Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

#1 Notre Dame v. #2 Alabama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrewchon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because Indiana voted for Romney, Golden Domers will be rewarded, but only if US don't go off the cliff. Grover's Grovers will do the talking on that day.
Unibrow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notre Dame has played a seriously trash schedule. Let's take a look:

Good teams: Stanford, Oklahoma
Ok teams: Southern Cal, Michigan
Bad teams: Michigan State, Purdue, Navy, Wake, BYU, Pitt, The U
Dumpster Fires: Boston College

So they have played 2 good teams, 2 overrated, mediocre teams, and a bunch of bad to terrible teams. They will lose by at least 2 TD's.
Quack Addict

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ND 21 Alabama 10

Notre Dame's defense is better than Alabama's. The QB at ND is mobile like a certain Johnny Football. Alabama has to be the most overrated team in America.

They played 2 (count them TWO) tough games all year and finished 1-1. They should have lost @LSU. McCarron is going to choke hard.

I'm not a fan of either team but this year's Alabama squad is all media hype and will be exposed in a few weeks. Cheers.
Quack Addict

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unibrow wrote:
Notre Dame has played a seriously trash schedule. Let's take a look:

Good teams: Stanford, Oklahoma
Ok teams: Southern Cal, Michigan
Bad teams: Michigan State, Purdue, Navy, Wake, BYU, Pitt, The U
Dumpster Fires: Boston College

So they have played 2 good teams, 2 overrated, mediocre teams, and a bunch of bad to terrible teams. They will lose by at least 2 TD's.

Let's look at Alabama's stellar schedule:

Good teams: LSU, A&M, Georgia
Ok teams: Michigan
Bad teams: Mississippi State
Dumster Fires: Western Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Auburn, Missouri, Western Carolina, Florida Atlantic, Mississippi

Now how bad does ND look?
detonate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of your Alabama Dumpster Fire list would beat up on that ND bad team list. ND is one of the worst #1s in a while. But I would definitely be bitter if I was a Ducks fan. Very Happy
Quack Addict

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detonate wrote:
Most of your Alabama Dumpster Fire list would beat up on that ND bad team list. ND is one of the worst #1s in a while. But I would definitely be bitter if I was a Ducks fan. Very Happy

Name one on the Alabama dumpster fire that could beat ND...Auburn? Mississippi? We can only speculate of course.

Nice personal attack with the Ducks. Total doosh move. I'm not bitter. We had a successful season going 11-1. Lost to a tough Stanford team. Playing in the Fiesta against a great KSU team should be fun.
candy bar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roll Tide!

The Alabama Crimson Tide have always been my favorite sports team, period!
EZE

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detonate wrote:
Most of your Alabama Dumpster Fire list would beat up on that ND bad team list.

Yeah, I was thinking the Bama schedule was graded harder than Notre Dame's.

I see a couple of bowl teams in the Alabama dumpster fire. Ole Miss is a bowl team and actually had 4th quarter leads against LSU, Texas A&M, and Vanderbilt.

USC was comparable to Mississippi State when Matt Barkley was healthy, but considering Barkley missed the Notre Dame game, USC was probably a worse team than Ole Miss the day Notre Dame played them.
EZE

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quack Addict wrote:
Playing in the Fiesta against a great KSU team should be fun.

The Fiesta might be the best bowl of them all. The Sugar and Orange matchups are disappointing, but I guess I'll watch them and hope for a huge upset or two. Very Happy
Unibrow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quack Addict wrote:
detonate wrote:

Name one on the Alabama dumpster fire that could beat ND...Auburn? Mississippi? We can only speculate of course.

Nice personal attack with the Ducks. Total doosh move. I'm not bitter. We had a successful season going 11-1. Lost to a tough Stanford team. Playing in the Fiesta against a great KSU team should be fun.

Most of those "dumpster fire" teams would destroy the bad teams on the ND list. He didn't say they could beat ND. And how is an 8 win Mississippi State a bad team?
Quack Addict

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unibrow wrote:
Quack Addict wrote:
detonate wrote:

Most of those "dumpster fire" teams would destroy the bad teams on the ND list. He didn't say they could beat ND. And how is an 8 win Mississippi State a bad team?

MSU lost to every ranked team they played. They even lost to Mississippi. They have 4 wins over non-AQ conference opponents (Troy, S. Alabama, Jackson St. and Middle Tenn.) and their other 4 wins were against terrible SEC teams (Auburn, Kentucky, Arkansas and Tennessee).

BYU and Navy were terrible yet they are 8-9 win bowl teams.

I'm not saying ND played a great schedule but compared to Alabama it's not worse.
Zackback

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Florida was beaten by Louisville...and Oregon was just awesome against Kansas Sate.
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucheon bum wrote:
Like the rest of America, I was thinking that the BCS sucked and was a useless system, but this year I've seen the light and decided it isn't so bad after all. Proof? Norther Illinois University, who only lost to powerhouse Iowa, is in a BCS bowl while OU and A&M aren't. Finally- justice!

(just in case it isn't clear, that was 100% sarcasm)

Oh, and it will be a miracle if the ND-Bama game isn't a complete bore by half-time.

28-0 at half. Looks like the miracle didn't happen.

Really don't know why Quack Addict had such faith in ND.

Of course now that I've typed this, look at ND to have one of the biggest comebacks of all time and overcome the current 35-7 score.
rollo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seen this coming. Bama had a better defense and Notre Dame just had never been hit like Bama hit them. Lucky it was'nt oregon the tide would have hung seventy on them. Bama's big backs just shredded the Dame defense.
goniff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hail Mary full of grace!
Notre Dame is in second place!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: