Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Airport Long-term Storage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davisianp

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Airport Long-term Storage Reply with quote

Hello,
I am going to the airport in Incheon in a few days. I am flying to Thailand, where I will not need coats or scarves or other anti-ice age attire. What can I do so that I will have warm things when I return? Is there somewhere in all of Seoul where I can store belongings for two weeks?

Thank you for any recommendations.
Ian
thrylos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are you flying with? If you're using Asiana or (I think) Korean, they have a 'coat service', free of charge. Not sure about Thai, I'm guessing poop out of luck with any 'discount' airline (Jeju/Tway, etc). But always worth asking about.

If that fails, you can always use the dry-cleaning/laundromat service, located in the basement of the airport (under the arrivals floor). Yes, you'd have to pay for the 'dry cleaning', but they will keep your stuff hanging in vinyl until you return.

http://www.airport.kr/airport/facility/efalicityInfo.iia?carId=36&facilityId=460
giraffe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about just using the airport lockers? isnt it just one price and you get the key and then when your done just pop the key in and thats it? Or do you have to pay for those Per hour/day used or something?
davisianp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think airport lockers are only temporary 24 hour deals. Surely all of these people coming from Korea for heat-seeking trips have somewhere or something they do with their stuff. Apparently some dry-cleaners do give away things after a certain amount of time... need a lower risk solution, though I liked the idea and I do have stuff in need of dry cleaning.

Oh, and I'm flying with Jeju Air. Probably no such service is available.
actionjackson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there's this too. I used it a few years back for a big suit case, don't know if they'll do just a winter coat. http://www.airport.kr/airport/facility/efalicityInfo.iia?carId=23&facilityId=84
yodanole

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the 4th floor of the Incheon Airport International Terminal, there is a place that will store at least a couple of suitcases for a price. I used it in 2011 ( January ) for the same reasons, while I was in Manila for 2 weeks. It's not cheap, but not really unreasonable either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: