Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sexual Economics, Culture, Men, and Modern Sexual Trends
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mix1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirius black wrote:
Marriage, Horror, And Susan Reimer

Take Horror. It's A Better Bet.

by Fred Reed

Were I to offer thoughts on marriage to young American men today, in these the declining years of a once-great civilization, my advice would be as follows: Don't do it. Or, if you do, do it in another country. In America marriage is a grievous error.

And why so? Because of The Chip. The Attitude. The bandsaw whine of anger, anger, anger that makes American women an international horror. It's there. It's real.

You, a young man, may not recognize the Chip if you have never seen normal, warm, happy women. If you are twenty-something and haven't been out of the US, you haven't seen them. They exist by the billion--in Latin America, Singapore, Taiwan, Malaya, China and, last I looked, France and Holland. And of course not every woman in America carries the Chip. None of them think they do. Yet it is the default, the usual, what comes out of the box.

Traveled a lot and gotta agree on this one.
To make the "chip" even worse, it often comes along on a chubbier frame with terrible packaging. Come on, you can't be fatter, dressed in sweatpants, AND meaner!

I took a girlfriend back to the US for a short vacation (she was Korean). At a party, I was really tired and laid my head on her lap for a minute. She rubbed my temples and fed me a few grapes from the snack table. A group of American chicks noticed it and were aghast! Laughing
"Oh my gawd! Don't feed him!" "Don't let him do that!" "He should be massaging YOU!"
And tried to lecture her on not spoiling me, male chauvinism, etc.

Thanks but no thanks for your input ladies. In fact, stay the heck away from her and keep your poison to yourselves.
Kuros

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^

This exists, but its not common in all of America. Southern and Midwestern women are unlikely to display this "poison." This phenomenon appears stronger on the East Coast, where both men and women are more ambitious but less happy.
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
This is femininity unleashed...

I don't know if that if femininity unleashed but this is feminism unleashed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jckfL4LdBtQ

Those lovely ladies and a few pathetic men are protesting a lecture about male suicide. Here's a longer version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iARHCxAMAO0&feature=youtu.be&t=3m56s

And some arrogance for good measure:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/she-the-people/wp/2012/12/13/women-senators-wed-have-solved-fiscal-cliff-crisis-by-now/?hpid=z11

Cause if there is one thing women are good at it is negotiating under stress.

Quote:
This exists, but its not common in all of America. Southern and Midwestern women are unlikely to display this "poison." This phenomenon appears stronger on the East Coast, where both men and women are more ambitious but less happy.

My better half likes to say feminism hit Pluto harder than it did Miami. All classes of women in this city are infinitely more agreeable than even 30 miles north in Ft Lauderdale. South American women are hot tempered but deferent and agreeable.

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2012/12/gender_neutral_toys_can_a_fireman_dollhouse_finally_prove_that_boys_and.html

Quote:
Ultimate Disney Princess Castle: Your Time is Up

This season�s gender-neutral toys will finally prove that boys and girls aren�t so different after all.

^ This sexual-dimorphism denying piece of crap was written by Hanna Rosin (of End of Men fame).

Quote:
But in fact this is a false piece of evidence, or at least extremely misleading, since childhood is just about the only phase of life where differences between the genders show up so starkly.

In other words, Rosin doesn't have any masculine men in her life and thinks that all men sit around listening to their wives ramble on about the patriarchy over white wine and Madonna.

I'm gonna turn this thread into a dumping ground of feminism unleashed articles. Feel free to play along.
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/12111

Quote:
Prominent gender and media studies professors from across the country converged recently to help host what was dubbed by organizers as a �Feminist, Anti-Racist Wikipedia Edit-a-thon� to create or influence dozens of entries on the online encyclopedia.

A Claremont Graduate University endowment fund sponsored the effort, which promoted creating and �improving� entries dedicated to: feminists; feminist theories; science studies; science, technology and society; human sexuality; artificial intelligence; and film theory; according to an email that announced the event to the Claremont Colleges community, as well as the �Edit-a-thon Wikipedia Page.� [1]

�This event is � proposed because an increasing number of undergraduates are utilizing digital humanities techniques in their research, as well as studying and publishing their findings using the Internet and online spaces that can be hostile, sexist, hierarchical, overly entertainment-focused, and identity neutral,� states a blog post [2] on the Claremont Digital Humanities website. �The Feminist/Anti-Racist Digital Humanities BLAIS project encourages more complicated expressions of difference and identity in online spaces.�

The students are leaving the liberal-textbook plantation and so the plantation needs to be made bigger.

Quote:
The �Edit-a-thon Wikipedia Page,� however, listed 22 women involved in feminist theory and various science, society and technology studies who either needed a biographical entry created for them, or their current articles allegedly needed additions and edits.

The Edit-a-thon page also suggested editing famed philosopher Rene Descartes� page, noting its contemporary reception category �could include critiques and debates, including feminist philosophers who have criticized Cartesian dualism and its legacies.�

Another of the subjects targeted by the �Wikistorm� included �human sexuality.�

It�s unclear what changes, if any, were made to the entry, but its introduction currently reads that �human sexuality � can refer to issues of morality, ethics, theology, spirituality or religion. It is not, however, directly tied to gender.� It also reads that �socio-cultural aspects of sexuality include � Christian views on avoidance of sexual pleasure.�

Wikistorm was open to the public, and students were encouraged to attend and take part. Its agenda also included a roundtable discussion on �feminist, anti-racist approaches to technology,� according to organizers.

Educators who led the talk, according to organizers, included UC Irvine Women�s Studies Professor Kavita Philip, whose essays have been published in journals such as Postmodern Culture and Radical History Review, according to the college�s website.

Also slated to attend was UC San Diego�s Professor Elizabeth Losh, who teaches courses such as �media seductions� and �digital journalism,� the school�s website states.

Claremont�s Pitzer College Media Studies Professor Alexandra Juhasz was among the mix of leaders as well; Juhasz� professor profile page links to a �media praxis� website that promotes �media for social change,� among other causes.

Also on tap for the Wiki edit-a-thon was Anne Balsamo, dean of the School of Media Studies at The New School in New York; Lisa Parks, a UC Santa Barbara Film and Media studies professor and an affiliate of the Department of Feminist Studies; and Lisa Cartwright, a UC San Diego gender studies professor.

When asked to address the appropriateness of the effort, in terms of editing Wikipedia to promote ideologies, Rod Leveque, assistant director of media and online relations for Claremont Graduate University, told The College Fix in an email he could not comment on the question because �I haven�t seen any information to suggest the premise is correct.�

He also stated he did not know how much university endowment money was provided to fund the endeavor.

�The edit-a-thon appears to be one workshop that is a piece of larger project aimed in part at helping graduate and undergraduate students from a wide range of disciplines, primarily in the humanities, learn how to experiment with digital scholarship and expression,� he stated. �I�m not sure I could break out the costs of this particular workshop from the funding of the larger endeavor, but the costs don�t appear to be substantial.�

The BLAIS grants come from an endowed fund established with private donations a few decades ago, Leveque said.

�Grants from this fund are awarded for projects that promote collaboration among faculty and students from across the borders of the various colleges that comprise the Claremont Colleges Consortium,� he said.

Indeed, more �Wikistorms� are in the offing, according to the inaugural effort�s organizers.
sirius black

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the day men have themselves to blame. Men put up with BS from a lot of women and settle.
This goes both ways as I mentioned before. I'm more than willing to walk away.
Men (and women) continue to marry despite warning signs that says don't but a large percentage feel they can't do any better, or marry the first piece of steady p***y they get.
I've long heard women complain about their exes as being jerks or a holes. The men were jerks when they met them. Some women like 'bad boys' and complain later on when he doesn't change and he's still bad.

Likewise men date women with issues. Emo types, controling types, all kinds of behavior that isn't conducive to a good relationship. Its tough enough when you find a decent one without making worse with someone with relationship killing issues.

Demand better and you'll get better. If you can't find that in the U.S. seek it somewhere else.
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/03/07/should_twentysomething_women_feel_ashamed_for_wanting_a_boyfriend.html

^ spinters in training at Slate wonder if a desire for companionship in 20's should be shamed.

Because women at 30 have such a good chance of finding a suitable mate. Feminists...

Quote:
Alyssa Rosenberg: What strikes me as weird about this conversation, and why this shift in priorities doesn't seem like a complete feminist victory, is that it discounts the idea that a relationship can be an incredible source of support for career and life goals.

Yes! What a man wants in a mate. I know that I was just looking for some woman to support in her "career".

Quote:
I guess I�m the minority here: I�m in my late 20s, perpetually single, and very much worried about not finding someone.

Part of me is embarrassed by this�that I�ve escaped small-town Ohio and lived abroad and have a master�s degree but can�t find a partner. The other part feels that society already tells me that I should be ashamed of my body fat and short legs and hair that isn�t straight and blond, so why should I take this any more seriously? And why is this any different than feeling lonely because my family members and close friends are a plane ride away?

God knows why such a catch is single. I mean, she has a masters degree!

Quote:
Jennifer Lai: It seems that twentysomethings feel that relationships take more away (are more work, energy, time, etc.) than they give ...

Desirable women don't. Ugly (inside and out) women who can't find a man rationalize their situation away.

Quote:
Emma Roller: On the other side of this, I feel a lot of guilt for having a wonderful, stable relationship with my boyfriend of two-plus years. I'm anxious about missing out on what the zeitgeist says the 20s lifestyle "should" be (playing the field, etc.), but what if I'm happy where I'm at?

Guilt?

This is the kind of stuff that feminists write. It could not be more vapid.
GF

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wrote:
It could not be more vapid.

But Titus, she used the word Zeitgeist.
rollo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mr. Black!!

Yeah enameled in hate, my favorite description of American women. I know that that is a generalization but damn it sure seems that way.

i serve a lot of different types in my business mostly Westerners and yeah almost all the problems and the ones i don't like are American women.

of course American men tend to be cocky loud and arrogant. I am one of those. So maybe it is just the culture.

SEX is complicated and really who knows. Women have gained a lot, in recetn years but i think they have lost a lot also.
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GF wrote:
Titus wrote:
It could not be more vapid.

But Titus, she used the word Zeitgeist.

True! She deserves the 2013 Courage in Journalism award from the IWMF.
catman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I've never seen so many jaded men then on Dave's ESL Cafe.

Look guys, I couldn't get the hot chick in High School/University either. I didn't become bitter towards western women though. I went on with my life.
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Weak. Shaming? That's you dig?
Fox

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catman wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I've never seen so many jaded men then on Dave's ESL Cafe.

Look guys, I couldn't get the hot chick in High School/University either. I didn't become bitter towards western women though. I went on with my life.

Young women are being taught that they should be ashamed of wanting a real relationship in their twenties -- something that both causes them psychological distress and has a long term personal and societal impact -- and your response is to accuse a few men who see a problem with this of being bitter because they did not sleep with "the hot chick" in high school?

On a personal level, what is there to be bitter about? I found what I needed in a mate, a lovely, feminine, virginal lady for whom motherhood was a priority. What's to be bitter about? No, my concern -- and I believe the concerns of fellows like Titus and GF -- are for broader society; for our fellow men and women, who are being denied what they need, both for personal fulfillment and for building a stable, thriving society, for the sake of gratifying a certain ideologically-extreme minority who make their living off of this crap.
catman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
catman wrote:

Young women are being taught that they should be ashamed of wanting a real relationship in their twenties .

Source?
Fox

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The article Titus just linked?
Leon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
catman wrote:

Young women are being taught that they should be ashamed of wanting a real relationship in their twenties -- something that both causes them psychological distress and has a long term personal and societal impact -- and your response is to accuse a few men who see a problem with this of being bitter because they did not sleep with "the hot chick" in high school?

On a personal level, what is there to be bitter about? I found what I needed in a mate, a lovely, feminine, virginal lady for whom motherhood was a priority. What's to be bitter about? No, my concern -- and I believe the concerns of fellows like Titus and GF -- are for broader society; for our fellow men and women, who are being denied what they need, both for personal fulfillment and for building a stable, thriving society, for the sake of gratifying a certain ideologically-extreme minority who make their living off of this crap.

If you read articles in magazines like Slate, etc. then this will seem like a huge problem, but I don't think that it's a huge issue that women feel ashamed or concerned about having real relationships in their twenties. If anything, women in their young twenties, and men in their young twenties, are probably better off not marrying, or waiting longer. I think the attitudes described in these articles mostly exist in a few places like Washington DC, and elite east coast schools where career advancement is seen as the most important thing, again among both the men and women.

Titus wrote:

I'm coming at this problem not as a "knee-jerk wanna-be do-gooder liberal guy" but as a wildly right wing aggressive beat people in the streets nationalist.

As to people being concerned for broader society, it might be better if they kept it to themselves instead of acting on that concern and making things worse. Look at how people fared every time people like Titus get to act out their concern for broader society, and ask yourself is that the solution that you really want. Also, don't forget that there is also a certain ideologically-extreme minority who make their living off of the crap on the other side of the equation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: