Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TEFA English School in Banghak (near Nowon) (need some info)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
face32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: TEFA English School in Banghak (near Nowon) (need some info) Reply with quote

http://www.eslcafe.com/jobs/korea/index.cgi?read=55330

I found this listing and tried to do some research on the school before I apply. I couldn't find much, but what I did find was very negative. It was also from 2002-2003. And I'm not sure it was this exact school.

I want to know if anyone has any recent experience with this school, and whether or not it is a chain or what. I would like to hear about good and bad experiences. Thanks! Feel free to PM me as well. Thanks!
Taylormade

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very shady. I have a good friend who worked there. Two friends actually. The owner is one shady character. He doesn't provide the national health insurance or pension benefits. Their apartment had cockroaches. Lots of them. Owner thinks he can unilaterally adjust contract to his benefit anytime he likes.

Avoid.
face32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taylormade wrote:
Very shady. I have a good friend who worked there. Two friends actually. The owner is one shady character. He doesn't provide the national health insurance or pension benefits. Their apartment had cockroaches. Lots of them. Owner thinks he can unilaterally adjust contract to his benefit anytime he likes.

Avoid.

How recently did they work there? Could you give me a little more detail, if you don't mind Smile Or put me in contact with your friend that worked there? PM me if you'd like! Also, was it the Banghak location?

Sorry if I sound skeptical, but I've seen a few bad reviews about the last place I worked, when in reality it was not even close to bad as they made it out to seem. But everyone has their own opinion!

Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: