Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creepy Stories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
creeper1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Creepy Stories Reply with quote

Does anyone have some creepy stories. I don't have one so I'll cheat with one from the Reddit website.

"In the late 70's, my Uncle was studying medicine at the University of Chicago. After a morning class, he decided that he would hitchhike back home to Lincoln Park on the North side instead of pay for a taxi. A man drove up in a Plymouth Satellite and offered my Uncle a ride. The man looked normal and seemed friendly...lighthearted even, so my Uncle got in the car and they started driving towards Lake Shore Drive. However, once they got there, the man drove South on Lake Shore instead of North, towards Lincoln Park. My Uncle told the man he was going the wrong way and to turn around and head North. The man looked at my Uncle, put his hand on his knee and said, "No son, you are coming with me" and smiled darkly at him. My Uncle froze in panic, and when they hit traffic near the South Shore, he quickly unlocked the passenger door and ran away without looking back.

A year or two later on a cold December day, my Uncle was having coffee in a cafe with my future Aunt when he caught something on the TV that made his blood run cold. He saw the man that had picked him up from school that day the year before. He had been arrested for the suspected rape and killing of over 20 young men and boys. The man on the television was John Wayne Gacy. And he had removed the door handle off the passenger side door to prevent the men he picked up from escaping."

Originally here - http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/bhbyx/reddit_what_is_your_creepiest_most_unnerving/

And another one from boards.ie. This one to do with ESL.

"Spent a year teaching English in South Korea in a place just north of Seoul.
There were a good few English speaking guys there, Americans, British etc, and although the pay wasn't great, the social life was pretty good.

Anyhow, we're all out on the town one Saturday night, plenty of beers and spirits drunk, etc. I drink way too much (as usual) and get a taxi back home to my place around 2.00am.

On the way back to my apartment, I fall asleep in the back of the taxi. I'm not sure how long I've been asleep for, but a sudden noise awakens me, and I open my eyes to see the taxi driver sitting beside me in the back seat masturbating furiously.

I panic and jump out the door and sprint off into the night.

End up getting another taxi about 15minutes later.

I stay awake until we reach my apartment. "

Original here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056831498&page=7
augustine

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reddit is awesome and that taxi driver story is hilarious.

Everyone who has lived and experienced life, as it should be experienced, should also have creepy/crazy stories to go along with it...

Off the top of my mind, a few of my craziest stories are:

1) Before I attended college, and when on my way to W. Europe for the summer, while I was staying with some friends who were going to NYU, I was propositioned by a guy on the street, who was just waiting on the sidewalk with his passenger door open... asking random people to, well, you know, get in. Hopefully, he didn't end up being the next Gacy.

2) I don't know what the potential consequences might have been, but I was in a taxi en route to a train station in Serbia, and the taxi driver started driving me into a mountainous area. I figured something was wrong. I know this is going to sound nuts, but I knew there were no train stations where he was taking me, so I took out my knife (which I always carry when traveling), held it to his neck, and told him to take me where I asked him to take me in the first place. He abruptly turned the car around and took me to the train station I was initially asking to be taken to. Hand shaking stuff. That shit freaked me out on a level that's difficult to explain.

I have few more, but I'll save it.
mayorgc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Korea, I lived in an apartment near Beomgye station, in Anyang. A very hustling and bustling type of place. My apartment was less than a 10 minute walk from the station. I lived near an elementary school, near a basketball court, near a small park, near a home plus. Lots of trees near my apartment as well. One night, maybe 10 ish, after seeing off my g/f (wife), I walked home at night and about 1 minute away from my building, I could see a guy walking the opposite direction. As we passed each other, the spot we crossed was a little bit dark and shadowy, caused by a street light casting a shadow from a tree. I looked at the guy very briefly, but i swear he had 2 black holes where his eyes should have been. Maybe it was from the shadows, maybe he had deep eye sockets or maybe it was from his baseball cap, but it looked like he had no eyes.

I got home, talked to wife, and she got angry at me for freaking her out.
littlelisa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once in Canada I noticed a guy who looked like he was following me, staring at me a little too often, got off on the same subway stop and then got on the same bus. I probably wouldn't have noticed if it weren't for his staring... When I got on the bus, I stopped and told the driver loud enough to be audible, that I thought that the man was following me, pointed to him and described him, and asked him to be sure he got off before I did. Well, the man got off at the next stop and stared at me as the bus left before walking back to the station. Creepy... The driver was super nice and told me that it was a good thing that I had been paying attention as he had definitely been following me.
Plume D'ella Plumeria

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my own creepy story, not unlike the John Wayne Gacy story in the OP.

For reasons too long to go into, I found myself, just shy of twenty, in an old, nearly broken down car with a man I barely knew on a journey from the west coast, bound for the east coast of the USA.

By the time we were in the wildness of Montana, hurtling down an endless highway with scarcely a light in sight, as the night grew darker and later, I began to realize that there was something seriously wrong with the guy.

As in, I appeared to be in the company of a seemingly murderous psychopath. He was saying things like, "I could kill you. I might kill you." Terror engulfed me. Eventually, he stopped for gas and to look for a place to camp. I told him that I was going for a soda and headed for help.

The police were called and came for me. I was taken away and housed for the night in an orphanage, believe it or not. There is a bit more to this than I am relating but I am editing in the interest of brevity. In the next day or so, I found my own way to NYC.

Given the time frame and location of this horrifying event, I came much later to believe that I was, for however a brief time, in the company of a notorious mass murderer who was later apprehended and given the death sentence, which was carried out.

I know that this sounds troll-ish and over the top, but trust me, it really did happen many many years ago and still gives me the occasional nightmare.

To this day, I am very careful about cars and strangers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: