Site Search:
 
TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How Blasted You Gonna Get Tonight?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FDNY



Joined: 27 Sep 2010

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: How Blasted You Gonna Get Tonight? Reply with quote

Ill be getting to bar around seven. Plan on drinking 7Brau IPA all night. So, that will be about 6-7 hours. At about 7% alcohol I should be feeling pretty good by about 1:00AM.

My new year's resolution: Work less, make more money, drink more good beer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chalmers



Joined: 20 Oct 2008

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally bro.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ricochet



Joined: 04 Sep 2011
Location: 305

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i started yesternite... Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JustinC



Joined: 10 Mar 2012
Location: We Are The World!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be indulging in my annual glass of sherry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Died By Bear



Joined: 13 Jul 2010
Location: On the big lake they call Gitche Gumee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis XIII de Rémy Martin for me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FDNY



Joined: 27 Sep 2010

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, drank until 1:00AM and then went to a spicy chicken BBQ place with my wife and her friend. I managed to avoid soju all night until the restaurant. Woke up with my three-year-old kid jumping on my stomach. Tuesday was a definite: "Xanax+Tylenol" day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dodge7



Joined: 21 Oct 2011

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FDNY wrote:
Wow, drank until 1:00AM and then went to a spicy chicken BBQ place with my wife and her friend. I managed to avoid soju all night until the restaurant. Woke up with my three-year-old kid jumping on my stomach. Tuesday was a definite: "Xanax+Tylenol" day.

Wow FDNY yer SOOOO cOol!!!!! Did ya get WAAAaaasted?!!! AwEsome!!!


Why does this occupation in Korea attract such losers still caught up in college frat mode/Jersey shore types? Sad thing this guy has to be near 30 or even older since he's married. Pathetic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JustinC



Joined: 10 Mar 2012
Location: We Are The World!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodge7 wrote:
FDNY wrote:
Wow, drank until 1:00AM and then went to a spicy chicken BBQ place with my wife and her friend. I managed to avoid soju all night until the restaurant. Woke up with my three-year-old kid jumping on my stomach. Tuesday was a definite: "Xanax+Tylenol" day.

Wow FDNY yer SOOOO cOol!!!!! Did ya get WAAAaaasted?!!! AwEsome!!!


Why does this occupation in Korea attract such losers still caught up in college frat mode/Jersey shore types? Sad thing this guy has to be near 30 or even older since he's married. Pathetic.


The classic put down "You must be fun at parties" surely couldn't be truer than in response to a critique of someone having a drink on New Year's. He went out for a meal, had a few drinks, was woken by his 3 year old kid - hardly worthy of a slot on 'Ugly 'Mericans Abroad'.

Or I totally missed the sarcasm...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FDNY



Joined: 27 Sep 2010

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodge7 wrote:


Wow FDNY yer SOOOO cOol!!!!! Did ya get WAAAaaasted?!!! AwEsome!!!



Rock on, Dudemeister. Got totally blitzolla! Frats are kewl.

"Sygma-Omega: Let's do a kegga'!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John Stamos jr.



Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Location: Namsan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's funny is that the only posts Dodge seems to ever make are drive by insult posts aimed at other people. I find this particular instance interesting since Dodge himself made a thread stating that he thought he was becoming an alcoholic... or, rather, how Korea was making him an alcoholic. Oh, the irony.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
northway



Joined: 05 Jul 2010

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Stamos jr. wrote:
What's funny is that the only posts Dodge seems to ever make are drive by insult posts aimed at other people. I find this particular instance interesting since Dodge himself made a thread stating that he thought he was becoming an alcoholic... or, rather, how Korea was making him an alcoholic. Oh, the irony.


When you hate everyone in the country you're stuck in, both natives and foreigners, you aren't going to have much beyond drive bys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
World Traveler



Joined: 29 May 2009

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can think of other posters on this site who are far more obnoxious. I'd say Dodge is less condescending and less pretentious. In the alcoholism thread, he said he realized he had a problem and wanted to change. I think now that he has a kid he no longer drinks. That is good. No need to be offended. This is just a message board. Our relationship to each other is that we are pixels on a screen. If you guys are really secure in yourself (are you?), there is no need to get defensive and angry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dodge7



Joined: 21 Oct 2011

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is right WT. I have stopped drinking AND smoking cold turkey for my wife and daughter. And I'm not saying the OP or others shouldn't drink (it's not healthy though), but advertising getting BLASTED like college kids made me laugh and why I posted.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
comm



Joined: 22 Jun 2010

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

World Traveler wrote:
If you guys are really secure in yourself (are you?), there is no need to get defensive and angry.

Insulting someone on the internet is the clearest sign of insecurity I've ever seen. Remarkable how some posters make it so obvious through consistent themes in their posts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zyzyfer



Joined: 29 Jan 2003
Location: who, what, where, when, why, how?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FDNY wrote:
Dodge7 wrote:


Wow FDNY yer SOOOO cOol!!!!! Did ya get WAAAaaasted?!!! AwEsome!!!



Rock on, Dudemeister. Got totally blitzolla! Frats are kewl.

"Sygma-Omega: Let's do a kegga'!"


lawlz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2013 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International