Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does KB Bank allow one to set up an automatic transfer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NaturallyStacie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Does KB Bank allow one to set up an automatic transfer Reply with quote

system? I'm going home on the 23rd of this month but I won't get paid until te 24th. Is there a way to transfer the money automatically to my U.S. bank account?
tardisrider

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is one idea. I'm sure other people will have other ideas, but this is what has worked well for me in similar situations:

Most banks (I don't know about KB specifically) have "remittance accounts." That's probably what you need to ask about at KB.

Basically, you tie your home bank to the remittance account. Whenever money is deposited into the remittance account, the money is automatically transferred to your home bank.

The trick might be getting the money into the remittance account in the first place. If your employer can deposit it there instead of into your usual account, then your problem is solved.

If you are set up for online banking, you could probably log in and transfer money from your regular account into the remittance account. I've done that before and the most difficult part was dealing with all the security procedures (install activeX, special PINs, etc) for the online banking.

If you're going to do this, make sure that you understand the procedure for online banking and will be able to access your accounts from your computer in your home country--the security codes and such can be a little confusing if you haven't used them before, especially if there's a language or technological issue.
missty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I have exactly the same problem as you! I am going home on the 16th January, but don't get paid until the 17th. My last resort was leaving my card with my boyfriend and getting him to transfer it all the next day, but I'd rather steer away from that option if at all possible.

I have it all set up on the ATM to transfer money directly back home and it takes less than a day to do so, but it has to be done manually. I think I will be contacting KB sometime this week, so if I find out anything I'll let you know!
FriendlyDaegu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tardisrider is correct. You're allowed to have one remittance account, and you're allowed to have it tied with one bank in Korea.

When I switched from KB to KEB, they had to request with the Bank of Korea to move my remittance account to their bank. After that was done, I got a separate bank book and number for the remittance account, and any money sent to that number gets sent overseas immediately.

Perhaps KB has the same service, so you can get a KB bank book and number for automatic overseas transfers, then give that number to your employer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: