Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transgenders in sports...is it fair (or foul) play?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zackback

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Transgenders in sports...is it fair (or foul) play? Reply with quote

I mean ya know get real. This guy thinks he's a woman and now plays for the women's team. I guess he (she?) showers with them and stuff afterwards. It just seems strange like ya know freaky. Now don't get me wrong there were times in the past that I feigned like I was confused and just walked into the ladies room but this goes way beyond something like that.
--------------------------------

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/colleges/17011957-419/transgender-player-attains-college-basketball-first.html
12ax7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too young to know about this world famous athlete and coach?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ren%C3%A9e_Richards

Last edited by 12ax7 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zackback

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grew up in the 70's and 80's but never heard about it.
To me it's all a freak show anyway.
In fact, since these loud mouthed American feminists are always screaming about "equality" then why do even women's sports exist?
12ax7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zackback wrote:
In fact, since these loud mouthed American feminists are always screaming about "equality" then why do even women's sports exist?

I don't get your argument. Besides, if sex reassignment surgery gave people an edge in sports, there would be an awful lot more former men competing at the highest level of women's sports, don't you think?
madoka

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Transgenders in sports...is it fair (or foul) play? Reply with quote

Zackback wrote:
It just seems strange like ya know freaky. Now don't get me wrong there were times in the past that I feigned like I was confused and just walked into the ladies room but this goes way beyond something like that.

Laughing

You need to put this in the share three true things about yourself thread. Or maybe in the freakiest waygook one.
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12ax7 wrote:
Zackback wrote:

I don't get your argument. Besides, if sex reassignment surgery gave people an edge in sports, there would be an awful lot more former men competing at the highest level of women's sports, don't you think?

I a way, isn't that what doping is largely about? Basically, 'effing what what your body produces naturally with hormones.
fermentation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about sports, but it's unfair how good looking some of these trannies are. Some of them are more feminine than real women.
Drew10

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm honestly more concerned that "she" is 50 years old and playing for a college team.

Sounds like someone is having a pretty intense mid-life crisis.
12ax7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Corea wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Zackback wrote:

I a way, isn't that what doping is largely about? Basically, 'effing what what your body produces naturally with hormones.

Yeah, but male to female transgenders are taking female hormones and, well, the organs that produce testosterone are gone.
young_clinton

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A person who is male, even if taking hormones suppressing testosterone, has years of masculine development in thinking and in physique due to his previous years of masculine levels of exposure to testosterone. For this reason it is simply not justifiable to allow a male who is a transgender female to play on a female athletic team.

Now as far as allowing a female to play on a male team, if the female is good enough, I don't see anything wrong with that. Male sports are higher performance than female sports and if there is a female that can compete in the higher performance arena, then I see that as OK. This is as long as there has been no outside source of drugs given to the female that would increase her athletic ability (unfortunately a requirement sometimes ignored by even male athletes playing in male sports).
Quack Addict

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude is 6'6" playing against 5 feet something kids. It's like Billy Madison where he goes back to elementary school and starts blasting kids on the playground in dodgeball.

I'm not going to get into the LBGT debate but the fact is this guy played college sports as a man. How is it he can become a woman and then get more years of eligibility? That is one intense desire to chase one's dream of college sports glory?
catman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy the way Glen Miller played
Songs that made the hit parade.
Guys like us we had it made,
Those were the days.

And you knew who you were then,
Girls were girls and men were men,
Mister we could use a man
Like Herbert Hoover again.

Didn't need no welfare state,
Everybody pulled his weight.
Gee our old LaSalle ran great.
Those were the days.
12ax7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

young_clinton wrote:
A person who is male, even if taking hormones suppressing testosterone, has years of masculine development in thinking and in physique due to his previous years of masculine levels of exposure to testosterone. For this reason it is simply not justifiable to allow a male who is a transgender female to play on a female athletic team.

Explain why it isn't more common, then.
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need more threads like this...these are the questions that need asking!
Zackback

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I am a member of Dave's. Think of how boring it would be around here without me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: