Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feeding cats a raw food diet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MollyBloom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Feeding cats a raw food diet Reply with quote

I recently adopted a kitten and I'm interested in starting her on a raw food diet. I've been reading a lot of useful literature on the subject, but I'm wondering how I can get access to some foods, such as organ meat, game hens, or rabbit, in Seoul. Will I have to go to a butcher for that, or do they sell that at larger markets/stores? Off the top of my head, I can't say I have seen that at Kim's Club/Lotte Mart/EMart, but I haven't been there lately to look for it. I'm interested in hearing about current/past cats on this diet, and if you supplemented with Bentonite Clay, Omega-3, eggs, etc. Thanks!
Savant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to give my cat liver. My girlfriend got it from some Farmer's market (don't know where, sorry). It was an actual cow's liver in a black bag. Not sure if your local butcher would have liver on sale as Koreans don't buy it.
Son Deureo!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Koreans do indeed eat beef liver. They slice it, dip it in sesame oil and salt, and eat it raw. My local butcher sells it for about W700 for 100g. I've also seen beef kidneys for sale and plenty of places sell chicken and duck innards at my local 시장, which will undoubtedly be your best bet for that sort of thing.

There are rabbit restaurants in some rural locations that I've seen, so there are definitely rabbit meat suppliers. A little poking around on Naver found me this web site where you can buy frozen rabbit for about W3500 a pound. http://korean.alibaba.com/product-free/rabbit-meat-122491560.html

If you're truly dedicated to raw food for your cat, feeder mice would be the ideal and are available for cheap at pet stores everywhere. I don't have my cats on a raw food diet per se, but I'd still love to give them a live mouse as an occasional treat. My wife, however, says no.
rollo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a cat. It will kill and eat birds rodents whatever. this is not rocket science feed the cat what you will. They are tremendous little murderers, I love them.
MollyBloom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The little kitty has been a bit picky about her food lately. She likes tuna, chicken, and some other fish, but isn't eating the shrimp. I'm going to try and give her an egg today.

Thanks to all of you who gave me some useful info!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: