktos by Joscelyn Godwin.
joelove

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching a bunch of crime documentaries on the you tube recently. There are some good ones. The hardest one to watch was about the serial killer twosome, the toolbox killers. They're all hard to watch, but that one was presented in a way that hurt.
zpeanut

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say it was the best because it was slightly off-putting in a weird way...

Extraordinary Breast Feeding (BBC)

Yes yes... i know breastfeeding is natural and you're probably wondering how I came to be watching that. Well, I had cable at home and I happen to like the lifestyle channel. It was the next show and I thought.. what the?? and I watched the whole thing.

It's about breastfeeding of course and also the lives of three women from what I remember and their circumstances and views on breastfeeding. One lady fed one of her daughters to the age of 12. Enough said.

I also watched on Lifestyle a docu about Gypsies in Britain. My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.

This one was interesting, they live in another world, really. Children grow up with totally different values and a different mindset to what life is.

A series that I really love, travel documentaries I guess?
Long Way Round and Long Way Down - Ewen Mcgregor (can't spell his name) and his best bud travel across the globe on motorbikes. Extremely interesting and hilarious at times. Really worth watching. Guys love it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: