Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WTF is going on in North America?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canucksaram

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: WTF is going on in North America? Reply with quote

I've recently found out about the show Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. I've watched a few clips of the show on Youtube. It's just like a car wreck: you can't pull your eyes away no matter the horror.

But then there's this, about the child's mother:

Quote:
June Shannon herself has been criticized for her daughter's diet . . . . She has also been praised by Mother Nature Network for the "keen business sense" with which she feeds her family on $80 a week by clipping copious coupons, playing Bingo, exploiting roadkill and acquiring child support checks from each of her four children�s fathers.

She's got four kids from four different men. How could four men ever get that drunk?!
madoka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: WTF is going on in North America? Reply with quote

Canucksaram wrote:

She's got four kids from four different men. How could four men ever get that drunk?!

Maybe they weren't drunks. Maybe they just had Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fetishes:

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/screencrush.com/files/2012/09/honey-boo-boo-krang-ninja-turtles.jpg
hellofaniceguy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: WTF is going on in North America? Reply with quote

[quote=" She's got four kids from four different men. How could four men ever get that drunk?![/quote]

You'd have to have a very deep grudge against your junk to want to have sex with that woman!
andrewchon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She get $20,000 per episode. Makes more than me in 12 months, in one episode! Her go-go-juice isn't very healthy though.
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best defense is never to turn those shows on. I've heard about honey boo boo - when watching Southpark. Never seen it, never will.
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: WTF is going on in North America? Reply with quote

madoka wrote:
Canucksaram wrote:

Maybe they weren't drunks. Maybe they just had Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fetishes:

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/screencrush.com/files/2012/09/honey-boo-boo-krang-ninja-turtles.jpg

Ack my eyes WHY did I click on that link!!! Mad
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding North America, the following convo from the 1986 film Aliens comes to mind:

Ripley: I say we take off and nuke the entire place from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Hudson: Freakin' A!
Burke: Hold on a second. This place has a substantial dollar value attached to it.
Ripley: They can *bill* me!
cheezsteakwit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.businessinsider.com/history-of-tlc-from-learning-channel-to-honey-boo-boo-2012-11?op=1

& that Honey boo boo show is on TLC, the LEARNIN' Channel !!! Shocked , a channel originally started by NASA, way back when ...

THAT's a misnomer if there ever was one. & don't even get me started on the crap that the "History " Channel has been airing recently.

Anyway, I know the thread says "What's up with NORTH America? " but the fact that more people tuned in for Honey Boo Boo than a speech by 'what could have been' the next VP of the USA at the GOP convention gives SOME insight into where the US's priorities are.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2196628/Republican-National-Convention-2012-Here-Comes-Honey-Boo-beats-Paul-Ryans-speech-ratings.html
John Stamos jr.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
don't even get me started on the crap that the "History " Channel has been airing recently.

What, you're not interested in the "history" of aliens?
Unibrow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honey boo boo is hilarious. The South will rise again.
Quack Addict

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: WTF is going on in North America? Reply with quote

madoka wrote:
Canucksaram wrote:

They are from Georgia. That could explain a lot.
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our culture is screwed!! I say we all learn Korean and try to blend in here.
Canucksaram

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Three thumbs're better'n two! Reply with quote

It gets even worse! One of the spawn has given birth and her child has a birth defect--namely being born with an extra thumb.

What else other than a birth defect could so perfectly drape itself around this recipe of cultural shame and voyeuristic sin that is encapsulated by the words "Honey Boo Boo"?
2i2dk1ny2i3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Died By Bear wrote:
The best defense is never to turn those shows on. I've heard about honey boo boo - when watching Southpark. Never seen it, never will.

this
sojusucks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's mostly women who watch those reality shows. A few years ago most of the daytime soap operas were canceled so this is how they get to see dramas on tv. The tv networks love reality shows because they are much cheaper than drama with real actors. But, if you look closely at the fine print there are writers for these shows, and that includes Survivor, The Great Race, and those awful K sisters. Writers = staged drama
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: