Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it hell to be a middle aged woman looking for love?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghostrider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Is it hell to be a middle aged woman looking for love? Reply with quote

Quote:
But men have no idea of just how sad it is to be a single, middle-aged woman looking for love. I had no idea either until it happened to me.

Quote:
Men no longer look at me. They look through me.

Quote:
To my horror, I've discovered even men in their 50s and 60s like John aren't interested in me. I was talking to a silver-haired guy at a party a few weeks ago when I noticed his eyes swivel past me to the leggy blonde sauntering past, who was young enough to be his granddaughter.

It's cruel and unfair, and there are examples of it everywhere. Look at Ronnie Wood, the wrinkly Rolling Stones rocker, who's just got engaged to a beautiful woman aged 34.

Quote:
Looking good has become a full-time job: I run two hours a day to try to keep my thighs toned and my tummy flat. I'm so petrified of putting on weight, I starve myself for hours on end. My bathroom cabinet is stuffed with expensive moisturisers and, if I could afford it, I would be Botoxed up to the elbows.

The truth is that when you're middle-aged, it's not good enough to just look good. You have to look young.

Quote:
One of the men I was with hissed: 'You look like mutton dressed as lamb.'

I was devastated.

A girlfriend was even more blunt. 'Kate, you've got to face it. Your face doesn't match your body,' she said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2247192/My-mortifying-moment-Christmas-party-hell-48-desperate.html

Must be rough....
highstreet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Men age better than women, so I can see why she would feel that way.
comm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When I was in my 30s, I had a brilliant social life. A partner would have cramped my style. Now I don't want to be out dating. All I want is to snuggle up on the sofa with someone. And that someone is impossible to find.

"When I was in my 30s, men in their 50s and 60s paid attention to me and not women their age... now I'm almost 50 and inexplicably men my age are paying attention to women in their 30s"
Something's Gotta Give is one of my favorite movies, but it's about as realistic as The Avengers.
ricochet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i totally crush on and dig women in their 40s, 50s...but coz of my handsome boyish good looks, they dont buy that im actually 45 and think im way younger...too young for their sexy asses...they think they wud be robbing the crib dating my handsome ass! Crying or Very sad
Dodge7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricochet wrote:
i totally crush on and dig women in their 40s, 50s...but coz of my handsome boyish good looks, they dont buy that im actually 45 and think im way younger...too young for their sexy asses...they think they wud be robbing the crib dating my handsome ass! Crying or Very sad

Your 45 but write like a twink?
Titus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Women are misled by the media. Many women think they can delay marriage and childbirth indefinately. They can't.

Women think they can divorce their husband and have a sexy romance like that woman who went to India in that film. Here's the reality:

http://assets.aarp.org/rgcenter/general/divorce.pdf

Quote:
Almost 9 in 10 men (87%) dated after their divorce, compared to 8 in 10 women (79%)� Among those who dated after the divorce, more than half of men (54%) but fewer women remarried (39%).

Many women, especially those who have not remarried (69%), do not touch or hug at all sexually. An even larger majority of women who have not remarried do not engage in sexual intercourse (77% saying not at all), in comparison with about half of men (49%) who have not remarried.

Women need to be very careful regarding life timing and how they plan for the future.

Then again, screw'em. The selfish women who rips families apart can enjoy "Many women, especially those who have not remarried (69%), do not touch or hug at all sexually".
ricochet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodge7 wrote:
ricochet wrote:

yeah but i have a nice personality. Very Happy
Privateer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ff

Last edited by Privateer on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're best between 23-28 yrs. old. No kids and can NOT be from Canada.

Smile kidding of course.
rollo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah feminism and the media have misled women as to what reality is. biology is an actual science while sociology isn't.
Fox

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. I usually like a bit of anti-feminist ranting, but I just feel bad for her. She didn't tear apart a family or hurt anyone, she was just stupid and short-sighted. Young women thinking of following in her "a partner would have cramped my style" footsteps ought to take a good look at what awaits them, though.
blm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After teaching high school for the last two years I am not attracted to anyone under 40 or using a phone.
peregrinejones

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricochet wrote:
Dodge7 wrote:
ricochet wrote:

yeah but i have a nice personality. Very Happy

HAHA!
Zulethe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can vouch for the lack of physicality thing. The two ladies in their forties who I have dated were very rigid.

They had completely lost their connection with their sexulity for many different reasons.

I taught one of them how to become sexual again and then she thought I was the incarnation of God and became waaaay too dependent on me and I had to break that one off.

The worst thing that happens to a lot of us - not just women- is that we lose our capacity to trust because we've been hurt so many times before.

Heck, I've almost lost it, but I'm back!!!
littletelly94

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's cruel and unfair, and there are examples of it everywhere. Look at Ronnie Wood, the wrinkly Rolling Stones rocker, who's just got engaged to a beautiful woman aged 34.

I don't have experience being middle aged and looking for love, but I'm sure it helps to be confident in yourself and not desperate.

And that is an obvious gold digger pairing. I saw those awkward kissing photos and said "well, she'll now be loaded at least."

I'm pretty sure those young women aren't going to get with those men for free, for the most part.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: